Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Needing some support.  (Read 332 times)

Offline sadlonelymsjennifer

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Stressed
    Stressed
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Needing some support.
« on: November 24, 2012, 08:21:59 PM »
I have had to get 2 protective orders against my ex due to his abusive behavior.  Things were calm for a while, but he is pulling stunts again (what I call them) and, since I have full custody, I am taking my 2 kids and moving as far away as we can get.  I have talked to a lawyer about it, but not much since he wants to charge $1000 just to answer a couple questions.  I am talking to some domestic violence shelters and will be calling one Monday to see if I can move anonymously or if I have to let him know exactly where we are going and when.  This all started Thanksgiving Day (he tends to enjoy ruining holidays).  Since I have realized I have to move, my panic has come back full force and my throat has felt like it was closing since then.  I have a therapist I am going to ask about getting Xanax (the only anxiety med I can take with no side effects).  Until I can call her Monday, does anyone here have a homeopathic remedy for the throat closing symptom?  What is worse, my MR son, bless his heart, loves to rub the front of my neck (he gets it confused with the back).  I tell him I feel like I am choking and he stops, but I feel bad for him stopping because he just wants to help me relax.  Any advice?  TIA :(
Bookmark and Share

Offline Cuchculan

• Rec's: 167
    • Poke This Member
Re: Needing some support.
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2012, 06:41:17 AM »
I think just to recognise the actual fact that what you are having in one of the main symptoms of anxiety. As if the throat is closing. Or the old lump in the throat feeling. We have all been there before. I have no magic cures for it. Maybe some honey might help. In water. Just to soothe the area of your throat. But as it is a symptom of anxiety, it will always go away once we stop focusing on it. You are fully aware of it. So it is on your mind 100% of the time. Try take your mind off of it. As much distraction as possible. I hope everything works out well for you come the end of the day.
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue

Offline JustWant2bWell

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Cold
    Cold
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2012, 10:21:44 PM »
Did you find somethings that worked well for that particular symptom?  What worked best?
Bookmark and Share
"There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so."

Offline sillyava

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2012, 10:18:41 PM »
Hot drinks seemed to help me, like tea, or decaf coffee.  The warmness going down would relax the tense muscles.  I still get it now and again, but I am used to it.  It is just another strange anxiety symptom to overcome, good luck :)
Bookmark and Share

Tags: