Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: What meds are you on thread..  (Read 25394 times)

Offline Snoopy10

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: What meds are you on thread..
« Reply #180 on: April 28, 2014, 09:57:56 AM »
10mg Lexapro and .75 mg of Klonopin a day, sometimes more Klonopin.

The Lexapro works really well for my social anxiety.  The Klonopin works really well for when my anxiety gets going acutely.  When I was 25 my anxiety was triggered when I came down from some drugs that were used for an endoscopy I had to have done.  It was just wave after wave on panic and I was afraid to leave my Mom's house. I didn't know what was wrong with me, I thought I had brain damage and I constantly imagined *****. I finally managed an appointment with a psychiatrist and he prescribed Klonopin.  It worked like magic. It still does work really well but now I am trying to stabilize on .5 a day and use other thing ( like this forum!) to cope.

Lexapro is the best drug I have been on for long term management of my anxiety. Cymbalta is also extremely effective but the side effects were too much for me. I have also been on buspar, Zoloft, Abilify, Prozac, Wellbutrin (for a short time),  and other drugs I can't even remember.

It look 6 months for the Lexapro to reach its full potential with me. That is why it took so many start/stops for me to use it. But it was worth the wait and trials (my anxiety got worse in the beginning) because now I can talk to people and look them in the eye without massive discomfort.
Bookmark and Share

Offline AncientMelody

• Rec's: 15
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #181 on: May 01, 2014, 12:55:46 PM »
Finally went off the lexapro because even though it worked great for my mood, it didn't touch my anxiety. Plus the GI side effects never really resolved. I am currently on prozac 40 mg, we'll see how this goes!
Bookmark and Share

Offline Catastrophe

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #182 on: May 04, 2014, 10:57:08 AM »
200mg of Citalopram and 15mg of Mirtazapine. I haven't been on Mirtazapine for very long (it helps me sleep) I'd kind of like my GP to increase my dosage to 30mg.
Bookmark and Share

Offline worldbeat99

• Rec's: 11
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #183 on: June 29, 2014, 10:56:39 AM »
For my GAD anxiety, I take klonopin, 1 mg.  So far so good.
Bookmark and Share

Offline redapples

• Rec's: 8
  • :]
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #184 on: July 01, 2014, 04:20:41 PM »
I'm on 20 mgs Prozac (fluoxetine), 2 mgs of Lorazepam (Ativan) for sleep. And if needed, small dose of Lorazepam during the day.

(I am approved to take it 4 times daily, but find that with the Prozac, I was able to get it down to 2mgs at night and maybe a small dose during the day if needed.) :action-smiley-065:
Bookmark and Share

Offline Smalm

• Live everyday like it's your last for one day will be your last!
  • Rec's: 5
  • Mood: Happy
    Happy
  • treatment in progress, better life, no HA!
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #185 on: July 01, 2014, 06:06:39 PM »
I went to the doctors and they talked about my anxiety and who I might of got it from (my mom). They have me on a low dose of Venlafaxine HCI tablets which are 25 mg each, I have a thirty day prescription and then I also have a refill and I have to check in with the doctor that prescribed it to me. I am supposed to take them in the morning... I still have to go and fill the prescription for it takes about a half hour to get the prescription filled at the pharmacy.
Bookmark and Share
On medication, which is doing great! I love the major improvements it has made for me and he people around me for when I have anxiety I make others suffer, but not anymore!

Offline Cwhite513

• Mood: Content
    Content
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #186 on: July 08, 2014, 03:41:18 PM »
Ok after trying to go med-free I'm back on 37.5mg xr of effexor and supposed to eventually go up to the 75mg xr
Bookmark and Share

Offline Habibti531

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #187 on: July 20, 2014, 06:47:42 PM »
I used to be on a Paxil/Xanax combo when I was 19.. Went off meds during my childbearing years. Just started last week on 20mg of lexapro and .25mg Xanax and it's working very well.. I feel like I've taken a breath for the first time in years.
Bookmark and Share

Offline kevvvy

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #188 on: July 27, 2014, 09:13:23 PM »
Ok...so I am on paxil 20 mg which is just fine. but also Xanax prescribed as .5 4x a day. I get so worried about taking the Xanax even though I see every one on here seems to benefit from it.
Maybe its part of my anxiety but I get all worked up and the I try to take as little as possible so I am still anxious but only a bit less.
I have these fears of becoming addicted or end up having to take large amounts and going through withdrawal.
everyone...including my psychologist and psychiatrist say I should take it as needed.

sorryto ramble...I'm pretty new to the forum
kev-
Bookmark and Share

Offline EnigmaticHC

• Mood: Okay
    Okay
  • ♡ ♡ Canadian Mommy ♡ ♡
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #189 on: July 29, 2014, 08:25:40 PM »
100mg Zoloft.  Was on Paxil as a teen, but it caused awful side effects that scared me off all meds for a LONG time.  Just started taking the Zoloft this year.  Considering looking into something for panic attacks, but still not sure yet.
Bookmark and Share
“I can't go back to yesterday - because I was a different person then” ~Lewis Carroll

Offline filopastry

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #190 on: August 05, 2014, 08:46:46 AM »
No medication for me, pretty much try to manage it with CBT as required, got through a fair few years where it wasn't but have needed some therapy on and off over the last year.

Did have recent bloodwork done which showed my B12 a bit low (well I think its low the doctor didn't seem worried) and was aware that symptoms of B12 deficiency can mirror anxiety, so started supplementing with that and folate, oddly enough that actually seems to increase my anxiety levels rather than decrease them though so I may stop for a while and see if it makes a noticeable difference.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Andrew90

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #191 on: August 06, 2014, 11:28:31 PM »
My daily regimen consists of 15 mg mirtazapine (soon to be 30 mg), 2 mg guanfacine (1 mg bid), and 1 mg klonopin (0.5 mg bid).

For PRN use, I am prescribed 0.5 mg alprazolam and 1 mg alprazolam ER, in addition to 10 mg propranolol. I've got myself pretty well guarded on panicky days.
Bookmark and Share

Offline poohgurl613

• Mood: Sleepy
    Sleepy
  • Life each day to the fullest
    • Poke This Member
What meds are you on thread..
« Reply #192 on: August 07, 2014, 12:42:54 PM »
I am on a lot of meds:
Klonopin 1 mg 2x day
Cymbalta 60 mg 1x day
Depakote 750 mg 1x day
Neurontin 800 mg 1x day
Risperdal 1 mg 1x day
Halcion .25 mg 1x day
Melatonin 10 mg 1x day

Those are just the meds for my mental illnesses

Then there are all the other meds I am on
Estradiol, Levastatin, Klor-con, Hydrochloroth, Ranitidine, Omeprazole, Levsin, Zofran, Vit D, Robaxin, Norco, Fish oil, Citrucil, Detrol LA

It makes me wonder how my body can deal with taking all this medication all the time.
Bookmark and Share
Learning to love myself and be a better person each day.

Offline Ihadcancer

• Rec's: 7
  • Mood: Okay
    Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #193 on: August 11, 2014, 11:30:47 AM »
I take Klonopin and came here to make sure I wasn't taking too much.

My doctor started me off on .25 3 x's a day and then upped it to .5 mg 3 x's a day. MOST days I can get by with 2 doses but the last couple of days my anxiety has been major and I did take a third pill right before bed.  I Googled and saw that with PTSD, many people need up to 3 mgs a day.

I consider myself H/A (Health Anxiety) but my doctor and my gastro both say it's PTSD from having a liver resection, reacting to the pain meds and having to heal from an open incision, rib spread, 80% of my liver removed, 2nd bout with cancer...... with NO pain meds. 

It made me feel better today to see that almost everyone here who takes Klonopin is on .5 two to three times a day.  I take nothing else.

Diane
Bookmark and Share

Offline assilem08

• Mood: Confused
    Confused
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #194 on: August 13, 2014, 11:27:32 AM »
This is all new to me. I cant get anything done at work because of the anxiety, i went to the doctor for the first time about it yesterday and she prescribed me Hydroxyzine which she said is the weakest form of medication for this. I do not want to take any medication but the anxiety is starting to give me physical symptoms and I need some kind of help. I havent taken one of the pills yet because i keep seeing it causes drowsiness and I cant really be falling asleep at my desk. Hopefully i can get some feed back. Thanks
Bookmark and Share