Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: How many panic attack/day?  (Read 4850 times)

Offline 1Peter5:7

• Rec's: 2
    • Poke This Member
How many panic attack/day?
« on: January 12, 2011, 06:37:06 PM »
On average how many panic attacks do you have per day?      What percent of your day do you have anxiety?
Bookmark and Share

Offline SadDucky

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: How many panic attack/day?
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2011, 06:48:15 PM »
100% anxious. It never stops. Usually I only have 1 panic attack a day with many "close calls" however last night I managed to have 4 hours of back to back panic attacks.  :sick0002: I don't enjoy it.
Bookmark and Share

Offline pippip

• Rec's: 5
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2011, 07:01:59 PM »
Interesting thread, I have always wondered this!!

I usually have one or sometimes 2 a day, but there are days where it will be 3 or more and of course the rare great days where they never come.

I'd say about 80% of my day is anxiety usually burns itself out by late evening.
Bookmark and Share
It's my life
And it's now or never
I ain't gonna live forever
I just want to live while I'm alive
Its my life
My heart is like an open highway
Like Frankie said
I did it my way
I just want to live while I'm alive
'Cause it's my life

Offline Czad

• Rec's: 1
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2011, 07:49:41 PM »
Before I started antidepressants it was constant anxiety with several attacks per day. I can't put a number on it. These days I'd say I'm 90% "normal." I haven't had an all out panic attack in a few months. The anxiety likes to rear it's head every once and a while, but it's manageable.
Bookmark and Share

Offline SadDucky

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2011, 08:27:52 PM »
Czad - seriously? I just started mine and its making everything 1000 times worse but everyone says if i stick it out until I'm use to it ill get better. It's nice to hear a really positive story!!
Bookmark and Share

Offline Cercy

• Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2011, 08:50:44 PM »
I second that- when I'm on the right anti depressant it's like I'm practically 'normal'. I'm not taking any atm and considering going on them again.

As it is it's constant anxiety with some pretty heavy panic attacks about my pet fear two or three times a day.
Bookmark and Share

Offline MidnightRun

• Be happy for this moment.This moment is your life.
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2011, 09:59:30 PM »
100% anxious. It never stops. Usually I only have 1 panic attack a day with many "close calls" however last night I managed to have 4 hours of back to back panic attacks.  :sick0002: I don't enjoy it.

I could have written this myself  :(  I am 100% anxious most hours of the day.  Even woke up at 2.30 a.m. last night lest my body miss a panic attack opportunity in the dead of the night. 

Lately, my panic is followed by an hour of uncontrollable sobbing.  Sheer dread and desperation.

I am really struggling this winter and there doesn't seem to be an end in sight  :traurig001:
Bookmark and Share

Offline Czad

• Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2011, 10:49:03 PM »
Czad - seriously? I just started mine and its making everything 1000 times worse but everyone says if i stick it out until I'm use to it ill get better. It's nice to hear a really positive story!!

If you just started meds than that's totally normal. A common side effect can actually be increased anxiety. Just hang in there, and you should start feeling better. How long have you been on them? It can take as long as 4-6 weeks before you get the full effect.
Bookmark and Share

Offline 1Peter5:7

• Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2011, 10:57:47 PM »
I hear people that have panic attacks, but I always think I am on the severe side. I'm anxious about 95% of the day. At times I stand up while eating because I'm just anxious. People call it anxiousness but it's more just fear almost all the time. I get panic attacks 2 to 6 times per day.
Bookmark and Share

Offline SadDucky

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2011, 11:39:45 PM »
Czad - Today is only day 5 and I haven't taken it yet today cause I don't know if I can deal with another night like last night. NONE of my couping methods worked and the panic attacks felt completely different than my usual ones which made it scarier.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Czad

• Poke This Member
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2011, 02:21:05 AM »
That sucks SadDucky. Day 5 is still early though. If you don't start feeling better soon you can always give your doctor a call. You may just need a different pill. Some people have to try a few different brands before they find one that works. I've been on mine for almost a year now, and my doctor is wanting to start weaning me off 'em. I'd love to not have to take them anymore but I'm so nervous about the whole process. I'm worried the anxiety will come back with a vengeance.

Whatever happens just hang in there, and don't give up. Find what works.
Bookmark and Share

Offline SadDucky

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2011, 02:24:23 AM »
Thank you. You words are encouraging! I hope that you can get off your meds with minimal effects!

Just a tip. I found a bunch of positive quotes and read them over and over maybe that is something that will help you stay positive during the change and afterwards!
Bookmark and Share

Tags: