Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Red/purple spots under skin  (Read 18611 times)

Offline sanderella

• Rec's: 0
  • Trying to work out who I am
    • Poke This Member
Red/purple spots under skin
« on: October 20, 2007, 08:08:48 AM »
Please, look at the attached photo and let me know if you've had anything that looked like this.

I have had these before but not so many at once. They tend to occur where I have had itchy skin (for no apparent reason) and been scratching it. They usually fade within a week or so.

I am really worried what they could be. Petechiae? Purpura? I don't want to ruin the weekend worrying... I thought I wasn't doing that any more.
Bookmark and Share
A sanderella is a mythical creature in Algerian folklore, similar to a mermaid. It is used as a cute nickname.

Offline footprints

• Poke This Member
Re: Red/purple spots under skin
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2007, 10:17:36 AM »
I have had it before.  I notice that they happen to me when I scratch an area too much.. When I stop scratching they go away after some time.
Bookmark and Share
The Lord replied, "My precious child. I love you and I would never leave you. During your times of trial and suffering
when you saw only one set of footprints... That was when I carried you."

Offline miika

• Rec's: 10
  • Mood: Exhausted
    Exhausted
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2007, 12:42:27 PM »
I remember I noticed the same once, Of course I freaked out too, haha. If you scratch, that`s how your skin looks like after. I was freaking out because I had(still have) all over these tiny red spots under my skin. I even told to a doctor about it, and he just laughed at me. lol. He said everybody has those spots, and that`s normal.

relax. Does not look bad at all.
Bookmark and Share

Offline feliciarose

• Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2007, 03:34:52 AM »
I get the same exact thing, when itching my skin through my pants too much. You break the blood vessels from itching too hard. I've actually broken the blood vessels and obviously itched so hard i bruised haha
Bookmark and Share

Offline sanderella

• Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2007, 06:22:57 AM »
Thanks, it's so much relief to hear other people have the same thing! It's definitely related to the scratching then.

Why is that when you type these things into google, you only get nasty things? Why does it not say anywhere on the web that these are commonly caused by scratching?? I guess this is why the web is such a goldmine for hypochondriacs and I should know better than to google... from now on, this forum is my first port of call.
Bookmark and Share
A sanderella is a mythical creature in Algerian folklore, similar to a mermaid. It is used as a cute nickname.

Offline sanderella

• Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2007, 01:27:45 PM »
I've now got a couple of small bruises too. Is that still normal??? I didn't even think I was scratching that much. I'm worried about leukemia.
Bookmark and Share

Offline feliciarose

• Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2007, 06:29:35 AM »
Well, honestly when you've got an itch you really can't tell how hard you are itching because it feels so darn good. haha and please remember, i've gotten bruises from it so many times. you are fine. I guess really the only way to find out for sure you are 100% ok, is to see a docter about it.
Bookmark and Share

Offline sanderella

• Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2007, 06:05:23 PM »
Thanks feliciarose, it's good to hear that it's probably nothing, although it's only been happening with me for a couple of months or so, so obviously any new thing is alarming... I guess I will add it to my "list" for the next time I see my GP.  :spineyes:
Bookmark and Share

Offline feliciarose

• Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2007, 09:36:48 PM »
If you really think about it, most of the time we don't even realize little things like that. It seems only when I am in constant worry is when the little stuff gets to me. Funny how things work eh? You will be fine, especially after your docter tells you. :]
Bookmark and Share

Offline miika

• Rec's: 10
  • Mood: Exhausted
    Exhausted
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2007, 05:36:37 AM »
Because I just had my mole worry, I noticed a lots of weird looking stuff on my skin. "Normal" people would not even notice stuff like these...
Bookmark and Share

Tags: