Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Difference between Spiritual events and Psychosis episodes?...  (Read 466 times)

Offline dutchmentalist

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Stressed
    Stressed
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Difference between Spiritual events and Psychosis episodes?...
« on: November 27, 2012, 10:00:49 AM »
Hi everyone, I think it may be my anxiety, but I am worried about a loved one who may be experiencing psychosis... The trouble is that a lot of what they experience resembles alot of what some may classify it as spritual events (ghosts and such)... The other problem is that those kinds of things are also experienced when someone goes through psychosis....

So I am wondering how to tell if what someone is experiencing is psychosis or if it is real and spiritual.... Or is the only way to tell to get medical, neurological, and psychological tests done to rule them out?

At the moment it is not something that is harmful physically but my loved one is terrified when they experience these things.... I don't want them terrified and they don't want to feel terrified. I also don't want them to feel crazy either... or feel offended if I suggest that this could be psychosis.... it is very real for them and I hope their is a way of reassurance.... Anyone else who has the same experiences could you please share? Maybe even share how you realized that it was psychosis?

Thanks everyone.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Cuchculan

• Rec's: 167
    • Poke This Member
Re: Difference between Spiritual events and Psychosis episodes?...
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2012, 06:36:49 AM »
What exactly are they claiming to see? Or is just noises? I would check out their background too. How long this has been going on for. As a person who can see and hear spirits has this gift all their lives. It wouldn't be something new to them. If was psychosis then it would be something that could just come on out of the blue. That to me would be the big difference. So ask a few questions about how long this has been happening. Did it happen to them as a child, etc, etc. You may get to the root of things in this way. Wish you the best of luck.
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue

Tags: