Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: anxiety and pure o back again .  (Read 605 times)

Offline beautifulmonster

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
anxiety and pure o back again .
« on: December 04, 2012, 04:43:14 AM »
this is happened to me so many times and i think ive got over it and it hits me back with a vengence !!
been up since 4 with massive panic attacks been going on now for two weeks and i cant bear the thoughts need to get back to how to deal with this properly . can anyone tell me why this keeps happening ? I FEEL SCARED AND ALONE.
Bookmark and Share

Offline EclecticJoe

• Rec's: 5
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: anxiety and pure o back again .
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2012, 09:14:12 AM »
What is your Pure O about?
Bookmark and Share

Offline beautifulmonster

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2012, 12:02:17 PM »
I Have thoughts like what if i stab my husband my kids !! been waking up 3.30 most night for weeks.  a week ago i woke up feeling very anxious  and for the last 3 days serious waking up in a panic cant shift the anxiety no matter what i do then the bad thoughts start making me anxious all through the day really dont like being like this in front of my kids !! i tell my husband everything he knows how it scares me im always amazed how this affects so quickly when i was doing great for quite a while.
my nerves are jumping and i m scared to sleep ,in case i wake up in a panic i feel like i m going crazy
Bookmark and Share

Offline EclecticJoe

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2012, 12:36:08 PM »
Next question: Are you on any meds or doing any therapy?

Your harm obsession is quite common by the way. You can beat this if you use all the tools in the tool kit.
Bookmark and Share

Offline beautifulmonster

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2012, 01:49:57 PM »
my husband phoned my doctor as i couldnt go . I dont know why im so scared to go . I hardley go out and never alone that much but ive coped like this for two years so far !! they gave me 40 mg of fluoxetine and gave me 3.75 mg of zopliclone  for my sleep problem. hope this works .ive hada cbt before i think i need this again. thanks very much for your reply its so helpful to know im not alone in this.
Bookmark and Share

Offline EclecticJoe

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2012, 02:45:18 PM »
You have to wake up every morning and declare war on OCD until it is in remission. It is just like having diabetes, high blood pressure, etc. You need to have a warrior mentality. Meds (if you don't mind taking them)  will arm you with strength to carry out your tactics (CBT, therapy, exercise)  to kick its ass. You have suffered long enough, it's time to bury this stuff for awhile.

I have been battling self harm OCD for seven months. Before that two bad bouts of health anxiety in my life that lasted about a year each. Yet, I'm happily married, successful and in great physical health for being 49 years old. Most people would kill to have my life. But OCD doesn't spare anybody that is prone to it.

PM me if you want to discuss further. Or have your husband PM me if he wants to hear how my wife deals with me.

Bookmark and Share

Offline beautifulmonster

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2012, 04:11:24 AM »
I Know exactly how you feel and im sorry you have suffered so much too !! it is like being at war !! thats so true and i know we can beat this as hard as it is. I also feel i have a great life, four wonderful kids and a caring husband he is actually my carer and had to give up his job . I feel sad this has happened but i dont know who else would of helped me and understand me the way he has done . I am very lucky to have him. thanks so much .
I will appreciate being able to pm you to discuss further and tell my husband too he will be very grateful and also please do the same . thanks .x.
Bookmark and Share

Offline sdjw37

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2012, 07:58:03 AM »
I know it is very hard. Like someone above said you have to declare war everyday on it. I hope you feel better soon. Remember you are not alone if that helps any.

good luck

sdjw
Bookmark and Share

Offline healyshouse

• Rec's: 3
  • Mood: Happy
    Happy
  • you cant control the future so dont try
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2012, 06:04:10 AM »
part of recovering is it coming back and i know it is not nice but we have to accept there is no mircale cure

take one day at a time, you will have few good then few bad. avaently with time you will have more good than bad untill you dont have any bad days

i had the same thoughs about hurting my family,

to be honest i still get the thoughts difference is its not 24/7 anymore

its how you react to the thought that gives it the power over you

i took a good hard look at myself and thought could i actualy see myself doing this?

and of cource the answer was NO!

so i bult it from there taking one day at a time,

it has been 10 months since this began for me and i feel much better now and not anxouis all the time.

again this is not going to go away over night it will take time so be patient and give your mind time to recover.

happy xmas to all
Bookmark and Share
" you will never get better until you stop trying to get better" By Paul David author of " at last a life"

Offline beautifulmonster

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2012, 07:16:18 AM »
thanks for all who replied !! this really is helping me be strong and get this sorted and back to dealing with this positively again. thanks .x.
Bookmark and Share

Offline EclecticJoe

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2012, 10:44:53 AM »
You need to change your name. You may be beautiful but you are far from a monster.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: