Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Anxiety Zone Wire    Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: headache, neck pain, i think its brain tumor !  (Read 6390 times)

Offline John19a

• Rec's: 1
    • Poke This Member
headache, neck pain, i think its brain tumor !
« on: January 10, 2011, 11:03:33 PM »
Since last week I started having a headache. About a day after I developed the headache I started having a weird sensation in my neck. More like a pain I have never experienced. Kind of like a tired muscle feeling. Since last week I have had the headache and neck pain is much worse radiating from the back of my head (where the two bones at the back of the head are) to my shoulders. The headache seems to be worse in the morning when I wake up and is not a constant headache. It comes and goes during the day but is at worse in the mornings and at night. I also feel nauseous a lot of times not sure if it could be related to the headache or not. The neck pain is also more like a burning type of pain. The pain gets worse when I yawn. If I touch the space between the two bones at back of my head it starts hurting. When i also turn my head far to right/left i feel pain in my shoulder area. I canít really think of any other symptoms I might have. I have done an MRI from my neck 2 years ago and a CT scan from my head (no dye was used). They both came back normal. Iím very worried about having a brain tumor. Does it sound like a brain tumor or could I just be suffering from tension headaches and tight neck muscles?  I'm freaking out !
Bookmark and Share

Offline Prewilson15

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: headache, neck pain, i think its brain tumor !
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2011, 12:51:47 AM »
It sounds like tension headaches because I'm going through the same thing!

Paula
Bookmark and Share

Offline smmaho

• Rec's: 4
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2011, 01:54:38 AM »
I have been through this scenario countless times this year and am sort of going through it now. I get really bad headaches that just linger and linger as well as a stiff neck and shoulders. Whenever this happens I go to the physio and they tell me that my muscles are really tight. When i think about the headaches then guess what they get worse or don't go away and the same goes with nausea if i start to think hmmm i feel a bit sick then all of a sudden i feel like im going to vomit but never do!

Unfortunately with us it is all in our heads which is obvious but we don't believe it. Even I can say that yes its all in your head or vice versa but as soon as i get a headache i think brain tumour!

I have found that doing pilates once a week really helps and try my best not to think about it. My headaches always seem to start when im either bored and have nothing to occupy my time with, when i have had a bad nights sleep or when i suddenly think of a new symptom and think that i have cancer or something.

I know exactly what your going through. Try some simple stretches by putting your ear to your shoulder on both sides.

Sarah
Bookmark and Share

Offline diana66

• Rec's: 2
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2011, 07:01:46 AM »
Pain when you yawn (or open your mouth wide) sounds like it could be related to TMJ - have you heard of that?  If there is a misalighment of your jaw (not the technical def of TMJ but close enough) it can cause that type of pain.  It also causes headaches in the morning, due to grinding of teeth at night.  Do you ever hear a click when you open your mouth really wide?
Bookmark and Share

Offline sixpack

• Rec's: 197
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2011, 07:50:20 AM »
with my familial experience with brain tumors, your issues sound nothing like a brain tumor.
Bookmark and Share
MOST anxiety happens at the subconscious level.  JUST because you don't feel consciously anxious or had a day or two of calm doesn't mean your mind & body are relaxed.  It can take months of reduced anxiety before a body goes back to a more non-reactive state. 

Offline scallyali

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2011, 12:52:04 PM »
I am also experiencing similar symptoms swell as numbness and pins and needles in my arms and legs . I recently went to see a chiropractor who said I had a curved spine. That one of my shoulders were higher than the other but that may b due to the way I have been holding my neck and shoulders. But I am very tense and have several knots..... Which are sooo painful! I also fainted just over 4 and ago and went to see a neurologist beg of the wk who has requested n mri scan due to me feeling dizzy and the sensations im getting in my legs and being very off balance. I am hoping it is muscular which the chiropractor is suggeating. I do sympathise tho muscle spasms in ur head at the base of your skull really hurt. I do hope you manage to get a diagnosis but im sure this is tension :-)
Bookmark and Share

Tags: