Member Gallery    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Dealing with constant unsteadiness?  (Read 2742 times)

Offline evwifey

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Dealing with constant unsteadiness?
« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2012, 09:31:15 PM »
yes, i have noticed hard surfaces are worse than soft.  i haven't been to an ENT yet but thinking about it.  there is another website called *****.com which lists a ton of symptoms which i seem to have, but i keep thinking it is something worse.  i just really want to go back to normal.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Baldrick

• Mood: Scared
    Scared
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2012, 02:56:42 PM »
Right now my head feels kinda wobbly.  Not fun.
Bookmark and Share

Offline LifeLongSufferer

• Poke This Member
« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2012, 09:21:20 AM »
Ive had this for many years but especially when standing still in an open area, most likely my agoraphobia.

I find that the parquet and laminate flooring makes me feel worse and carpet i much better, I think mainly because I worry about falling over when I feel like this and bumping my head on hard flooring whereas carpeted would be soft if I fell over due to losing balance and often holding onto something doesn't even help, I sometimes have this at home too If I am still anxious but it usually dispates at home, what situations do you find it is worse in????????

This and the derealization are the worst symptoms IMO at least you know you are definitely not alone with it!
Bookmark and Share
**left the forum

Offline Rocker77

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2012, 09:45:09 AM »
Ive had this for many years but especially when standing still in an open area, most likely my agoraphobia.

I find that the parquet and laminate flooring makes me feel worse and carpet i much better, I think mainly because I worry about falling over when I feel like this and bumping my head on hard flooring whereas carpeted would be soft if I fell over due to losing balance and often holding onto something doesn't even help, I sometimes have this at home too If I am still anxious but it usually dispates at home, what situations do you find it is worse in????????

This and the derealization are the worst symptoms IMO at least you know you are definitely not alone with it!

hiya

I feel my symptoms worse when on solid surfaces, pavement, road and when standing still much worse than when walking. I also feel better when on carpet or on grass surfaces funnily enough. Its strange because we should be able to balance more easily on solid flat surfaces then uneven surfaces.

It also feels like objects around me are slightly moving / swaying during the times im stood still.

I feel pretty much normal when in motion, ie. cycling, in car, train, plane etc... but standing still i feel so symptomatic its horrid!

I am currently being treated for MAV, but 5 weeks in with the medication and no improvements as yet
Bookmark and Share

Offline evwifey

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2012, 12:54:43 PM »
me too rocker. today is a bad day for me.  some days are good, some are bad.  i don't know if the sensations are worse on days like these or i just have a hard time dealing with them on days like these.  i wanted to ask, when you wake up in the morning, do you notice it immediately?  i am great when laying down or sleeping, and even when i get up in the morning it takes a while for the sensations to start.  i have A LOT of neck tension and head tension.  my head is so tense in the back that it feels like the muscles have turned into rock.  this problem started at the same time the off-balance crap did.  do you feel anything like that?  i too have the sensation that things are moving slightly around me.  this freaks me out the most out of everything.  i don't have migraines, i occasionally get auras but no actual migraine pain, so in my case it's not that.  dealing with this on a daily basis is really starting to get to me.  i acutally thought it might be going away until the middle of june it seemed to come back full force and i did NOTHING different. 
Bookmark and Share

Offline firebird3428

• Rec's: 1
  • I will overcome this some day!
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2012, 12:59:04 PM »
This was in essence my first symptom I started experiencing when I started becoming my health anxious. It was really frightening, and I felt the same sensations as you do now. I went to my GP twice, and ENT twice, a neurologist, an eye doctor, and an endocronologist and everything was clear. It's anxiety trust me. I still get the sensation occasionally but definitely not as much as I used to. It used to drive me absolutely crazy but it was only anxiety, because once I started focusing on a new symptom the sensation went away.
Bookmark and Share
Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.
-Benjamin Franklin

Offline evwifey

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2012, 01:35:39 PM »
hi sunflower.  i have another question for you.  did you travel before being diagnosed with mdds?  i didn't do any traveling beforehand, just wondering if you had.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Rocker77

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #17 on: August 19, 2012, 02:46:43 PM »
This was in essence my first symptom I started experiencing when I started becoming my health anxious. It was really frightening, and I felt the same sensations as you do now. I went to my GP twice, and ENT twice, a neurologist, an eye doctor, and an endocronologist and everything was clear. It's anxiety trust me. I still get the sensation occasionally but definitely not as much as I used to. It used to drive me absolutely crazy but it was only anxiety, because once I started focusing on a new symptom the sensation went away.

Hi Firebird,

The only thing is that I am not anxious about my health. I am anxious about constantly feeling unbalanced and unsteady etc... I believe that if I did not have the dizziness then I also wouldnt have the anxiety
Bookmark and Share

Offline valleyplayer42

• Rec's: 5
  • Mood: Stressed
    Stressed
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #18 on: May 26, 2014, 12:38:45 PM »
Wow the first and 2nd posts on this forum are me to a T. The unsteadiness off balance sometimes more stronger and severe than other days, brain fog, heavy headed is ME and like those two persons, it has started after a stressful event. (Mine was splitting up with a girlfreind of living together for 2 years, being depressed, then 3 days prior to this unsteadiness starting, i had to move my ex from the apartment to her new apartment and give her my dog. Been most stressful time of my life. Maybe its the same thing. I wonder if they ever figured out what it was.
Bookmark and Share

Tags:

anything