Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: I feel helpless and lost anxiety has taken away my life! Can anyone help me?  (Read 476 times)

Offline Fighter14

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Hello everyone I wanted to write today just to say how I feel so terrible right now my mind is constantly giving me something to worry about and it just won't stop! I am seeing a therapist and even a hypnotherapist but no results or relief has come to me. I know this stuff takes time but it's been three months I've been seeing my therapist but I mostly just talk to her about my week and she only keeps suggesting I see a psychiatrist I don't want to because I don't want to rely on meds as a way to solve this and I'm terrified of the side effects that come with meds. I'm horrified of feeling full or nauseous and I don't like getting dry mouth and those are some of the side effects. Also I've read side effects can be just as bad as the anxiety itself and i don't want to get worse with meds that are supposed to "help me". But at the same time I can't pull myself out of this rut I'm in and feel so helpless and depressed right now I feel I have tried everything but this so I don't know what to do can anyone give any advice on what to do about this? I've lost a ton of weight I now weigh 86 pounds! This is because I have this terrible feeling I'm going to gag or throw up and I give in to it and either won't eat at all or I won't eat as much so this is a huge problem. I had to drop out of college because I felt so overwhelmed from my anxiety and I felt like my head was going to explode I just felt a lot of pressure in my head and I refuse to go anywhere or do anything I just feel like my life is gone and I rarely feel happy at all if I do it's only for a few hours. I feel safe and better when I'm asleep but I hate waking up to another day knowing I'll have to deal with either the same thing or a new fear and I just don't find life enjoyable right now.
Bookmark and Share

Offline kconnors

• Rec's: 57
  • Mood: Calm
    Calm
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Hi,

I am so sorry that the therapy is not giving you positive returns. I think that I may have suggested this once before, but it may be time for you to either admit yourself or getting a referral from your medical doctor to enter an in patient hospital program for eating disorders. Yes, the process does take time but it seems to me that you need some intensive high level intervention that is usually only available through an in patient program. I do not know where you live but I did a quick search of the web and came up with a possible resource at http://www.allianceforeatingdisorders.com/Treatment-Centers and you may want to connect with the National Eating Disorders Association at http://www.nationaleatingdisorders.org/ and they have a help line at  M-F 9:00-5:00 EST. Please call us at 800-931-2237.  I am not a professional and I have absolutely no connection with either of these two sites but it may be worth trying to find an appropriate program. I know that this may seem like an odd suggestion, but I do sense your desperation . . . have you considered contacting Dr. Phil? The only reason why I say this is (and it is an exchange) guests who have such strong and compelling issues such as yours are often offered free in patient treatment. Your specific condition, although unique to you, is actually quite widespread in one form or another especially, it seems, among young people.

I am so sorry that I cannot give you more concrete solutions . . . please keep in touch even if it is just to tell us how terrible you feel . . . even though we do not "know" you, we do know you and we really are concerned for you . . .take care, KC

Bookmark and Share

Tags: