Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Anxiety Zone Wire    Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Fear of losing controll.. Help?  (Read 419 times)

Offline Chimchim33

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Fear of losing controll.. Help?
« on: November 26, 2012, 06:02:13 AM »
Hey everyone! My anxiety creeped one this morning. I've been doing pretty good controlling it until this morning. I woke up in the middle of the morning at like 5 caused stomach was acting up when I got back in bed. I just started thinking. And randomly my anxiety kicked in and I couldn't controll it. I just started having the fear of losing control of my actions or something. It scares me to death. Is this normal with gad? I feel like I'm goin crazy now. I started asking myself "what if I lose control?" "Am I crazy" stuff like that. I know that it's just my anxiety and intrusive thoughts but sometimes it's hard not to recognize that it's just anxiety. But as long as I can remember loseing control of my actions has always been my number one fear. Please read and get back with me. I would love some reassurance or advice before I get stuck in the vicious cycle of anxiety again. Thanks for reading!
Bookmark and Share

Offline Cuchculan

• Rec's: 161
    • Poke This Member
Re: Fear of losing controll.. Help?
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2012, 06:11:02 AM »
What you had was a setback. We all have them. It is all about how you react to these setbacks. You began to question things. I would have said ' I was doing so good up until now, and I know I can do so good again '. If you let it take over how you think and act it will swallow you up again. So try and be positive. Try and see how good you were doing before this happened. Once you beat anxiety once, you can beat it a million times over. Setbacks can happen to us all. When they do happen we can feel bad. Like we have let ourselves down. Because we had been doing so good. But remember, you can do just as good again. Just try and let it pass. It is just a minor blipp. Get back to where you were before this happened.
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue

Offline JunoX

• No One Rules If No One Obeys
  • Rec's: 17
  • Mood: Grumpy
    Grumpy
  • Where the mind goes, the body follows.
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2012, 07:38:09 PM »
I had also been doing good for awhile and have had several setbacks this past week. I've been feeling a little dizzy/lightheaded, a funny off kind of feeling, panicked over a mole yesterday, trouble sleeping and I'm focused on my vision again.

We all have setbacks. Remember, just because you do good for awhile, doesn't mean you won't stumble. This is a chronic illness that has no cure. A stumble is natural when you suffer from this. You just have to keep going.
Bookmark and Share
The woods are lovely, dark and deep. 
But I have promises to keep, 
And miles to go before I sleep, 
And miles to go before I sleep.
~Robert Frost

Offline EllaBates

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2012, 02:00:14 AM »
we all have setbacks or bumps along the way...
I know how you feel cause when my anxiety is high which is often my first symptom that comes back is "feeling of losing control" and "fear of going crazy".
Remember these are only symptoms. It's hard for us to believe cause our bodies are "ramped up" and it's a bit of an unknown thing... but they are thoughts. Only thoughts. Keep the thoughts you want and let go of the ones you don't like.
If I was to share to people with no anxiety some of the thoughts I get when I'm anxious I'm telling you they would think I was mad! Completely insane!
My psychologist laughs at this when I tell her, she always says to me it's just a symptom, people with anxiety don't lose control cause they are so in touch with themselves, they don't go mad cause it's only anxiety. You can't go from having GAD to be a mental case.  :winking0008:
Just the thought that you are afraid of losing control makes you sane. People that lose control in a bad way don't realize it.
So breathe, let the thought go or flow with it without giving it any attention cause it doesn't deserve you time.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Chimchim33

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2012, 04:16:05 AM »
Thank you so much everyone. Y'all help me so much. Ellabates you hit it dead on. I don't know what I would do with out y'all.
Bookmark and Share

Offline konwayeast

• Rec's: 5
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2012, 03:07:40 PM »
The funny thing is, it's the need for control that leads us to fear "losing control." Then we try so desperately to stay in control that we actually start feeling less and less in control...meaning, the best way to overcome the fear of losing control is to actually lose control...or at least give some of it up:)
Basically, trying to control your anxiety is counterproductive. You're better off doing the best you can to allow yourself to be anxious. Easier said than done, but I've read over and over and over again that with a little practice, it's very possible.
Couldn't agree more with everyone else though. Never let your guard down against anxiety. Never assume it will just one day leave you alone. It's going to try to keep coming after you...but once you have learn how it operates, it shouldn't be able to keep you down for long.
Bookmark and Share

Offline konwayeast

• Rec's: 5
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2012, 03:16:29 PM »
I should also mention, I also usually feel like once my anxiety starts, it feels like an out-of-control train...you have no idea where it will end, and the worries begin building upon worries about what might happen. Yet, the thing about this train, is that we are the ones driving it. If we just let our foot off the gas, the train will eventually slow down and we can hop off:)
Bookmark and Share

Tags: