Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: sticky skin?  (Read 305 times)

Offline on_the_edge

• Rec's: 0
    • Poke This Member
sticky skin?
« on: October 28, 2012, 09:52:09 PM »
For the past month, I've had a very weird symptom--my skin is sticky. It feels like I have honey or something stuck to me, especially my fingers, no matter how hard I scrub my skin clean. Weirdly, it's worse right after showering or washing my hands when my skin is damp--when it dries, it's much less noticeable. I can find very little on the internet about it; very few people seem to experience this. There is a disease called "adherent skin syndrome" or something, but it's extremely rare. I'm wondering if it could be psychosomatic, but of course I'm freaking out that there's mold in my house or I have some terrible rare disease. I found a few google hits that said it could be a symptom of diabetes, so I'm also worried about that.

Has anyone else ever experienced this?! I've had a lot of weird symptoms in my life, but this is one of the weirdest.
Bookmark and Share

Offline A Jeff

• Just Joined!
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: sticky skin?
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2013, 10:49:10 PM »
I have got it. But mine first occurred when I touched a damp towel that had been in the trunk of my car. The car was new, and this stickiess was glue... But no matter what I seemed to do, I couldn't wash it off. And washing seemed to make it worse sometimes.

One explanation is that when you scrub so hard, you are removing an outer layer of skin. Just under this layer would be a layer that the other previously "stuck" to.

I imagine this fluid might be carried with sweat, with certain anxiety. It could be a multi-factored thing.

If you ever got a scrape, you might remember the stickiness.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Kismetics

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: sticky skin?
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2014, 05:53:40 PM »
This is my first post, I guess. I found the link searching for "sticky skin" and coincidentally have an anxiety disorder as well. So I decided to join.
In any case, this just started for me today, and I've been looking online about all sorts of things like illnesses, mold, yadda yadda and it's been scaring the crap out of me. Yikes.

WHAT IS THIS?
Bookmark and Share

Tags: