Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: YOU DO NOT HAVE ALS!!!!!!!  (Read 1744 times)

Offline bertybotts

• Rec's: 5
  • I like a nice warm cup of tea, and helping people.
    • Poke This Member
YOU DO NOT HAVE ALS!!!!!!!
« on: January 06, 2013, 05:11:55 AM »
GUYS!!! I say all this with the sincerest appreciation and respect for your fears. You are not insane to fear ALS. Your fears are real. Your ALS is not real.
 None of you have ALS! I bet that in the history of this board, not ONE SINGLE PERSON has been on it that has ALS. Maybe I am wrong, but I am willing to bet GOOD MONEY.

None of you have ALS. If you had ALS, you would know. So few people have ALS. The odds are so painfully small, it is like worrying about being hit with a tractor falling from the sky. I imagine someone has died that way, a tractor fell on them out of nowhere. But trust me, I can almost guarantee every single one of you that NONE OF YOU HAVE, WILL HAVE, OR COULD HAVE ALS.
NONE.

I am not a doctor and I am not an expert but my reading of ALS is comprehensive. I have never feared it.

MS is also VERY RARE.

ALS IS MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MORE RARE THAN MS. MUCH. MUCH!!!!!!!!!!

Big hugs to all of you!!!!
Bookmark and Share
I will endure any pain, as long as it has meaning.

Offline Cattia

• Rec's: 1
    • Poke This Member
Re: YOU DO NOT HAVE ALS!!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2013, 05:53:40 AM »
I have a friend with ALS and she never had anxiety. She was in no doubt that there was something very seriously wrong. Within a few weeks she couldn't use one of her legs. You're right, if you had ALS you would know about it. She's an amazing person who is still fighting and living a totally positive life almost eight years after her diagnosis and her attitude is an inspiration to people like me who waste a healthy life worrying.
Bookmark and Share

Offline bertybotts

• Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2013, 06:08:25 AM »
I have a friend with ALS and she never had anxiety. She was in no doubt that there was something very seriously wrong. Within a few weeks she couldn't use one of her legs. You're right, if you had ALS you would know about it. She's an amazing person who is still fighting and living a totally positive life almost eight years after her diagnosis and her attitude is an inspiration to people like me who waste a healthy life worrying.
Wow 8 years, that is pretty incredible.
I am sure that people with ALS very quickly realize something is VERY WRONG.
Bookmark and Share

Offline aunjypoo

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2013, 10:19:33 AM »
My ankles and feet have been feeling very weird lately.  Jerky when I move them almost and they make my foot shake if I flex or extend.  I can walk on my tip toes, walk on my heels, balance on one leg, run up stairs but I still have this horrible feeling I'm I the beginning stages of als. My left ankle seems worse than my right and I can bend my big toe further down on my right foot than I can my left as well as it just seems looser. It's scaring the crap out of me. I had my babinsky reflex tested the other day and I was fine but I was told I have hyper knee reflexes in both legs.
Bookmark and Share
Aunjypoo

Offline pensrule

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2013, 11:53:52 AM »
Yes, I'm very worried about ALS all the time, I slur words, I have cronic sinus issues and phlegm in my throat, now my right forarm feels weak and I have a tremor in my right thumb when I try to text and hand shaking, plus when i sleep my left pinky and ring finger  go numb. I'm so worried about MND all the time, it takes away from enjoying the moment.  I also have heart paplitations so there is that added to it, I'm just a wreck physically and it depresses the crap out of me. I'm going through a very rough time in my personal life right now, so I have a lot of anxiety,  but I can't wrap my head around this not being a serious ALS type issue. The right arm and thumb thing just started the in the last few days, which is really kicking everything in, I'm just feeling hopeless... :(
Bookmark and Share

Offline bertybotts

• Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2013, 05:37:09 PM »
My ankles and feet have been feeling very weird lately.  Jerky when I move them almost and they make my foot shake if I flex or extend.  I can walk on my tip toes, walk on my heels, balance on one leg, run up stairs but I still have this horrible feeling I'm I the beginning stages of als. My left ankle seems worse than my right and I can bend my big toe further down on my right foot than I can my left as well as it just seems looser. It's scaring the crap out of me. I had my babinsky reflex tested the other day and I was fine but I was told I have hyper knee reflexes in both legs.
Well guess what you don't have ALS. Congratulations. Now seek some anxiety treatment!
Bookmark and Share

Offline bertybotts

• Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2013, 05:53:12 PM »
Yes, I'm very worried about ALS all the time, I slur words, I have cronic sinus issues and phlegm in my throat, now my right forarm feels weak and I have a tremor in my right thumb when I try to text and hand shaking, plus when i sleep my left pinky and ring finger  go numb. I'm so worried about MND all the time, it takes away from enjoying the moment.  I also have heart paplitations so there is that added to it, I'm just a wreck physically and it depresses the crap out of me. I'm going through a very rough time in my personal life right now, so I have a lot of anxiety,  but I can't wrap my head around this not being a serious ALS type issue. The right arm and thumb thing just started the in the last few days, which is really kicking everything in, I'm just feeling hopeless... :(
These are all anxiety reaction symptoms. Your body is fine, your mind is not. Seek treatment for your anxiety!!
Bookmark and Share

Offline pensrule

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2013, 05:56:51 PM »
These are all anxiety reaction symptoms. Your body is fine, your mind is not. Seek treatment for your anxiety!!

Well if you say so...I pray you are right!
Bookmark and Share

Offline bertybotts

• Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2013, 06:06:20 PM »

Well if you say so...I pray you are right!
Dude I will give you my mailing address if you can mail me your ALS positive test results and I will personally send you a million dollars if you have it. Because you DO NOT HAVE ALS!
Bookmark and Share

Offline aunjypoo

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2013, 06:30:21 PM »
Well guess what you don't have ALS. Congratulations. Now seek some anxiety treatment!

Are you backing that statement with any knowledge on the subject, or just a guess....
Bookmark and Share
Aunjypoo

Offline bertybotts

• Poke This Member
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2013, 06:37:15 PM »

Are you backing that statement with any knowledge on the subject, or just a guess....
Total knowledge. If you had ALS you would not be sitting here telling me about elaborate tests you can do. You would be suffering from ALS. ALS is not one of those secretive, weird disease you sort of wonder if you have or not. If you have ALS, you would know.
Bookmark and Share

Offline aunjypoo

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2013, 07:31:56 PM »

Total knowledge. If you had ALS you would not be sitting here telling me about elaborate tests you can do. You would be suffering from ALS. ALS is not one of those secretive, weird disease you sort of wonder if you have or not. If you have ALS, you would know.

So you are saying with certainty that what I describe does not fit even the very early stages of als at all?
Bookmark and Share
Aunjypoo

Offline sixpack

• no illogical conclusions please
  • Rec's: 226
  • Mood: Thoughtful
    Thoughtful
  • anxiety lies, don't listen
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2013, 08:19:40 PM »
aunjypoo

if bertybotts answered you saying that "with certainity" you don't have ALS, what would that actually mean to you?    You've asked me that and others.  NONE of us are doctors but what we DO know is that people with anxiety crave ENDLESS and repeat reassurance and then don't believe any of it anyway.  I will tell you what it would mean  if bertybotts was to tell you that you absolutely, 100%, no way in hell that you have ALS,  you *might* believe it for 5 minutes.    Then you would go back to needing another round of reassurance.  in the end your anxious over thinking wouldn't believe it. 

a quote I am fond of:   "you can fool yourself two ways.  One is believing something that isn't true (believing you have X disease with ZERO objective evidence); and the other is refusing to believe what IS true."(you have an anxiety disorder that manifests itself physically and unless or until you address the disorder that you actually have adequately, you will not feel better.  you will continue living in fear and giving away all ofr your joy)

you will not get better until you take the necessary steps to get there.  Yep, I know it is hard.  I've been there.  But I got sick of "being there".  aunjypoo, you need to address your faulty thinking.  THEN things get better.
Bookmark and Share
MOST anxiety occurs on a subconscious level.  JUST because you don't feel consciously anxious or had a day or two of calm doesn't mean your mind & body are relaxed.  It can take months of reduced anxiety before a body goes back to a more non-reactive state

Offline gcalex

• Rec's: 46
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2013, 08:19:44 PM »
Don't seek medical advice from anonymous posters on the internet.  What you have to do is develop the tools to understand for yourself that your thinking is distorted.
Bookmark and Share

Offline bertybotts

• Poke This Member
« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2013, 09:24:27 PM »

So you are saying with certainty that what I describe does not fit even the very early stages of als at all?
Every doctor on planet earth would tell you that you do NOT have ALS, not even a tiny little bit. If you have ALS, go play the lottery. Same odds. Do you plan on winning the 50 million jackpot anytime soon?
Bookmark and Share

Tags:

anything