Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Magnesium Deficiency and Anxiety  (Read 5215 times)

Offline Love2Sk8

• Rec's: 0
    • Poke This Member
Magnesium Deficiency and Anxiety
« on: April 21, 2010, 12:43:58 AM »
I recently saw a naturopathic doctor and they recommended magnesium homeopathic treatment to help with my anxiety.

I'm not sure I believe in homeopathy in general. There is a lot of criticism regarding homeopathy out there in the world. But this has led me to a book titled The Magnesium Miracle that has a whole chapter devoted to the relationship between magnesium deficiency and anxiety & depression. It also says that mag deficiency can lead to pre-eclampsia during pregnancy (and I had a serious bout of that illness with my last pregnancy).

Has anyone else been told about this correlation or explored this possibility?

Best wishes,
Anna
Bookmark and Share

Offline furryballys

• Poke This Member
Re: Magnesium Deficiency and Anxiety
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2010, 03:04:47 AM »
Hi Anna,

I started taking magnesium supplements not too long ago, maybe a few months ago the most. This correlation you speak about is pretty well known to health nuts and not so well known to everyday modern day people - lol, that's why there's naturopathic doctors to be thankful for! I read about it on the internet being beneficial to anxiety, so, heck, why not. I'm a homeopathic believer and stand behinds it's philosophy which is to help the body boost it's natural ability to heal itself without suppressing the symptoms of an illness. So, you've got nothing to loose really, unless you're taking medications...which are known to interact with a lot of natural supplements.

Anyways, magnesium is good for you. It's found in dark leafy green veggies and nuts, so, we're suppose to eat this stuff every day to help us stay healthy, so, there's nothing wrong in taking extra supplements, hence, the word supplement.

Oh, something really good you should look up is called Natural Calm. It's a magnesium drink...it tastes pretty good, nothing heavy, pretty light. I just started using it instead of my big magnesium horse pills...lol, i choke easily on big pills, they make me nervous, and i find it very relaxing and soothing and enjoyable.

Hope this helps.

Good luck!
Bookmark and Share
"Looking forward hopefully with confidence is tremendous help. It draws you past the yesterdays, past today, past the tomorrows until you find recovery." - Dr. Claire Weekes

Offline Daisy131

• Rec's: 6
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2010, 08:36:05 AM »
natural calm is FANTASTIC! it's mag citrate, and it basically evens out the amount of calcium and magnesium in your body (they need each other, but i think calcium absorption depletes magnesium, thus why people have deficiencies a lot). there are a few flavors- i prefer the raspberry lemon, but be warned: it can also act as somewhat of a laxative, so start light and move from there. i take it before i go to bed, and it truly does help calm me down. i drink it warm, but you can take it anyway you like.

i read up a lot on magnesium as well, and was amazed on what all it helps. it's esp important for those pesky heart palps (it helps with muscles somehow)
Bookmark and Share

Offline esiumlements

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2010, 03:29:51 AM »
 Magnesium is central to the nutrient that the body requires for your muscle tissue, bone fragments, center, anxiety as well as defense mechanisms to work correctly. Magnesium is central to the nutritional that must definitely be supplied by this diet. Dieting lower in magnesium, particular medicines as well as health conditions may cause the insufficiency. If you’re prone to the insufficiency, magnesium supplements will help you obtain the correct amount associated with every day magnesium. Nevertheless, higher dosages associated with magnesium may place you in danger of severe unwanted effects, therefore speak to your physician before you take Magnesium supplements.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: