Chat Now!   Member Gallery   Anxiety Zone Wire   Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Hard, swollen lymph node  (Read 3931 times)

Offline v12alp

• Rec's: 3
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Hard, swollen lymph node
« Reply #60 on: July 10, 2013, 12:13:28 AM »
God bless you, man. You will make full recovery, they caught it early. They have excellent combination of chemotherapeutic drugs that H. Lymphoma is responsive to. Thank you for being humble, candid, and sharing your experience. Please continue to carry positive attitude and outlook.
Bookmark and Share

Offline bella1986

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Scared
    Scared
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #61 on: July 11, 2013, 10:33:45 AM »
daquanqm how are you feeling since your first chemo session? Tired I bet.
Bookmark and Share

Offline daquanqm

• Mood: Calm
    Calm
  • Something horrible might happen!!
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #62 on: July 11, 2013, 11:54:36 AM »
A little more tired than usual, but so far I'm wondering what all the fuss is about. All I had to do was sit in a comfortable chair for 3 hours while some IV dripped into me and then I went home.

I went to work today, like normal, and frankly there are no major noticeable side effects that you see in the movies. I don't even feel remotely nauseated which is a far cry from people throwing up in the movies!
Bookmark and Share

Offline bella1986

Scared
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #63 on: July 11, 2013, 12:14:24 PM »
Good!! Glad you're feeling ok so far! I know there are different types and strengths of chemo too. I'm sure
Most of the horror stories are the strongest dose. Any medication has some side effects, heck even Tylenol does lol. My dad was on chemo for 3 months and all he felt was tired. He's been bald his entire adulthood so losing the hair wants a big deal :-) how long will chemo last for you?
Bookmark and Share

Offline limitless10

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #64 on: July 11, 2013, 01:26:22 PM »
This has realy helped me a lot. I am praying for you. I think I may have found a node around my collar bone but idk. If it is something bad I'll just fight it and move on. Gotta start living my life.
Bookmark and Share

Offline daquanqm

Calm
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #65 on: July 11, 2013, 04:14:27 PM »
Good for you, don't forget to live your life indeed!  :yes:

Good!! Glad you're feeling ok so far! I know there are different types and strengths of chemo too. I'm sure
Most of the horror stories are the strongest dose. Any medication has some side effects, heck even Tylenol does lol. My dad was on chemo for 3 months and all he felt was tired. He's been bald his entire adulthood so losing the hair wants a big deal :-) how long will chemo last for you?

Chemo is supposed to last until November and it'll be followed by radiation therapy. Like your dad, I've been bald for a while so the losing hair won't even be very noticeable haha!
Bookmark and Share

Offline bella1986

Scared
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #66 on: July 11, 2013, 04:37:01 PM »
Hey Vin Disel is bald and he's very handsome... The Rock too.... So my point is, nothing wrong with being bald.  :winking0008: Hey might even be nico to not have to worry about shaving all the time huh? 4 months is not bad at all.... and will be very much worth it in the end!
Bookmark and Share

Offline yahoo2000

Scared
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #67 on: July 11, 2013, 07:40:42 PM »
A little more tired than usual, but so far I'm wondering what all the fuss is about. All I had to do was sit in a comfortable chair for 3 hours while some IV dripped into me and then I went home.

I went to work today, like normal, and frankly there are no major noticeable side effects that you see in the movies. I don't even feel remotely nauseated which is a far cry from people throwing up in the movies!

Since you're out there in Holland would you consider marijuana if you started experiencing side effects from chemo?
Bookmark and Share

Offline daquanqm

Calm
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #68 on: July 12, 2013, 02:34:17 PM »
Since you're out there in Holland would you consider marijuana if you started experiencing side effects from chemo?

It's an option. We'd have to weigh it against other painkillers or medication for pros and cons etc. That's something I would be able to talk about with my doctor, thankfully.
Bookmark and Share

Offline mollyfin

• Rec's: 28
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #69 on: July 12, 2013, 08:18:41 PM »
I've heard that it's absolutely the best for controlling pain and nausea in a number of situations.  It was the first thing I asked my dad about when he was diagnosed with his cancer, but it's not legal where we live...darn ;)  :laugh3:
Bookmark and Share

Offline daquanqm

Calm
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #70 on: December 13, 2013, 02:57:49 AM »
I've been wondering if I should post here. On the one hand, I wanted to post the rest of my story and give this thread a satisfactory ending for those who find it later. On the other hand... I don't want to fuel anyone's anxiety.

The first argument won.

So, after having been diagnosed with Hodgkin's lymphoma back in June 2013, I am now in complete remission!

It's been tough (four months of chemo and one month of radiation therapy is no breeze), but it's also been enlightening. I decided to embrace my journey from the start and having read countless of studies and having asked thousands of questions about how stuff works, I'm now basically an expert.

I've come away from all of this with two important pieces of knowledge that I want to share with all of you:

1) Modern medical science is a marvel and progress is incredibly fast. Most of the stuff that I underwent (from scans to tests to treatment) didn't even exist a mere 10 years ago! I had, at one point, a 3D map of my body where all the cancer cells were lit up and mapped. It's nothing short of amazing.

2) Trust your doctors. I'm a scholar, I know how to study. And I studied. As I said: I embraced my condition and hit the library hard. But no matter how much I read and learned, my doctors were still able to share new information with me at every single visit. They're in the know, people. Much more than you or me. So when they tell you something: listen.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I have a holiday season with my loved ones to plan. Hopefully one of many more to come in the future. :happy0062:

:ctree3:
Bookmark and Share

Offline bella1986

Scared
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #71 on: December 13, 2013, 01:53:17 PM »
 :happy0151: I have been very successful in controlling my HA... so I never really come on this board anymore.  I did, however periodically come on to check on a few people I remembered and you are definitely one of them.  I am very happy to hear you are in remission! I have known quite a few people who have had cancer... and the few who actually survive, and are able to go into remission are the ones who warm my heart and give hope to the world. God Bless you! Go on with your life now, enjoy every day (I'm sure you already do) You made it... you SURVIVED cancer!  :action-smiley-065:
Bookmark and Share

Offline hamsterswheel

• Rec's: 7
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #72 on: December 13, 2013, 03:32:01 PM »
Fantastic!

You go and have a ball! Thank you for letting us know how you are!
Bookmark and Share

Tags: lymph clavicle tumor