Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Anxiety Zone Wire    Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Average Age Here  (Read 86682 times)

Offline adalie56

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Average Age Here
« Reply #945 on: March 28, 2014, 02:54:33 AM »
I am 39.  Anxiety kicks in durring stressful situations.  It gets to where I just want to give up.  Been ongoing for several years.  I have been able to cope periodically
Bookmark and Share

Offline houstonman

• Just Joined!
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #946 on: March 31, 2014, 09:58:31 PM »
I am 47 and was diagnosed in 1997 with GAD and OCD.  It was a very dark time in my life. I was 30 and my career was moving well. My wife is/was a housewife and our two girls were 2 and 4 at the time.  I saw my Grand dad die and we were beginning to struggle financially.  It started with insomnia. I went for 2 days without sleeping and went to my boss to tell them something was wrong. I started having panic attacks and was crying at the drop of a hat.  I was taken off work by the doctor and was diagnosed with severe depression, gad and ocd.  They tried many different meds at the time and counseling. I was on zoloft, serzone, lexapro, buspar, xanax and paxil (all at different times until they got the combination right).  I returned to work after being off six weeks.

I should preface this with the fact I had other trials with anxiety prior to 1997 (beginning at about age 19 or 20) but really did not know what was going on.  I remember getting obsessed with stuff like whether my baptism at 16 was valid or not, blasphemy of the Holy Spirit, sexual anxiety when I was married at 25, etc. These anxieties and obsessions would go away after a time. I suppose I worked through them somehow. 

I have to say that the years of struggling must have culminated in 1997's episode. Although it was a horrible time in my life, I am thankful it happened as I finally knew what was wrong.  I have been on buspar pretty much since that time. I tried going without it for a few years but have come to the conclusion I really need it especially at times when the anxiety rears its head.  I can go for months without any issue and then all of the sudden have a recurrence. 

Bookmark and Share

Offline servantofgod

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #947 on: April 04, 2014, 12:56:39 AM »
Interesting to see this
Bookmark and Share

Offline emiloo09

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #948 on: April 09, 2014, 08:55:40 PM »
I am 21...and I definitely think it has to do with college stress, relationship stress, finances, and regular entering into adulthood stresses.
Bookmark and Share

Offline MomOF7

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #949 on: April 11, 2014, 11:00:25 PM »
I am 35. My anxiety has always been here, but my health anxiety has gotten worse since I had my first child 12 yrs ago
Bookmark and Share

Offline misssunnyshine

• Just Joined!
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #950 on: April 15, 2014, 05:28:41 PM »
I am 24, I've always been a worrier but things have gotten bad in the last 2 years. I suppose you could  put it to life stresses at this age. Moving out, more responsibility at work etc.
Bookmark and Share

Offline thenomnomnomicon

• Rec's: 7
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #951 on: April 18, 2014, 06:11:44 AM »
22. Diagnosed with GAD and OCD when I was 12. Thought I'd grown out of it until very recently.
Bookmark and Share
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh

Offline painintolerance

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #952 on: April 21, 2014, 11:35:35 PM »

I worry too much. I'm an overthinker and a perfectionist. I lost the girl I loved back in 2010 and 2011, and ever since she's moved on and had a child with her fiance. That destroyed me, and moving on from that has been a pain.

I believe the worrying was inherited. My mom is a worrier, and my dad was a worrier. It's as if I'm a 'worrier on steroids'.

"What can go wrong, will go wrong" -- it's almost as if that's my mantra given some of the events in my life that's happened.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Deanna

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #953 on: April 24, 2014, 02:09:51 AM »
I'm 23 now, but I have had anxiety since childhood. The psychologist and psychiatrist have determined it is entirely genetic in my case. On my mother and my father's sides of the family there are have each been two suicides within the last 3 generations and my father and two brothers have all been diagnosed with depression and anxiety. One of my brothers has bipolar disorder, and I have it so mildly that I'm usually okay without mood stabilizers. :)
Bookmark and Share

Offline bukowski

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #954 on: April 25, 2014, 02:55:00 PM »
I'm 33. Gettin' old! :P
Bookmark and Share

Offline rap_Talon

• Rec's: 3
  • Mood: Depressed
    Depressed
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #955 on: April 26, 2014, 12:17:48 PM »
I'm 26, and at the moment I feel my anxiety is at it's worst. Been suffering from it for as long as I can remember though.
Bookmark and Share

Offline andyinfear

• Mood: Scared
    Scared
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #956 on: May 01, 2014, 05:19:13 PM »
I'm 26. And this was an interesting poll. I figured mostly everyone on here would be in my age bracket. This seems to be the time where people suffer the most in their lives. A lot of life changes are going on. And there's a lot of pressures. Families, kids, relationships, school, jobs.. etc.
Bookmark and Share

Offline stelex

• Mood: Exhausted
    Exhausted
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #957 on: May 04, 2014, 06:01:55 PM »
51 can't believe I'm still walking earth.  Anxiety and ocd, addictions bipolar from as far back as I can remember a child.  I still feel that child inside every waking moment, there is some element of not growing up, something went wrong, either I was born with it all, or it was environmental.  Still alive and kicking, I wished I wasn't doing as much screaming in the past week.  Hugs all.
Bookmark and Share

Offline elstir

• Just Joined!
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #958 on: May 06, 2014, 05:57:40 PM »
I'm 44.  I've been dealing with serious anxiety issues, concerning my health mostly, for about the past decade.  My father was a worrier, so I suppose it comes naturally for me!  Around the age of 11 or so I started having some early OCD tendencies.  Then in my early 30s OCD began to really disrupt my life.  Currently, I am going through a terrible period of nearly constant anxiety about my health. 

Bookmark and Share

Offline HeavensToBetsy

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #959 on: May 07, 2014, 10:54:32 PM »
I'm 23 but I have had social anxiety since around 10, it's gotten worse with age. My doctor told my mom it was a phase, here I am 14 years later.
Bookmark and Share