Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Scary Thoughts ):  (Read 322 times)

Offline MusicLover13

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Scary Thoughts ):
« on: January 07, 2013, 05:23:56 PM »
Hi, Ive been off Zoloft for a while but I am starting it up again today. What got me to my breaking point is these thoughts im having. All day for the past week I have had a weird feeling in my chest and a feeling that I am going to die soon, its really scaring me. My brain keeps telling me im going to die soon, and i cant think straight, and im starting to forget about the future i had planned because i truly think im actually going to die ): Im scared to sleep at night because im scared I will end up dying in my sleep. )': I dont know if this is anxiety, or if its an actual thing that is going to happen to me. )': I am REALLY scared, and have a bright future with lots of plans and I am not ready to die yet! Help! ):
Bookmark and Share

Offline kevin84

• Poke This Member
Re: Scary Thoughts ):
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2013, 05:48:21 PM »
Mind you I have never met you, but I am 95% sure you are not going to die based solely off of what you said. I too have been in your shoes where at night I stayed up a long as I could pressing my hand against my chest feeling my heartbeat ready to jump at the moment I felt something was wrong. I used to think I would die in my sleep too, I didn't I am still here. The weird feeling in your chest is stress the doing of anxiety.....I know it is hard to think right now that you are not going to die but you won't....you will eventually get a great nights rest again and your worries will become distant, watch something of your liking at night to try to ease your mind.

Hope you feel better soon!
Bookmark and Share

Offline MusicLover13

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2013, 06:02:12 PM »
Thanks for the reply. I am always putting my hand on my heart thinking if i take my hand off, my heart will stop. I dont know where this thought came from but it blocks all my other happy thoughts out. I cant think of my future or anything because the feeling/thought is so strong. ):
Bookmark and Share

Offline kevin84

• Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2013, 06:50:10 PM »
Thanks for the reply. I am always putting my hand on my heart thinking if i take my hand off, my heart will stop. I dont know where this thought came from but it blocks all my other happy thoughts out. I cant think of my future or anything because the feeling/thought is so strong. ):

See now if we both have done the same thing and you didn't mention it until you replied then you should feel somewhat better knowing that you just have to overcome this intrusive thought pattern (I know I know WAY EASIER said than done) and it will help you if you were to ever experience this awful thinking again. 
Bookmark and Share

Offline July2nd

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2013, 08:17:08 PM »
Just know and understand that you are not alone...I check my pulse,put my hand over my chest and I've allowed myself to become so sensitive to my body that every little sensation is a "Sign of death". My girl leaves at 11pm to start her shift and she takes the car...I feel like while she is gone I will have an emergency situation and won't make it to the E.R in time therefore I will collapse and die. From your post and the few that i've seen this is a common symptom..I've been going through anxiety since July 2nd 2012 but the feeling of dying in my sleep is relatively new...I guess its like that snowball that keeps going down the hill
Bookmark and Share

Offline MusicLover13

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2013, 10:36:38 PM »
Its nice knowing im not alone, but im sorry you have to go through this aswell ): i always take different things as signs of my death. Right now im laying in bed and my brain keeps telling me im going to die in my sleep.. with no other anxiety symptoms..so it makes me truly believe i will and im scared im having a premonition or something )':
Bookmark and Share

Offline July2nd

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2013, 11:27:32 PM »
I go through the same thing,Trust me. I believe that we fear leaving our family,success and future behind...I asked my grandfather 2 days ago if he feels the same now that he is 78,does he think of death alot? And he answered no because he spends way more energy on living. We have to re-adjust our minds which is way harder to do than it sounds...I don't know..I'm only 24 I shouldn't be thinking like this.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: