Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Extremely wierd thoughts scaring the crap out of me, losing my mind!  (Read 3449 times)

Offline gdaversa19

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Im currently on lexapro and kpin daily. I started having ocd'ish intrusive thoughts that i really dont know the people in my life. Are my parents really my parents? Where am I? I feel as if im losing my mind and want to go to a mental hospital. My parents tell me to relax an just realize its anxiety. Im so terrified! I talk to my psychologist tomorrow. My question i guess is how can u tell anxious thoughts from actual psychosis because i feel like im losing my identity and everything i question? How can ocd/anxiety get so bad? I wonder if they have inpatient facilities for anxiety and depression, any info would be nice.

Greg
Bookmark and Share

Offline kaptinkurk

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Extremely wierd thoughts scaring the crap out of me, losing my mind!
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2010, 12:22:33 AM »
I right there with you. I have not had the exact same thoughts but the intrusive thoughts that i have occasionally are very scary. I understand your pain. I usually can feel better when i concentrate on something else, or sometimes ill sit down and just think about my thoughts. I tell my self that what im thinking isnt true or real and its not going to happen. I think to my self how silly it is that i am having these thoughts. Try some of these tactics and just try your hardest to rationalize with yourself that you are perfectly OK. Best of luck to you!
Bookmark and Share

Offline sweetnspunky

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Calm
    Calm
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2010, 12:47:13 AM »
I also have thoughts like these. I actually have thoughts that I am in another world and these people that I know are not the people I once knew. Its very scary! It is part of depersonalization I believe. You know you are not crazy because if you were you wouldn't even have the capacity to ask about your mental health. Just know you are not alone and these thoughts are just apart of anxiety trying to mess with you.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Smoky Jo

• Rec's: 6
  • Mood: Happy
    Happy
  • Tatoo Artist
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2010, 11:44:11 AM »
Hello,  :action-smiley-065:  :action-smiley-065:

Maybe you will think then, that there is something really
wrong with you and that it is not only anxiety at work.
You may get the idea that there is no solution for you.
But you will be fine! You have to give yourself some time
to recover, and your feeling of alienation will also dissolve
if you just give it enough time. Don't let your current feelings
and condition fool you!
Bookmark and Share
Let Fear help cure yourself...It will tell you what is worst for you...Do It !!

Offline Daisy131

• Rec's: 6
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2010, 08:01:12 AM »
i agree with the above poster even though i have a really hard time swallowing it myself. if i was really losing my mind, i would not have the capacity to truly know it. that's what my psych tells me anyways. i'm trying to believe her,

i think what you are feeling is depersonalization- a detachment from everything and it's causing your mind to think up some crazy stuff. it's amazing what the mind will come up with when it is anxious, and what it will cause you to believe.
Bookmark and Share

Offline andrea34

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
I know how you feel. I get scary thoughts just like that. I fear that I'll be with people I know and then suddenly worry that I'm not really who I am or something along those lines. It scares me. It starts a very vicious cycle and then my thoughts snowball.
Bookmark and Share

Offline gtripoli

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2014, 06:42:09 PM »
I usually can feel better when i concentrate on something else, or sometimes ill sit down and just think about my thoughts. I tell my self that what im thinking isnt true or real and its not going to happen. I think to my self how silly it is that i am having these thoughts. Try some of these tactics and just try your hardest to rationalize with yourself that you are perfectly

Everything suggested in this post qualifies as a compulsion. Indulging in these things only serves to strengthen unwanted thoughts. Your thoughts are just data, and do not have the power you assume they have. Who you are is not generated by thoughts. Who you are is something much more than that.

Please look into CBT and ERP. It will really help gain the right perspective on the relationship you have with your own mind.
Bookmark and Share

Offline healyshouse

• Rec's: 3
  • Mood: Happy
    Happy
  • you cant control the future so dont try
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2014, 04:16:26 AM »
Its all anxiety dude.. i used to have thoughts like am i really here could this be the matrix lol

think about it this way, people who are having a psychotic episode dont know there are, they believe 100% what is happening to them is real.

the mere fact that you are questioning it tells me its anxiety and that you have a fear of going insane.

stop questioning the thoughts let them be there with no resistance,

the way you feel will be down to depersonalisation (google it and it will explain what it is and will explain why you feel weird)

it is the need to questions the thoughts change the way we feel that makes us worse,]

the best saying i have ever heard is.... you will never get better until you stop trying to get better, "paul david at last a life"

there is loads a pages on web giving advise on anxiety offering treatments for this and that dont listen its a waste of money there is no miracle cure, the only person that can help you get better is you, google anxiety no more that should give you some uselful info.

best of luck
Bookmark and Share
" you will never get better until you stop trying to get better" By Paul David author of " at last a life"

Offline gtripoli

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2014, 01:48:38 PM »
you will never get better until you stop trying to get better

So true! Yet, so difficult.
Bookmark and Share

Offline losing grip

• Just Joined!
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2014, 10:58:35 PM »
I was also on lexapro and hydroxozine daily the hydroxizine would help with anxiety attacks alittle bit but it didnt stop the thoughts, i found out alittle down the road that the constant weird out of nowhere thoughts were ocd, so then i went back on prozac and im just in a bad situation so far even though it is supposed to help ocd more, but the thoughts are also something bad i am going through right now:(
Bookmark and Share

Offline bellasmommy24

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2014, 03:40:44 AM »
howdy,

I can usually tell when im having ocd thoughts. I get very anxious, and feel that I dont think as rationally as I usually do. ive had all sorts of obsessions and I can tell you it will get better. I usually have to talk to my parents when Im going through an obessiom or complusion. they help me realize when im having an oc moment. they dont understand what im going through but they try to see things from my description of ocd. I think we all go through times where we feel like its never going to get better but it will. just takes patience.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: