Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: grateful for this site  (Read 239 times)

Offline tulip2005

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
grateful for this site
« on: October 15, 2012, 09:01:29 AM »
Thank you for this board, thank you so much. Last night I was googling colon cancer in 37 years olds and so many things came up that confirmed my fears of colon cancer. My stomach has been hurting so much since then. This morning I came to this board and did a search for colon cancer and I am feeling better (still have colon cancer in my head but calming down). I am very thankful for this board and everyone on it. It is nice to read peoples reassurances from other posts. So for today, I am going to try and stay off google and just come here if I have to look things up.
Bookmark and Share

Offline wegngis

• Rec's: 17
  • Mood: Exhausted
    Exhausted
  • Personal Text
    • Poke This Member
Re: grateful for this site
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2012, 10:37:25 AM »
Google is evil.  It never seems to help anyone, only harm.
Bookmark and Share
MOST anxiety happens at the subconscious level.  JUST because you don't feel consciously anxious or had a day or two of calm doesn't mean your mind & body are relaxed.  It can take months of reduced anxiety before a body goes back to a more non-reactive state.  - AnxietyZone member Sixpack

Offline MissSteele

• Rec's: 4
  • Mood: Loved
    Loved
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2014, 03:22:45 PM »
Yes, stay away from Google. That was one thing I had to learn the hard way. Every little ache, every little pain, every little twitch I had, I would Google it and sure enough it would seem to confirm my worst fears. I thought for sure I had MS, ALS, all sorts of cancers, you name it. It turns out, I was fine. It really was all in my head. Many people do not realize that anxiety can wreak havoc on you body and make you feel sick even when you are not. My anxiety was so bad, my legs would go numb, I was constantly twitching, I was having unbelievable stomach issues, my heart was going crazy, I was having debilitating body aches so bad I couldn't get out of bed. It was awful, and I was sure I was dying. I just knew something was terribly wrong with me. Each morning when I woke up, I would cry from pure anxiety. I would have to try and soothe myself just to function. I felt like I was going crazy and I didn't know what to do. I thought I had lost myself and I would never get back to normal. I went to a doctor who ran a few tests on me. She told me I had tremendous anxiety and put me on medication for it. Lexapro, to be exact. She said it would help to prevent my anxiety from running rampid. It did. It has made a HUGE difference for me. Although, I have not relied on medication alone. I also went to a few therapy sessions to help work through my overwhelming feelings of anxiety, and she helped me deal with my hypochondria. I also developed several hobbies that keep me busy and I NEVER GOOGLE ANY SYMPTOMS :angry-smiley-034:! No good can come from it. All it does it worry me, and that's something I don't need. I feel great now, it's been going on almost a year since my worst anxiety attacks ceased. I can still feel anxious from time to time, but those momentary feelings are a picnic compared to what I went through before!
Bookmark and Share

Offline BrookeAshley1

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Thoughtful
    Thoughtful
  • I may not know where I'm going but I'm on my way.
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2014, 03:59:28 PM »
Google is never our friend. Remember that google can NOT diagnose you. I can't name the number of times that google told me something horrific, I would panic, and then it never happened. Google is not a doctor. Always trust your TRUE doctor :)

I am glad the site was here for you and yes, come here when you're feeling anxious and no more googling!! :)
Bookmark and Share
Giving up is always an option, but it is never my choice.

Tags: