Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Don't feel anxious, but still get the physical symptoms  (Read 5552 times)

Offline JohnnyRogue24

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Don't feel anxious, but still get the physical symptoms
« on: September 17, 2011, 05:06:13 AM »
Hi all,

I was just wondering if anyone gets anxiety symptoms even though they are not anxious or nervous? I get the physical symptoms mostly towards the evening and at night(feel normal in the morning and afternoon because Im usually doing something to keep my mind off of the anxiety), even when I'm not feeling stressed, nervous, or anxious. The symptoms I normally get are: heat flashes(where certain parts of my body or my whole feels hot, almost like a burning sensation), tingling and numbness on my hands and feet, and sometimes frequent urination(only sometimes and its clear with no odor, btw). Out of all the symptoms I feel, I get the hot flashes/burning sensations the most, which annoys the heck of me. I usually have AC on or a fan and have a bag of ice to try to cool me down.

BTW: I have had multiple tests with my blood and urine and all have came back normal so it's not diabetes or UTI, etc.
Bookmark and Share

Offline ms anxiety

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Don't feel anxious, but still get the physical symptoms
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2011, 12:38:50 PM »
i have symptoms all the time! mine are constant twitching, i get tingles, break out in hives, and get migraines.

and they come even if i *think* im not anxious at the moment. i think this is quite common.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Enabledcorpse

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2011, 01:16:18 PM »
I do tooo...the thing is anxiety last for dayssss......see???? and a panic attack is only a few minutes. Dont worrryyy :)
Bookmark and Share

Offline pauly j

• Rec's: 42
  • Constant and Never ending Improvement.
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2011, 01:30:53 PM »
Yes, symptoms still appear even though we are feeling calm, peaceful, and even while we are asleep.  You do not have to be anxious to have symptoms.  I still have symptoms after feeling much improved from anxiety, even months later.  If you have symptoms without anxiety, I imagine that is a good thing as you are not giving power to those symptoms which otherwise would cause you to be anxious.

pauly j
Bookmark and Share
It's not what's happening to you now or what has happened in your past that determines who you become. Rather, it's your decisions about what to focus on, what things mean to you, and what you're going to do about them that will determine your ultimate destiny.

- Anthony Robbins

Offline noella6

• Rec's: 5
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2011, 01:55:54 PM »
I get a ton of urine issues from stress, which have only just been 'officially' diagnosed.
I can go very frequently, it burns, and feels like a UTI a lot of the time, as if something is burning hot or stung down there...so uncomfortable. It tends to kick off monthly, and is often accompanied by my IBS. I had the tests too, and the smear, etc, all clear, thank god!

But I do seem to get more symptoms when I am doing well, for some reason - it is the VERY thing which keeps my HA recycling. I ask why can I get these symptoms almost endlessly (and they are not all imaginary at all!) unless there is something wrong? I have no answer to this question, yet the symptoms persist, often very real, yet never actually serious diseases.

The worst thing about HA is that the thing we fear is seemingly unavoidable.
If we had a phobia of flying we could simply avoid planes, but we cannot escape our bodies....
I am hoping to try some CBT to challenge my thought processes, because I know that this is the only thing which could possible ever help, for me.

As of today, my current symptoms are:
Sore, stinging eye.
Mild pain in a back tooth.
Mild pain in jaw (possibly teeth grinding, hope so!)
IBS again.
Sore flesh on neck and tendons there.
Odd shakiness like hangover except I haven't had a drink.

And this is a good day for me, as I don't actually believe any of those to be terminal diseases. YET.
Next week a new batch will arrive to outsmart the current list, for it is one thing after another with me, it never seems to stop.

Good luck fighting this.
Bookmark and Share
"Giants exist to deceive, they retreat if they're clearly perceived"