Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Has anyone recovered from depersonalisation?  (Read 2065 times)

Offline niiaba

• Just Joined!
  • Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Has anyone recovered from depersonalisation?
« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2012, 05:29:19 AM »
Yes, I am confident you will. In every time I have had anxiety, or things related to anxiety, it didnt start to go away until I stopped focusing on it. No, that is not easy. But, I had to switch my easy, dominant, destructive thinking, which was "I will never get better, I will be like this forever" to, "I am getting a little better every day, and soon it will be gone." When I started to tell myself the latter, I started to feel better. Instead of looking at how I am possibly getting worse every day, I found something that was better everyday, and tried to ignore what seemed worse. I had depersonalization about two months ago. I felt myself was not even in my body and that I was floating above my head. Most days if I sat without moving, I stopped being able to feel in my arms and legs, and even face, so I developed a habit of constantly moving around to remind myself that I was alive. So, one day I told myself, this is all mental. Which it is. You CAN fight it. It takes time, and effort. But each day, instead of feeling sad, I tried to do things that made me laugh. I had my friend come over and spend the night with me to keep my mind preoccupied. I went out and did things even though I still had left over feelings of anxiety. All these things helped me to get over it. When you tell yourself, "I cannot do this or this because my anxiety..." Your anxiety is winning the battle. Dont let it do that. Fight back. Every time the thought came to my mind, I slapped it away. When I became over focused on what was wrong with me, I slapped it away. Keep yourself occupied and with good friends and people. Dont let it take over your life! :bigsmile:
Bookmark and Share

Offline cutecat25

• Rec's: 4
  • Mood: Indescribable
    Indescribable
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #16 on: September 21, 2012, 06:02:29 PM »
Thanks everyone, sometimes the dp/dr is worse than other times, your answers give me hope! :) xx
Bookmark and Share
Check out my Anxiety And Depression Youtube Channel:

http://youtu.be/yohg_juVlZg

Offline Oneiros

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Drunk
    Drunk
  • Hi
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #17 on: September 21, 2012, 06:50:33 PM »
Yes you can recover from it. Mine went away once my anxiety subsided and I started to heal from the pain... Once I left "survival mode" behind and stopped being afraid, and started to open up emotionally to the people who care about me.

Try not to stress about it because that just makes things worse and keeps the cycle going... Give yourself some time to get better, it won't happen overnight. Hope that helps. :)
Bookmark and Share
"Those who dance are thought to be insane by those who cannot hear the music." - Nietzsche

Offline cutecat25

Indescribable
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #18 on: October 27, 2012, 02:18:09 AM »
I still get it, some times worse then others.
Its been over 7 months, is this normal, how long did you guys have it for? x
Bookmark and Share

Offline cutecat25

Indescribable
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #19 on: January 17, 2013, 04:02:47 AM »
Hey, my main worry is that i am having it longer than anyone else. it's almost been a year. some days i feel physically unreal but most of the time its existental thoughts about reality etc.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: