Member Gallery    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: A couple exercises for those with trouble with ruminating thoughts and/or sleep  (Read 41181 times)

Offline SusieQ

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
:) im gonna try the positive box :) once i tried a method..um i got a note book and every single day i was writing down 10 things what am i greatful for today or what good things happend to me during the day to see that also good things happend during the day and so i was trying to focus on the nice side of the day and it helped me a bit :)
Bookmark and Share

Offline gerardwolfe

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Thanks for sharing, I have these types of thoughts too; however, mine are intrusive, negative and irrational... I find mindfulness meditation works WONDERFUL!!! I am facing my fearful thoughts that I avoided all these years and it is truly working... the funny thing is that I am worrying about worry and thoughts that might never happen or have happened and it never did anything.. NEVER... it is great to hear that others are fighting the fight and beating anxiety
Bookmark and Share

Offline louisedge123

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
What you do with ruminating thoughts

is to NEVER try and push them away ... let them be there and starve them till they dye off

why not invite that thought to play over in your mind over and over again and let it keep going

you will probably find you will probably start thinking of something else sooner or later.

x
Bookmark and Share

Offline B Boop

• Just Joined!
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
this sounds like something i need to do. Mornings are the worst for me......Are you still a member on here?
Bookmark and Share

Offline heartstringz

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Thank-you!! I am going to get some post-it notes today and try it.  I have a major problem with ruminating thoughts and have been looking for ideas which might help.

What I currently do (and it does help) is keep a notebook with me and write 'what am I anxious about?'...........'why am I anxious about it?'........'how can I solve it?........

It helps me get some clarity and focus on fixing the problem instead of worrying about it.
Bookmark and Share

Offline allmostawake

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Great stuff!! I'll try them both. It's funny (well not really) but the longer I live with the many facets of depression/anxiety/panic I realize that there are (at least for me) 2 distinct things I have to real with and recognize. 1. There IS something wrong with the physiology of my brain. Which resulting in the physical things that I feel and 2. How I process those feelings. I'm convinced that some or even many people experience similar physical symptoms that I do but, the have some innate ability to not bothered by them to the degree that some or most of do.

For me my biggest problem is that I lost a great job and have been out of work for more than 10 years. Because I no longer live in an area that has huge manufacturing base.  I used to work for Boeing and NASA in the Seattle area. I am back in the SF Bay Area.   And I'm hearing impaired, 60 years old with all the associated health issues of a person who's aging badly.

I come here to share when I'm feeling hopeless and helpless. And it's a comfort to share with you all. Thanks, Ray
Bookmark and Share

Offline HaileyAnn

• Wallflower
  • Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Exhausted
    Exhausted
  • Breathe.
    • Poke This Member
What wonderful ideas! I should definitely try those, considering it's 1 in the morning and I'm nowhere near sleep because my brain won't quiet down. It's quite frustrating sometimes.
Bookmark and Share
Grateful to be a little boat, full of water, still floating.

Offline CanadianGuy87

• Waiting for my appointment
  • Mood: Worried
    Worried
  • My name is Alex and I have hypochrondria or GAD
    • Poke This Member
Wow, those are really great ideas! I think I might start up that positivity box activity in a bit and put all my anxiety at rest by putting it in the negative box and then never open it again. Thanks for sharing! God Bless!  :sign0087:
Bookmark and Share
"The only thing we have to fear is....fear itself!" - Franklin D. Roosevelt

Offline Rainbowlight

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Thank you, Tam for the wonderful suggestions =).
Bookmark and Share

Offline KTM1028

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Awesome advice .. I will be goung to buy some post it notes today. Maybe i will have these over analyzing thoughts about my marriage out if my head soon. Thank you
Bookmark and Share

anything