Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Scared of living. Scared of dying. Scared of being scared. This is hell.  (Read 3491 times)

Offline sixpack

• no illogical conclusions please
  • Rec's: 214
  • Mood: Thoughtful
    Thoughtful
  • anxiety lies, don't listen
    • Poke This Member
it is sad about your mom.

my mom has RA and dx'd at age 32 or 33.  she also had severe periodontal disease in which she lost all of her teeth.  she presently, at 75, had/has lung cancer and had a node need radiation treatment.  she is also on two dementia meds.

my dad died of a brain tumor at age 46.  before that he had some heart thing and bleeding ulcer.  After my dad died, I had to deal with my mom's anxiety meltdown...

my eldest, your age, has a severe brain abnormality....  there is continuous issues with her.

GIRL we all have stuff.  However we can't let it control our lives.  God, what mess I'd be in if I let all of the above control me forever.  If you let your stuff control you like this, by not getting the proper help, your life is going to be a living hell.  So you have an important choice to make:  are you going to let your stuff control you and live like this OR are you going to start removing the roadblocks (the rationalizations and excuses) and get better?   Sounds simple doesn't it?  It isn't.  It takes a lot of time and commitment but it is worth it.  I think, at this point, I've pretty much given you all the advice and support I have.  It is now up to you to start making things happen for you.  If you are content with the fear, then you won't need to make any changes in your habits.  If you are not content living in the fear, then you have some work to do.   :yes:   
Bookmark and Share
MOST anxiety occurs on a subconscious level.  JUST because you don't feel consciously anxious or had a day or two of calm doesn't mean your mind & body are relaxed.  It can take months of reduced anxiety before a body goes back to a more non-reactive state

Offline sixpack

• no illogical conclusions please
  • Rec's: 214
  • Mood: Thoughtful
    Thoughtful
  • anxiety lies, don't listen
    • Poke This Member
just reread a bit of your post and it is frought with irrational, imo, fears and beliefs:

the stuff about your scans and flying?  you actually believe that is going to cause you cancer??? My hubs is on a plane constantly.  My youngest just had her second round of x-rays (or is it her third) since January.  You think docs should tell you you'll get cancer from a scan that you know you wanted becuase of your fears?  Do you think docs actually BELIEVE you will get cancer from these scans? No they don't. Hell, cancers are treated with radiation.  As cheesus said everything has radiation.  You actually think doctors don't care and our government wants us to die????  Why do we have the fattst people?  BEcause we eat crap and don't exercise enough? That isn't doctors faults or our governments fault.  We have to take responsiblity for own behavior.   Why are you afraid to drink water?  I'm not.   Yep there are natural remedies out there?  Do they all work?  IDK, maybe if you  want to try those natural methods, you should research them and then use the ones that you think have merit?  why not see a naturapath?  The idea that docs don't mess with that is incorrect.  I"ve had several docs suggest natural things and minerals/vitamins.     

all of the things you posted that I responded to are examples of your irrational fears and rationalizations and excuses that you are using that is preventing you from seeking lasting solace.   While that may sound harsh, I think you need a bit of a wake up here.  IMO, If you actually believe the government is out to get us  & all that stuff then I suggest becoming an activist.  There are tons of groups out there that advocate and fight for what they believe in.  In actuality that would probably be a good thing for you as it would help occupy your mind and you'd start feeling better.
Bookmark and Share
MOST anxiety occurs on a subconscious level.  JUST because you don't feel consciously anxious or had a day or two of calm doesn't mean your mind & body are relaxed.  It can take months of reduced anxiety before a body goes back to a more non-reactive state

Offline bittersweetlife

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Stressed
    Stressed
    • Poke This Member
Re: Scared of living. Scared of dying. Scared of being scared. This is hell.
« Reply #17 on: December 12, 2012, 11:18:39 PM »
I feel your pressure girl!
Me too i fear so many illnesses like cancers like bone cancer, lymphoma, brain tumor and others like heart problems cause i always get chest pains on my right side everytime i lye down. but when i'm busy or when i'm walking in public i feel relieved. Sometimes i just don't know what's real! I'm really freaking out!! i had this very small lumps sore to touch on my left armpit and scared it could be a lymphoma!! :traurig001:
having these occasional headaches, light headedness and pressure and scared it could be a brain tumor!!  :sprachlos020:

now i'm having this mild chest pains when i think of it thinking it could be heart problems?! B-;
THIS REALLY SUCKS! all i want just want in life is to reach my dreams someday and be healthy for a long time.  :dazed: Now i blame google for this!!  :angry:

i don't want to end up like this!

you are not alone!  :traurig001:

sorry for being such a drama queen..~   :action-smiley-065:
Bookmark and Share
"There's a time & a place to die.. but this ain't it"

Hakuna Matata - "It means no worries"

“Anxiety's like a rocking chair. It gives you something to do, but it doesn't get you very far.” - Jodi Picoult, Sing You Home

Offline gcalex

• Rec's: 46
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #18 on: December 12, 2012, 11:20:10 PM »
If I may ask, what have you done, and what are you doing, to treat this anxiety? 
Bookmark and Share

Offline charlynn

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Depressed
    Depressed
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #19 on: December 13, 2012, 05:27:03 AM »
I know exactly how you feel because that's how I always feel. I feel scared. About every darn thing. It is affecting me emotionally and physically. Physically because I can't do the things I love anymore. I can't do them feeling happy anymore because I'm always scared, and upset. It's just crappy and I always feel so helpless. I'm not on medication nor am I seeing a therapist/psychiatrist. My family can't afford one now. I'm only 16. I have recently only started getting anxious about a month or so ago, but it feels like I've been under anxiety for as long as I remember. I googled, I tried everything.. To find out a way to get rid of it, but I can't. And it's really annoying the heck out of me. I feel helpless. I'm scared and over-react to every little thing I get.. Because of Google. I google way too much. If I have a headache - bam! I think I have a brain tumour. If I feel tingly, I feel like I'm gonna get a stroke. I always think I'm gonna die.. and I know its so unhealthy but I can't help it. I hate this feeling.  :(
Bookmark and Share

Offline Gomubukai

• Rec's: 8
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #20 on: February 04, 2014, 07:06:04 AM »
Just to let you know, it looks like this topic hasn't been updated since 2012. :)
Bookmark and Share

Tags: