Chat Now!   Member Gallery   Anxiety Zone Wire   Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: obsessed with the idea of *****  (Read 942 times)

Offline missclean39

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
obsessed with the idea of *****
« on: May 24, 2012, 10:25:48 PM »
I love my life and would NEVER commit ***** but I keep having images of me overdosing or cutting my wrists and dying and then ruining my mom's life(we are very close). I have these thoughts if I am not distracted.

These thoughts really scare me and my therapist said IF I wanted to die then these are suicidal thoughts but I don't want to die. If I did want to die I would be dead by now. Is anyone else battling with this? I have OCD

and in year 2010 I went to a mental hospital 5 times b/c I was afraid that I would act on these thoughts. These thoughts seem to plague me at least 8 hours a day and seem persistent.
Bookmark and Share

Offline afuser11

• Rec's: 5
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: obsessed with the idea of 0119
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2012, 11:58:21 AM »
We all have intrusive thoughts, and we need to deal with them like any other thought. They are just thoughts, they dont always mean something, and 99% of the time they are not accurate appraisals of reality. Accept the thoughts (dont fight them or argue with them) and move on (keep doing what you are doing).
Bookmark and Share
- Disclaimer: I am not a physician. Any post or advice I give should in no way be considered medical advice. Consult a physician (MD or DO) with health/medication questions.

Offline Bcollinsix

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2013, 05:39:58 PM »
I've been dealing with the same exact thing for about 8 months now. I live on the 17th floor with a balcony and I always obsess about losing control and wanting to jump off but I don't want to die, same thing goes for the subway.

What have you been doing to combat these thoughts?

For me, reassurance from a loved one helps. Definitely don't keep these obsessive thoughts to yourself. Also telling myself I am overthinking also helps.
Bookmark and Share

Offline LivingLife

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2014, 11:00:01 PM »
Some other guy posted the same thing and I'll give u the same response I gave him. I have very similar thoughts and been dealing with them for about 7 months now and like you I have no reason to be depressed or suicidal and I know I'm not too I love my life, I just have these crazy obsessions. I'm afraid to do certain things like sitting in class, or going out with friends because I think to myself "what if I have these thoughts when I'm doing those activities" however it 95% of the time it doesn't stop me from doing what I want, I still go out with friends, go to the gym, school, work, etc. And I agree when I'm not distracted that's when I ruminate. I think about how these suicidal thoughts will eventually lead me to become hopeless and non functional and lead me to *****.

My psychologists has been saying for months for me to practice sitting (meditation) 15-20 minutes a day. And I just started 2 days ago as my new years resolution. The exercise is to literally just sit in a quiet room with your eyes open and do nothing. Just sit there and be aware of everything moment by moment. Whatever it is your focusing on whether its a feeling, a sound you just heard, visual things, a thought, emotion, feeling smell. Just be aware of these happenings and do not cling onto any of it. Just let it be there, don't control, or judge anything. Just observe whatever is happening non judgmentally. 
Bookmark and Share

Tags: