Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Dec 2012  (Read 531 times)

Offline AMRELP2712

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Loved
    Loved
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Dec 2012
« on: November 19, 2012, 01:26:43 AM »
Anyone else on the back of thier minds a little freaked?!
Bookmark and Share

Offline jessica92

• Jessica
  • Mood: Okay
    Okay
    • Poke This Member
Re: Dec 2012
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2012, 02:45:58 AM »
No, not really. I used to be freaked out about the whole 2012 thing a few years ago, but I thought a lot about it, and feel fine about it now. I'll be with my boyfriend, so even if something were to happen, at least I would be with someone I love. :P In all seriousness though, nothing's going to happen. There have been SO many times when it was predicted that the world was going to end, and it did not. Don't worry. :) If you're really scared, find someone to be with that night. A significant other, a friend, or family member could help you feel better.
Bookmark and Share
"Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?"
- Albus Dumbledore

Offline sixpack

• no illogical conclusions please
  • Rec's: 214
  • Mood: Thoughtful
    Thoughtful
  • anxiety lies, don't listen
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2012, 07:04:57 AM »
nope, not one wit.

I fully expect that I will be celebrating Christmas with a house full of peeps just a few days after the DATE decided by a centuries dead culture signaling the end of days.  As far as I am concerned, it is just another one of those end of days prophecies that will come and go.
Bookmark and Share
MOST anxiety occurs on a subconscious level.  JUST because you don't feel consciously anxious or had a day or two of calm doesn't mean your mind & body are relaxed.  It can take months of reduced anxiety before a body goes back to a more non-reactive state

Offline sillyava

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2012, 09:58:40 PM »
I do worry about it.  In the back of my head like you.  I highly doubt anything will happen, but I still worry regardless.  I will be medicated that day, lol. 
Bookmark and Share

Offline WyattsMomma

• Rec's: 5
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2012, 11:49:23 PM »
Yes I always worry (not only about Dec 21st) but it happening at any time. God rapturing, nuclear warfare, etc.  Atleast if it ever were to happen I would be with my son and I believe we will go to heaven :)
Bookmark and Share

Offline Cuchculan

• Rec's: 167
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2012, 06:49:04 AM »
It is all a myth taken up the wrong way. You have to understand the Mayian calender system and how it works. The Mayians believed in what were known as cycles. Every so many hundred years one cycle would end. Another one would begin. This is exactly all this is. It would have been the end of the Mayian cycle. The problem was they didn't see anything on the stone they found to indicate the start of the next cycle. My own guess is simply that there is another stone out there somewhere. One they have not found yet. That continues the calender on. After all you can only fit so much on these stones. They are like big circles of stone. But they have had many endings and new beginings. I for one won't be worrying. How many ends of the world now is this? Look at us all. We are all still here.
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue

Offline insomnia

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2012, 05:56:46 AM »
i had like a major nervous breakdown for the Y2K thing ... so no, i'm not falling for that hype stuff anymore. 
Bookmark and Share

Offline BeeDot

• Rec's: 6
  • Mood: Thoughtful
    Thoughtful
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2012, 06:04:04 PM »
I know that it's not going to be the end of the world.   BUT my super anxious mind keeps a little worry alive in the back of my brain.  I don't really think that the Mayan's predicted the end, but I'm more afraid of some crazy group taking advantage of that and planning a major attack.  I'll be in London the 21st which would be a likely target and that definitely makes me nervous.  I sound crazy writing this  :P
Bookmark and Share
For peace of mind, resign as general manager of the universe.  -Author Unknown

Offline LindaRK

• Rec's: 35
  • Mood: Loved
    Loved
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2012, 08:52:22 PM »
I'm not really worried ...... these end days prophecies have been going on forever.  I remember growing up in Southern California and always hearing about the "big one" (earthquake) causing California to fall into the ocean.  Imagine telling that to a child year upon year .... ack.

Whatever happens we have no control over anyway and if it happens, we probably won't even realize it when it does.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: