Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: What meds are you on thread..  (Read 22969 times)

Offline Snoopy10

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: What meds are you on thread..
« Reply #180 on: April 28, 2014, 09:57:56 AM »
10mg Lexapro and .75 mg of Klonopin a day, sometimes more Klonopin.

The Lexapro works really well for my social anxiety.  The Klonopin works really well for when my anxiety gets going acutely.  When I was 25 my anxiety was triggered when I came down from some drugs that were used for an endoscopy I had to have done.  It was just wave after wave on panic and I was afraid to leave my Mom's house. I didn't know what was wrong with me, I thought I had brain damage and I constantly imagined *****. I finally managed an appointment with a psychiatrist and he prescribed Klonopin.  It worked like magic. It still does work really well but now I am trying to stabilize on .5 a day and use other thing ( like this forum!) to cope.

Lexapro is the best drug I have been on for long term management of my anxiety. Cymbalta is also extremely effective but the side effects were too much for me. I have also been on buspar, Zoloft, Abilify, Prozac, Wellbutrin (for a short time),  and other drugs I can't even remember.

It look 6 months for the Lexapro to reach its full potential with me. That is why it took so many start/stops for me to use it. But it was worth the wait and trials (my anxiety got worse in the beginning) because now I can talk to people and look them in the eye without massive discomfort.
Bookmark and Share

Offline AncientMelody

• Rec's: 13
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #181 on: May 01, 2014, 12:55:46 PM »
Finally went off the lexapro because even though it worked great for my mood, it didn't touch my anxiety. Plus the GI side effects never really resolved. I am currently on prozac 40 mg, we'll see how this goes!
Bookmark and Share

Offline Catastrophe

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #182 on: May 04, 2014, 10:57:08 AM »
200mg of Citalopram and 15mg of Mirtazapine. I haven't been on Mirtazapine for very long (it helps me sleep) I'd kind of like my GP to increase my dosage to 30mg.
Bookmark and Share

Offline worldbeat99

• Rec's: 10
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #183 on: June 29, 2014, 10:56:39 AM »
For my GAD anxiety, I take klonopin, 1 mg.  So far so good.
Bookmark and Share

Offline redapples

• Rec's: 8
  • :]
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #184 on: July 01, 2014, 04:20:41 PM »
I'm on 20 mgs Prozac (fluoxetine), 2 mgs of Lorazepam (Ativan) for sleep. And if needed, small dose of Lorazepam during the day.

(I am approved to take it 4 times daily, but find that with the Prozac, I was able to get it down to 2mgs at night and maybe a small dose during the day if needed.) :action-smiley-065:
Bookmark and Share

Offline Smalm

• Live everyday like it's your last for one day will be your last!
  • Rec's: 5
  • Mood: Happy
    Happy
  • treatment in progress, better life, no HA!
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #185 on: July 01, 2014, 06:06:39 PM »
I went to the doctors and they talked about my anxiety and who I might of got it from (my mom). They have me on a low dose of Venlafaxine HCI tablets which are 25 mg each, I have a thirty day prescription and then I also have a refill and I have to check in with the doctor that prescribed it to me. I am supposed to take them in the morning... I still have to go and fill the prescription for it takes about a half hour to get the prescription filled at the pharmacy.
Bookmark and Share
On medication, which is doing great! I love the major improvements it has made for me and he people around me for when I have anxiety I make others suffer, but not anymore!

Offline Cwhite513

• Mood: Content
    Content
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #186 on: July 08, 2014, 03:41:18 PM »
Ok after trying to go med-free I'm back on 37.5mg xr of effexor and supposed to eventually go up to the 75mg xr
Bookmark and Share

Offline Habibti531

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #187 on: July 20, 2014, 06:47:42 PM »
I used to be on a Paxil/Xanax combo when I was 19.. Went off meds during my childbearing years. Just started last week on 20mg of lexapro and .25mg Xanax and it's working very well.. I feel like I've taken a breath for the first time in years.
Bookmark and Share

Offline kevvvy

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #188 on: July 27, 2014, 09:13:23 PM »
Ok...so I am on paxil 20 mg which is just fine. but also Xanax prescribed as .5 4x a day. I get so worried about taking the Xanax even though I see every one on here seems to benefit from it.
Maybe its part of my anxiety but I get all worked up and the I try to take as little as possible so I am still anxious but only a bit less.
I have these fears of becoming addicted or end up having to take large amounts and going through withdrawal.
everyone...including my psychologist and psychiatrist say I should take it as needed.

sorryto ramble...I'm pretty new to the forum
kev-
Bookmark and Share

Offline EnigmaticHC

• Mood: Okay
    Okay
  • ♡ ♡ Canadian Mommy ♡ ♡
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #189 on: July 29, 2014, 08:25:40 PM »
100mg Zoloft.  Was on Paxil as a teen, but it caused awful side effects that scared me off all meds for a LONG time.  Just started taking the Zoloft this year.  Considering looking into something for panic attacks, but still not sure yet.
Bookmark and Share
I can't go back to yesterday - because I was a different person then ~Lewis Carroll