Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Fluttering Heart in the Morning? :(  (Read 1422 times)

Offline skyisblue

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Fluttering Heart in the Morning? :(
« on: June 11, 2012, 06:46:18 PM »
My god. I never thought I'd get this.

I've noticed this just recently. Whenever I get out bed or 5 mins into after getting out of bed, there are days that I can feel my heart beats faster.

The fast heartbeat usually lasts for about 5-10 seconds and becomes normal again. I don't get this all the time, but it is really making me worry!

I don't think I get this at any other time of the day, just when I get out of bed in the morning or something like that.   :dazed:

I've been a sufferer of stomach acid for about 8 months but I don't know if that is a factor. There are mornings when I feel that my stomach is full of acid because I keep on burping.

I'm 21 years old and I feel like I have something wrong with my heart  :traurig001:
Bookmark and Share

Offline CrazyRNstudent

• Mood: Stressed
    Stressed
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Fluttering Heart in the Morning? :(
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2012, 06:50:48 PM »
Sounds like stress. A friend of mine has a heart flutter and went to the doctor in a bit of a panic as well and it was determined it was due to stress and anxiety (we're nursing students, the stress and anxiety from that alone can make a person feel crazy). It probably happens more often in the morning because that's when anxiety peaks (morning and night) thanks to the hormones responsible for your fight-or-flight response.

I wouldn't worry too much. Maybe mention it to your doctor casually at your next appointment, but I wouldn't rush right in or make an appointment for this.

Feel Better!!
Bookmark and Share

Offline skyisblue

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2012, 06:54:29 PM »
Thanks, RN.

The funny thing is, I don't feel anxious or stressed out.

Sure, I have HA, but it's so  hard for me to accept that these could be stress/anxiety related because I don't feel stressed at all!  :dazed:

Bookmark and Share

Online vardnas

• Rec's: 92
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2012, 01:42:31 AM »
Yeah, sky, it's tricky sometimes, but that's one of the defining hallmarks of anxiety disorder—it doesn't matter if we FEEL stressed or not, once those stress hormones are kicking (like RN said), the body can and will react however it wants. And unfortunately, that includes a myriad of erratic and unsettling sensations, heart flutters included. Getting those stress hormones back down to pre-anxiety levels is hard and it takes a LONG time; months, usually. You may want to talk to your doctor about treating your anxiety, things like therapy and meds; they will help you get much further in your recovery than just trying to muscle it yourself.
Bookmark and Share
In case anyone is still confused:  googling your symptoms will cause you to remain in a state of extreme anxiety. Stepping away from the internet is the first step toward lasting peace.

Offline Chaps3B

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2012, 04:28:27 AM »
I get the exact same thing, not every mornin tho.. try and drink water instead of fizzy juice at night or during the night :) i get bad heartburn in the mornin and keep burping aswell, its a kinda uncomfortable feelin in the chest!! And when i burp i can taste the acid! or i burp up phlem :/ im 23, male and have had this problem for a couple of years, some mornings im fine tho! I think its all about the diet, i eat crap and never exercise, im not overweight but jst feel unhealthy! Im on the drink every weekend and find that alcohol makes it worse, but it still doesnt stop me lol.
Bookmark and Share

Offline skyisblue

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2012, 06:24:46 AM »
thanks vardnas and chaps.

I guess it's so hard to live with HA.

One more thing, I notice this racing heartbeat when my stomach is having the acidic, burpy, and bloated feeling. It's like this: I feel that my stomach is quite full of gas and a bit gurgly as I sit down and when I stand up, that's usually when the racing heart comes in. It only lasts for about 5 seconds or so then disappears. I don't feel pain or difficulty in breathing though. This doesn't happen all the time, by the way.

But when my stomach is feeling fine, I don't get that palps thing.

Can excess gas and GI issues cause a racy heart?  :yawn:
Bookmark and Share

Offline Chaps3B

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2012, 07:27:44 AM »
I get the racing bet aswell, i seem to burp more and feel sicky when im walking first thing in the morning! Ive no idea what causes the heart to race, do u eat junk before bed or whilst ur in bed?
Bookmark and Share

Offline skyisblue

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2012, 08:38:06 AM »
No I don't think I eat junk before going to bed. :(

I just came from a 30 minute jog just now. It's been 30 minutes since I finished the workout but my heart rate is still around 90 bpm. Before I exercise, it was only around 70 something.

I read that 30 minutes after exercise, your heartrate should be back to normal or something like that.

Oh my god what is this  :traurig001:
Bookmark and Share

Offline Chaps3B

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2012, 08:50:23 AM »
Ur heart rate will be around 90 because ur constantly checking it & its makin u anxious lol! Just relax, take a few deep breaths :) i dont think its worth worrying about,what age r u? And do u jog reguarly?
Bookmark and Share

Offline skyisblue

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2012, 08:55:28 AM »
Ugh :( I'm 21 years old and I jog around 2-4 times a week (30 mins per day).

I'm a bit overweight, but not obese.

Thanks for the kind words chaps. I really don't know how to relax at this point though :(
Bookmark and Share

Offline Chaps3B

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2012, 09:24:16 AM »
Its really hard to relax, try calling someone, just do anything you can to take your mind of it :) that helps me! im 23, i barely do much exercise apart from work which isnt exactly exercise, i eat junk food every day aswell, do u drink coffee alot?
Bookmark and Share

Offline skyisblue

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2012, 09:30:05 AM »
Chaps, no I don't drink coffee at all.

By the way, could the environment play a role too?

I'm studying away from my hometown and family and I have to admit, living alone in this small room in the university makes me feel sad a bit. I've been here for the whole day. I was checking my pulse when I was here.

Before I wrote this reply, I went out to catch some fresh air and decided to treat myself to a hearty meal in one of the eateries around here. Strange enough, I monitored my heart rate (like crazy!) while I was out and amazingly, my heart rate was back to 70-ish bpm.

This is so crazy!  :goofy:

I don't know if I'm dreaming or whaaat. Sorry chaps if I'm a mess tonight.  :dazed:
Bookmark and Share

Offline Chaps3B

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2012, 09:43:35 AM »
It could yes. being alone make the mind wander and thats when u eill start to overthink and check ur pulse alot, whenever ur doing this, ur anxious and worryin so the chances are your pulse wont be great! i went through this when i was 18, always checking my pulse, feelin my chest etc! Worst thing u can do is google symptoms, it makes matters worse! .. If ur mind is thinkin of other things rather than ur health, u should feel fine! :) buy some herbal tea and chill for the night! :) lol
Bookmark and Share

Offline skyisblue

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2012, 10:20:43 AM »
Thanks so much, chaps.

I'm still trying to sink in everything that I'm fine.

By the way, I forgot to mention, I went to a GP last April 20 for a stomach issue (indigestion!) and he was able to check my heart beat with his stethoscope. He said everything was perfectly fine.

I just dunno if he was kidding or I've developed something bad between that day and today. Ack.  :angry-smiley-034:
Bookmark and Share

Tags: