Chat Now!   Member Gallery   Anxiety Zone Wire   Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Day One-Lamictal, Lexapro Cocktail-For horrible OCD, anxiety and depression  (Read 2375 times)

Offline EclecticJoe

• Rec's: 4
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
After a failed experiment with Adderral and Topamax (to the point of the lowest mood of my life), starting with Lamictal and Lexapro yesterday. I took Lex for a long time, then switched, now trying to get back to a happy place with it.

First night of 25 mg of Lamictal I felt a mood lift. Only on 5 mg of Lex for a week so should be able to handle that okay. I also have some Xanax to take as needed.

I don't know if it was the Topamax or what but I never felt worse the last four days. I prayed and cried a lot.
Bookmark and Share

Offline spitfireatme

• Rec's: 12
    • Poke This Member
Re: Day One-Lamictal, Lexapro Cocktail-For horrible OCD, anxiety and depression
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2012, 07:49:51 PM »
PRAYING GOOD!

I feel the Big Pharma is "preying" upon those who are "mentally ill". This is hard for me to judge, but I believe most mental illness to be rooted in pretty strict physical or mental causes. For example, I have had bad romantic relationships, which has caused depressive feelings in me. And starting up good relationships "cured" depression.

Instead of taking drugs, I wish people would just work hard to fix those causes. Like, I have check-listed all kinds of healthy behaviors myself that I need to do, and THEN if I STILL feel mentally unstable, maybe I need help. BUT I realize that once I do those things that I feel better.

For instance, in college I started having panic attacks. This was invariably due to a lifestyle change - I was exercising less and sitting in class and studying more. When I started to exercise more again, I felt much better. The more I would research about the toxic stuff we put in our bodies and the more I would push it aside, the better I would feel.

For example - omega 3 fatty acid consumption - has been shown to significantly boost mood. I wonder how a bunch of mentally ill people would be if they started taking more omega 3's? +herbal supplements and all of that. I've been personally more interested in trying that than going on pharmaceuticals.

The problem though is: how "bad" is my anxiety/depression? Do you all have it "worse" than I do? I don't think so, but I can't be for sure. I think that if one researches a ton of health ideas and implements them, and has the desire and free will choices to overcome these mental ills, they can do it - especially if you pinpoint the exact problems.

For me it's all been simply boiled down: I just want to boost my income and hedge off financial concerns, and maybe find a relationship (or make peace with being alone - sometimes relationships can be MORE stressful, for sure!). And to also stay religiously pure - sin makes my emotions go wild. Now, how many people have mastered their needs? And, if they mastered their needs, would they be "mentally ill"? Ponder this, and think about what you're willing to do to become AWESOME. Maybe being mentally happy is just a little outside of your reach, and you just need to JUMP to grab the apple off the tree!

Cheers,
-PJ!
Bookmark and Share
PaulHakel.info
loveGodwithallyourheart.com

Offline EclecticJoe

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2012, 12:46:20 PM »
Day Three-Feel like all my thoughts are blocked, good, bad or indifferent. Is that the Lamictal or Lex?

Depression and mood lifting somewhat. Feel a little jittery and nervous. A little medicated but not bad.

Had some weird shaking in my sleep last night. May be Lamictal side effect or Remeron getting out of my system.

If the 25 mg Lamictal/5 mg Lex feels this strong, I wonder what it will feel like when I go up.

Bookmark and Share

Offline EclecticJoe

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2012, 10:41:46 AM »
Day 6-Dark thoughts, hopelessness seems to be lifting. Occasionally get them but they seem to go away fast. Concentration on daily tasks seems to be better.

Anxiety a little higher, especially after Lamictal dose at night. Will I get used to that or will it get worse going up?

Intrusive thoughts (OCD related) seem worse in the mornings.

I just want my old self back.

Bookmark and Share

Offline EclecticJoe

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2012, 01:32:02 PM »
Day Seven-Morning anxiety, doom and gloom better than it has been in a month.

Up to 10 mg Lexapro. Something seems to be working, not sure if it Lamictal or Lexapro.

Still a shadow of my former self, but the pit of the earth feeling has left the building for now.

Last night I actually caught myself laughing with an old buddy.

Bookmark and Share

Offline EclecticJoe

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2012, 11:28:09 AM »
Day 10- Doom and gloom in the morning returned, intrusive dark thoughts hit me upon wakening, makes them harder to fight off, seem more real. I just want my old self back. I thought sleeping in would help, but it doesnt.

Last night I felt great. Enjoying life, OCD in complete check.

I think Lamictal may be working, supposed to go up to 50 mg next week.

Lexapro lets me concentrate more, but I think it is making OCD worse for now.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Bookmark and Share

Offline CheshireCat1

• CheshireCat
  • Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Stressed
    Stressed
  • One Serious WorryWart
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2012, 05:28:42 PM »
Why were you on Topamax?  I heard Topamax is good for migraine.
Bookmark and Share

Offline EclecticJoe

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2012, 05:48:38 PM »
Mood stability and anxiety, but it didn't do a thing. The first time I took Lamictal I felt a little mood lift.

Bookmark and Share

Offline EclecticJoe

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Day 14-Starting on 50 mg Lamictal today

Anxiety high in mornings, intrusive thoughts worse for some reason (doing the acceptance thing)

Lexapro at 10 mg holding steady

Mood more stable, less ups and downs

Bookmark and Share

Offline EclecticJoe

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Went on 50 mg Lamictal yesterday. Feel more focused, even less depressed today, but not myself yet. Didn't sleep good last night.
Bookmark and Share

Offline EclecticJoe

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2012, 10:32:35 AM »
Holding tight at Lexapro 10 mg and Lamictal 100 mg along with Xanax .50 1-2 times per day if needed.

OCD is completely gone some days along with intrusive thoughts and other days I have multiple spikes. Anxiety high some days too.

May need to bump up either the Lexapro or Lamictal. I will wait until the 12 week point after I talk to my provider.

Any thoughts?
Bookmark and Share

Tags: