Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Scared about pressure in arm and hand.  (Read 13797 times)

Offline LetyBunny

• Rec's: 0
    • Poke This Member
Scared about pressure in arm and hand.
« on: March 06, 2007, 08:11:10 PM »
Hi there, this is Letybunny's boyfriend posting here, she's a lil too scared to.  Wanted to know if anyone else out there notices pressure in their arm/hand when they are sitting down and let their arm hang down to the side.  It feels like when you get your blood pressure checked and they put the band on your arm, it makes your arm/hand feel tight with pressure.  I know she's had blood tests around 10 months ago that came out fine.  Her blood pressure was fine.  Heart rate was fine.  She is just really freaking out about this, so much so that she didn't want to post about it.

Thanks.
Bookmark and Share

Offline ashmo918

• Poke This Member
Re: Scared about pressure in arm and hand.
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2007, 10:10:39 PM »
ive been getting arm tinglyness lately in my left arm. it scared me really really bad which made my anxiety flare up and essentially made it worse. the more i got my mind off of it, it went away. i just tried to focus on the fact that its not my heart and since shes had blood tests done, im sure shes fine. unless there are other pressing symptoms involved, id just try some relaxation techniques. i know its not that easy, im an anxiety sufferer, but take it step by step.

hope she's feeling better :-*
Bookmark and Share

Offline there_there

• Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2007, 10:14:32 PM »
Absolutely! It's down to STRESS, STRESS, STRESS. Over the past few months I've found out that merely thinking about something can affect very real changes / sensations / appearances in your body. Especially if it's the arm hanging by your side, I wouldn't worry about it, just blood flow - like if you swing your arms around and the hands go sort of speckly. I had this worry myself, and it came to absolutely nothing. No worries.
Bookmark and Share

Offline LetyBunny

• Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2007, 12:12:01 AM »
Thanks for the responses.  She isn't really too scared of the tingly feelings. She's more worried about the tight pressure sorta feeling.  Wondering if anyone's felt that particular feeling, or if it's nothing to worry about.

Thanks again.  :happy0151:
Bookmark and Share

Offline jenny649

• Rec's: 1
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2007, 06:21:09 PM »
I had that before, and I went to the doctor crying because I thought I had MS. I'm still here though, it's just anxiety, try and relax.
Bookmark and Share
"I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it." --Groucho Marx

Offline Dave89

• Hypochondria/anxiety/depression sufferer
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2007, 08:44:23 PM »
DEFENATLY. I get pressure too in my head. I also feel liek my arms are a little heavy or too light. Its normal!
Bookmark and Share
Raging Hypochondriac

Tags: