Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: heartburn or what? totally freaking out.  (Read 2728 times)

Offline goingcrazy1

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
heartburn or what? totally freaking out.
« on: August 31, 2010, 02:31:03 AM »
So, today i drank a twisted sweet tea, i noticed instant heartburn type sensation right afterward something ive had when drinking this type of drink Smirnoff ice etc. not with beer though but so i just was kinda dealing with it for a few hours finally decided to take some tums about 4 hours into it. didnt help, i notice the pain when im laying down or moving around more, also breathing hurts quite a bit. i have felt short on breath and light headed since i started getting anxious about it. i was just trying to go to sleep and i was laying down and felt a weird sensation like a radiating pain from my sternum to my right shoulder, i instatnly jumped up and started freaking out then my stomach started hurting once i started standing up. ive taken 7 tums or so today and havent really gotten any realif. im starting to freak out and was considering going to the er since im scared im going to die in my sleep or something.

by the way i am 19 year old male.

does this just sound like heartburn to you all? im really starting to freak out about this. sorrry about my spelling errors im in panic mode.
Bookmark and Share

Offline teeps

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: heartburn or what? totally freaking out.
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2010, 07:41:35 AM »
my brother only gets heartburn from alchol . it does sound like heartburn and 19 would be very young for it to be anything else and your anxiety and panic would be making the heartburn worse aswell. however if you feel that it is worse then normal if you went to the er they would atleast give you something that would stop it straight away.
Bookmark and Share

Offline MissJennayee

• Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2010, 08:12:18 AM »
Oddly enough, sweet tea gives me awful heart burn. I was just talking about it yesterday, and liquor does too. Especially malt liquor. Hurts so bad all throughout my stomach, arms, and neck to the point where I HAVE to lay down.
It's just indigestion, you probably have a small peptic ulcer ( like I do ) that's why I think things like that cause me so much pain. I especially can't drink fountain drinks ( like from restaurants ) that's what gets me the worst as well as my dad.  It's nothing to worry about, buy some over the counter Zantac 150 and Mylanta, the two work wonders for me.
Bookmark and Share

Offline ecarrell1983

• Just Joined!
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2011, 05:13:02 AM »
My sister used to have heartburn too. She can hardly sleep at night and she wakes up often - even I lack some sleep because she sleeps in the lower bunk and whenever she wakes up she makes all this noise - complaining about it. We finally had her shut up using some conventional medicine for heartburn remedies. She's taking meds now for almost 5 months and she rarely gets heartburn attacks now.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: