Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Anxiety Zone Wire    Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: neck pain, head pressure and feeling off balance  (Read 18359 times)

Offline mermaid

• Rec's: 2
    • Poke This Member
neck pain, head pressure and feeling off balance
« on: December 11, 2011, 01:40:30 PM »
not been here for a while as i've been trying to keep offline WRT anxiety and health.

i mentioned a while back about feelings of pressure in the back of my head. they went away then came back a few times. now the past 1.5 days i've had increasing pain right at the top of my neck on both sides, the base of my skull actually, as well as an almost constant feeling of pressure in the back of my head and i feel constantly off balance even when sitting down, everything seems to shift and i feel i'm about to faint or pass out or have some sort of seizure.

i've taken pain killers for my neck but the pressure and dizzy feelings won't subside.

it feels as if it's somehow related to my neck which is full of crackles and pops when i move it. The thing is not 2 weeks ago i was at physiotherapy for neck related headaches and i can't afford to go back.

can neck muscles being in spasm make you dizzy? i don't have an actual headaches at all, just the pressure and weird sensation of floating.

Bookmark and Share

Offline afuser11

• Rec's: 5
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: neck pain, head pressure and feeling off balance
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2011, 02:23:27 PM »
Dizziness, stiff neck and headache need to be checked out by a physician at the emergency room.
Bookmark and Share
- Disclaimer: I am not a physician. Any post or advice I give should in no way be considered medical advice. Consult a physician (MD or DO) with health/medication questions.

Offline mermaid

• Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2011, 02:29:30 PM »
thanks, but as i mentioned i am not having any headaches. and it\s not stiff in the 'can't put my chin on my chest meningitis ' way :-)
Bookmark and Share

Offline abaggett2

• Rec's: 1
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2011, 02:52:02 PM »
Hi, I have this all the time.  I sometimes do get headaches with mine.  I have TMJ and of course the stiffness and pressure that comes with being stressed all the time can make you dizzy.  I have researched these symptoms a lot and it all comes back to anxiety.  Today I am feeling a lot of pressure, dizziness, and just yucky.  Also, any sinus problems can cause a lot of the same symptoms.  Try to tell yourself that you are ok and you know that it is just the MONSTER making you think you are dying...
Bookmark and Share
Have a blessed day!  God Loves you!

Offline evwifey

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2011, 03:49:51 PM »
i have been having the exact same symptoms the past couple of days, which is making me extremely anxious, which of course is making it worse.  no pain, just a floating feeling, a little off balance and tension in my neck and back of head, which i think is causing the off balance feeling.  i slept wrong, with my head cranked down, and now i have these symptoms.  a normal person would just blow them off, but anyone with hypochondria always fears the worse.  i was feeling fantastic before this, and now i am a wreck.  i know it will pass in a couple of days, so i just have to ride it out.  i hate this!!!! 
Bookmark and Share

Offline TheOnlyChelInTheSea

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2011, 08:00:17 PM »
I was having dizziness and head pressure a few months back. My grandpa cracked my neck and most of the symptoms went away! My neck was BADLY out of place.
Bookmark and Share

Offline mermaid

• Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2011, 04:44:07 AM »
Thanks for all the comments.

I saw a neurologist (about other symptoms) yesterday and told him about my neck and he had a feel and said my occipital nerves which are very close to the surface of the skin are extremely tender and inflamed, he said this is not uncommon and anything can cause it eg a bump on the head or general neck tension or in my case perhaps headstands in yoga. He gave me a very painful injection on both sides and said it should help. To be honest my neck now feels way worse! Could be from the injections.

sigh.
Bookmark and Share

Offline diana66

• Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2011, 12:08:04 AM »
I have been having bouts of pressure in the back of my head, followed by an off balance feeling.  I went to doc, they did EKG, it was fine, bloodwork was OK too.  Of course they said it could be many, many things but to try to wait it out.

I have tried talking to myself when it happens, trying to sit quietly, and relax, and say "you are fine" over and over to myself.  IT has helped but not made them go away 100%.

Just want you to know what you described is exactly what I feel. And it freaks me out most if it happens when I am driving.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Elfi

• Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2012, 09:12:12 PM »
I am having this same thing right now... especially the dizziness and I feel like I am going to pass out any moment though I think it is pretty obvious I have alignment issues with my neck and my spine.. I just feel off balance. This sucks doesn't it?
Bookmark and Share

Offline LindaRK

• Rec's: 35
  • Mood: Loved
    Loved
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2012, 09:23:58 PM »
I had the same thing happen to me and, ironically, it was after doing a yoga pose.  The instruction had me do something different and the whole time I was thinking "this isn't good ....". I should have listened to my inuition.  That one took months to get over. Hope you start feeing better!
Bookmark and Share

Offline caco47

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2012, 11:04:22 PM »
This has happened to me on and off for years and is currently "on" again.  I'm getting so sick of it and I wish I could do something to make it go away
Bookmark and Share

Offline mantooth

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2012, 05:27:13 AM »
Don't even get me started on this.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: