Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: I am almost 100% cured from my anxiety & depression.  (Read 3337 times)

Offline SaxyManny

• Rec's: 2
  • Mood: Okay
    Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
I am almost 100% cured from my anxiety & depression.
« on: November 13, 2012, 10:08:32 PM »
Back in April I joined AnxietyZone and I am happy to say that I am almost cured.... This is for all you folks out there suffering: THERE IS HOPE! You WILL get through this. Along with talk therapy, exercise, medication, and exposure therapy I have made strides to getting my life back again. Treating anxiety is tricky because it's like playing "The Game" --- the moment you realize you are playing the game, you lose. Same thing goes for treating anxiety --- the moment you realize you are literally trying to treat your anxiety, you lose. So this is what I have to say: live your life, forget the 'feelings', stop looking up symptoms, trust your doctors, and breathe; you MUST do this to recover. It sounds crazy, I know, but you need to trust that you are fine and that there is nothing wrong with you. 

It's been almost a year now since I was first diagnosed with anxiety disorder & depression. It has been absolute hell through trial and error with medications, setbacks, and hopelessness. It dawned on me that anxiety isn't something you treat like heart disease, cancer, or diabetes. Those are diseases that are caused by actual organic problems. Anxiety is nothing --- it's just copious amounts of adrenaline, which is something you absolutely cannot live without (you see a hungry lion, you smile, and it eats you because you weren't scared).

If you feel you need medication, go for it! I know it has helped me and a lot of other people. I am currently taking 150 mg of Wellbutrin XL and 0.5 mg mg Ativan as needed. It will take time to find the right medication, and when you do find one that works, stick with it for 8-12 weeks for the side effects to go away. Do this with some talk therapy with friends, family, therapists, or even clergymen (if you are religious). Meditate, breathe, write down a list of things you are grateful for, eat healthy, don't oversleep, cut the caffeine, stop watching Dr. Oz, and drink plenty of water.

If you want someone to talk to, you can message me, and I will gladly help the best I can. I genuinely care for the AnxietyZone community and I wish you all the best!

Best Regards,
Manny
Bookmark and Share

Offline JustWant2bWell

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Cold
    Cold
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: I am almost 100% cured from my anxiety & depression.
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2012, 10:29:22 PM »
Haha, we have to agree to disagree with the Dr. Oz theory.  ...As opposed to Dr Phil aka Dr Pill?? Jk.  Being in healthcare from surgery, to ct, to pet scans, bone density studies, enemas, fluoroscopy, nuclear med, radiography, (trust me,the list goes) Dr Oz... he's pretty much right on the money when it comes to shows that aren't 'fillers.'  He knows his medical stuff imo.

Anyways I saw this, it had no responses, and I'm glad I did. 

Thanks for the encouragement and congrats on your recovery!

~Age quod agis
Bookmark and Share
"There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so."

Offline jessica92

• Jessica
  • Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Okay
    Okay
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2012, 12:23:01 AM »
Thank you for the encouragement. I understand what you're saying about treating anxiety being like playing The Game lol.
Bookmark and Share
"Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?"
- Albus Dumbledore

Offline cutecat25

• Rec's: 4
  • Mood: Indescribable
    Indescribable
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2012, 01:28:00 AM »
Thankyou for that post! I'm glad your doing well :)
I agree where you as anxiety isnt like physical illnesses.
Anxiety is a very difficult condition both to suffer and treat. No one can 'see' we have it unless we tell them.
It's impossible for anyone to understand what we are going trough unless they have been through it themselves.
That was very kind of you telling us, that you care for this community :)
Wish you well!
Cat
Bookmark and Share
Check out my Anxiety And Depression Youtube Channel:

http://youtu.be/yohg_juVlZg

Offline Lexiexoxo

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2012, 12:05:49 PM »
Thank you for your encouragement. It really gives me hope. Sometimes I feel as if my anxiety is something I will have to deal with forever. If you don't mind me asking, have you tried any vitamins or anything herbal that helped? I would love to know! Thanks.
Bookmark and Share

Offline KW034

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2013, 04:31:22 PM »
Thank you for sharing! It's very encouraging to hear others success stories.  Keep fighting the good fight!
Bookmark and Share

Offline weezer

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2013, 02:37:05 AM »
Thank you for your encouragement. It really gives me hope. Sometimes I feel as if my anxiety is something I will have to deal with forever. If you don't mind me asking, have you tried any vitamins or anything herbal that helped? I would love to know! Thanks.

I have been taking Busy Brain coenzymate vitamin B supplements everyday, and I have noticed results. You can get it on Amazon with free shipping, check it out!
Bookmark and Share

Offline it is well

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2013, 07:48:51 AM »
thank you, manny, for writing what i need to hear.

at one point in my life, i could have written this but now with the return of anxiety, i'm "losing" the game again.

it takes so much work to do this!

i will read this over and over:

"So this is what I have to say: live your life, forget the 'feelings', stop looking up symptoms, trust your doctors, and breathe; you MUST do this to recover. It sounds crazy, I know, but you need to trust that you are fine and that there is nothing wrong with you."

thank you for your encouragement!
Bookmark and Share

Offline angielee

• Mood: Content
    Content
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2013, 07:08:30 AM »
Woohoo great! I too have finally gotten over my 2 month looong terrible anxiety and panic episode! I agree it is something you must realise that you have control over! :happy0151: :action-smiley-065:
Bookmark and Share

Offline alicat22

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2013, 10:07:08 PM »
Great post. And yes, Dr. Oz is an alarmist and scares people for ratings. He had a show once on agoraphobia and instead of doing it with compassion, he portrayed the woman at crazy person. Not a fan.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Smalm

• Live everyday like it's your last for one day will be your last!
  • Rec's: 5
  • Mood: Happy
    Happy
  • treatment in progress, better life, no HA!
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2013, 07:35:49 PM »
Wish the best of to you, I do beleive like you said that there is hope. I'm nearly free of anxiety myself and I love all the stuff I can do in my life now without the anxiety. The only differance is that I'm not on drugs, therapy, or anything else. I found a way that's free (dosen't cost money... well will not for a LONG time, tea) and just having general knowledge about my symptoms and that they're not caused by something bad.
Bookmark and Share
On medication, which is doing great! I love the major improvements it has made for me and he people around me for when I have anxiety I make others suffer, but not anymore!

Tags: