Chat Now!   Member Gallery   Anxiety Zone Wire   Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Pain in right arm at bend of elbow  (Read 5976 times)

Offline brittneya143

• Rec's: 2
  • Mood: Exhausted
    Exhausted
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Pain in right arm at bend of elbow
« on: November 27, 2012, 06:29:33 PM »
I just noticed this pain.... Out of no where! Of course now that I'm focusing on it and pressing it, I'm sure I'm making it worse :/ so the pain came out of no where, it's on the opposite side of my elbow, slightly below the bend in my arm. Kind of feels like a piercing throb. As I'm holding my phone typing this, my arm and hand feel somewhat numb. I haven't done anything strenuous or bent it the wrong way. Has anyone ever felt this kind of pain or know what it might be caused by? Please help, I'm really starting to freak out thinking its heart related (even though its my right arm) and I'm watching a friend of mines kids on top of having my own, so I can't run to the doctor (because that's what I want to go everytime I freak)
Bookmark and Share
Nothing in life is to be feared,
It is to only be understood.

Offline JunoX

• No One Rules If No One Obeys
  • Rec's: 17
  • Mood: Grumpy
    Grumpy
  • Where the mind goes, the body follows.
    • Poke This Member
Re: Pain in right arm at bend of elbow
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2012, 04:56:48 PM »
This could be a form of tennis elbow. The moment I read the title of this post, I kind of knew you were going to mention either holding a phone or tablet. I am getting this too because of holding my tablet. It came out of no where and its in the same exact area you are describing. It will get progressively worse if you don't stop doing the motion that is causing it. Mines got so bad that I had to wear an elbow brace for awhile. Now it s much better because I stopped holding my tablet. Stretch your elbow out during the day. This is caused by strain in the tendons of the elbow and it does not have to be from anything strenuous. It can be caused by the position of your wrist and arm.
Bookmark and Share
The woods are lovely, dark and deep. 
But I have promises to keep, 
And miles to go before I sleep, 
And miles to go before I sleep.
~Robert Frost

Offline NeverAgain1

• Rec's: 7
    • Poke This Member
Re: Pain in right arm at bend of elbow
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2012, 12:47:13 PM »
I just noticed this pain.... Out of no where! Of course now that I'm focusing on it and pressing it, I'm sure I'm making it worse :/ so the pain came out of no where, it's on the opposite side of my elbow, slightly below the bend in my arm. Kind of feels like a piercing throb. As I'm holding my phone typing this, my arm and hand feel somewhat numb. I haven't done anything strenuous or bent it the wrong way. Has anyone ever felt this kind of pain or know what it might be caused by? Please help, I'm really starting to freak out thinking its heart related (even though its my right arm) and I'm watching a friend of mines kids on top of having my own, so I can't run to the doctor (because that's what I want to go everytime I freak)

The best place to start to know why your elbow hurts is to understand that stress causes shoulder and back muscles to tighten, and it's all connected, including  to muscles in the arm, which reach to the hand and fingers etc..  You may not feel especially stressed, but unconscious mind is what activates non-exercise related muscle tension, so just try to accept that and really focus on the present matters and not "What if" this is something. Because it is not, unless you were karate kicked in the arm. 

You will be fine.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: