Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Occasional/Seasonal GAD  (Read 592 times)

Offline OccasionalAnx

• Rec's: 1
  • Stay strong and have faith!
    • Poke This Member
Occasional/Seasonal GAD
« on: February 17, 2011, 02:17:06 PM »
Just wondering if anyone else out there suffers from anxiety/depression for a few weeks and then you're back to 'normal'.  Usually hits me once of twice a year but then I'm fine.  Normal.  Going through a tough time now and the nights used to be bad for me with sleeping but now the mornings are horrible for me.  I just hope this goes away soon.  Want to feel normal again.
Bookmark and Share

Offline worldbeat99

• Rec's: 11
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Occasional/Seasonal GAD
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2014, 10:27:24 PM »
Hi, I know this an old post but I wanted to respond.  I think I'm going through a Seasonal GAD.
I've felt it during Jan and Feb.  It came out of nowhere.  I sure hope it vanishes in the spring

How have things worked out for you?
Bookmark and Share

Offline Mindquake

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2014, 12:23:00 AM »
I think a lot of people in the northern hemisphere have had a rough winter this year.  Certainly with the dangerous temperatures, lack of exercise, lack of sunlight -- I'd bet all that adds up to make brain chemistry out of whack. I know that, though I may be one of the most introverted people on the planet, even I have experienced bouts of loneliness this winter, when I'm not paralyzed with worry and fear that is.
Bookmark and Share

Offline worldbeat99

• Rec's: 11
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2014, 05:38:41 PM »

Thanks for your comment, Mindquake.  Yes, this winter has been one of the most brutal in years.  I'm in Chicago and it's rough
even for us.  So it's no wonder that seasonal anxiety may be at an all time high.

Several years ago, I suffered from seasonal depression and bought my light box.  But for many of these mild winters,
I haven't even turned the light box on once.  But this winter, I've been in front of my light box for at least 30 minutes a day,
usually in the morning.

MQ, I an sorry for your bouts of loneliness, as anxiety.  I have felt them too this winter.  But I also know how the mind
plays tricks on us.  Once the cloud of anxiety lifts, as it does from time to time, we can see how normal and confident
we really are.  I had moments like that at work today and it was terrific.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: