Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Introduce Yourself  (Read 5158 times)

Offline KittyofDarkness

• Just Joined!
  • Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Introduce Yourself
« Reply #75 on: September 16, 2013, 01:30:44 PM »
Hi everyone!  I'm 49, mother one, and in addition to anxiety have been diagnosed bi-polar.  Been dealing with it all since I was a kid, though they didn't have names for it back then.  Have dealt with anxiety for so long and my go-to used to be alcohol.  I don't drink any more (except on very rare occasions), but still trying to cope with anxiety.  I have had a lot of life changes the past couple of years and I've kind of been a wreck.  Tried medicating the anxiety (with doctor) but it wasn't working.  I'm currently not taking any type of medication.  Right now my anxiety is so bad, I have become housebound.  I don't feel safe except at home.  It's a terrible feeling. Ugh.  I just want to meet and make friends with others going through the same sort of issues.  It's a lonely spot to be in and I would give anything to feel "normal."
Bookmark and Share

Offline anxious_man

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #76 on: September 16, 2013, 04:50:35 PM »
Hello. I'm a forty seven year old man. I live in the UK. I have OCD. My compulsive behaviour helps to keep the worst of my anxiety at bay but the price I pay is a very restricted life. I'm hear to communicate with others who have anxiety disorders so that I don't feel so lonely.
Bookmark and Share

Offline lil_devil

• Just Joined!
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #77 on: December 08, 2013, 04:30:26 PM »
Hi all, I'm 32 years old well just turned 32, I have suffered from anxiety for about 5-6yrs now.  I have 2 children both girls 14 and 9.  I had a stillbirth between them which was a boy and unsure weather this was the trigger to the start of my anxiety.  Have been on medication and had counseling done but when I first started getting the symptoms I thought I was dyeing that there was something wrong with me medically,  I have had a fear of dying and didn't help I went to the doctor and he never could tell me what it was, it wasn't till he left and I got a new doctor I found out what I had have only known for about 3 years now.  I am managing to control it better than what I did but it still scares me I always know when one is coming.  Im not a heavy drinker i drink now and then but if I do have a good night out my anxiety plays up for about 2 days after and not worth even drinking in the first place, im ok if i just have a couple.  This is the first page i have joined about this and I done it so I still know im not the only one out there in the world suffering from this horrible thing.  I look forward to chatting to you all and feel free to contact me  :action-smiley-065:
Bookmark and Share

Offline 123anxious123

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #78 on: January 07, 2014, 09:15:54 PM »
Hello Everyone!!  I'm Cindy and have suffered from anxiety for as long as I can remember.  I have never been officially diagnosed with an anxiety disorder, simply because I haven't gone to seek the diagnosis.  I have Xanax here from my doctor that I take occasionally to sleep.  But I only maybe take 5 pills a year.  My anxiety comes and goes and it streams around health issues.  If I see that my son isn't growing exactly two inches a year or more, I automatically think he can have a tumor prohibiting his growth - this happens with every symptom that may come up for any of us.  I stay up late and wake up early and obsess about everything.  My husband is a Saint to put up with me.  I wish I can just be laid back and relax - but I simply can't.  You would think I would love to work out with all of this pent up anxious energy, but I never want to do anything.  I get tired when I run, o I have convinced myself that I have a condition that prohibits me from strenuous exercise.  I am not overweight by the way.  Anyway, there I am.  Thanks for listening.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Alexis999

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #79 on: January 23, 2014, 04:00:00 PM »
Hi Everyone!

I am a writer from Toronto, Canada. I suffer from anxiety and obsessive thoughts for 2 years now. I take Ativan but it doesn't always work when faced with extremely stressful situations. Hoping to find like-minded souls to share with on this site.

Thanks and hope to chat soon...
Bookmark and Share

Offline toomuchworry

• Just Joined!
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #80 on: January 23, 2014, 07:16:39 PM »
I'd like to remain anonymous so for here I'm "Fred".
I've been carefree and happy (mostly illness free) for 26 lovely years, then in September last year, I became Ill, I had blood pressure readings upto 230/100, horrible chest pain, one of my ankles swoll up and I apparently burst a blood vessel as it went purple, palpitations, and a feeling of pressure inside my head and neck. After many tests - diagnosis - anxiety and standing up too long (this is a diagnosis made on a guy who used to run 15 miles a week, and train anywhere between 4-10 times.)
I tried to accept this, but not before an MRI and about 7 ECG's two full blood workups. I had made myself ill that time, I was doing things to enhance my athletic performance I shouldn't have been. Now some 4 months on - I'm terrified of everything. In my defense I have 3 lumps which have appeared out of nowhere on my chest. Doc says they're mobile and "unlikely to be cancerous". "Great" I thought unlikely is just what I need to hear, I have also had a residual headache, since the first bout of illness. I have at best 2 hours without it. but it always comes back - diagnosis - chronic tension type headache.
Now every day is haunting, every tingle is a blood clot, the headache is a stroke waiting to happen, any pain in my chest is a heart attack or pulmonary embolism, jaw pain -heart attack, arm hurts- heart attack. bang my knee - my blood is going to clot because it things there's been trauma, this will travel to my lung/brain/heart, ill be dead in a couple hours - I've been saying goodbye to my family, writing notes when they're out and I have a pain or headache. I know I'm worrying too much, but why wont the headache go away, why does it get worse with excercise, why did I have a sharp pain on inhaling this morning for an hour? Do I have a real clotting problem? Why do I have and earache? brain cancer? intracranial pressure? my arm hurts again! and my knee. blood pressure checked - 120/60
went to the gym worked out  panicked half way through - call an ambulance I ask the instructor. Very embarrassing.
went to the gym a month later, why is my hand swollen and tingling - "can you check my bp please?" ....135/66 very good for mid workout. please check the other arm? same....(in my head "maybe i'm leaking fluid from a vein, that would lower BP -clotting problem -  going to die)
I've now become vegan (I was already lactose and gluten intolerant) In an effort to prevent clots and atheroslerosis.
Pain in my tummy today - (appendicitis I imagine)
noticing moles seem to be growing - skin cancer
lump on my back next to my spine, no colour, no redness, no soreness - Back cancer.
Got to go on a driving course after I overtook a police car and an ambulance as I drove myself to the hospital after jarring my neck and "popped carotid artery)
toes went numb during training - blood clot- gonna die
my friend scratched me sparring also today - ran out and washed with antibacterial soap to stop necritising fascitis, a resistant strain of a common bacteria.
Cant have sex with my (very beautiful 21 year old blonde stunnning) girlfriend because worried about what I've read about people having a thunderclap headache and dying during orgasm, cant shower in hot water, cant have a bath.
We went away to a spa last weekend to relax- refused to swim sauna or steam room for most of the trip incase I had hypertensive crisis. (I forced myself to for half an hour on the last day but spend 45 minutes laying very still after to make sure I was ok - nearly called an ambulance)
Did I mention I study medical science - I need assistance!!
 take codiene painkillers a few times a week when its bad before bed to stop random blood pressure rises killing me in my sleep.
Think I'm going insane - worst three -four months of my life.
still, i've probably never been healthier, perfect diet - 3 cups of green tea a day, moderate excercise, bought a bp monitor today over the interneet and pule monitor watch, trying to find an implant that will alert emergency services if my heart stops.

Through all this - I keep having palpitations, I STILL have a headache, I really did have a sharp pain in my chest this morning for 2hours which got worse on inhaling, my friends say I look pale all the time, my toes did turn blue today (during excercise) but I'm afrad to go to the docs. they cant stand the sight of me now.

Forgive me if this sounds erratic, life seems that way atm.

so there - nice to meet you :)
Fred
Bookmark and Share

Offline Jamie76

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #81 on: January 24, 2014, 12:33:58 AM »
Hello, my name is Jamie. I have suffered with anxiety/panic attacks for many years, never once talked with anyone as far as the medical field is concerned over it, other than Gp, just wanted to see what others go through. It is to the point to where I am in a constant state of panic, I am a severe germ freak.
Bookmark and Share

Offline LMHamel

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #82 on: January 24, 2014, 01:16:41 PM »
Hi my name is Lisa and I am 49.  I never realized that I actually had anxiety till my mom died 1 year ago.  Since that life changing event,  I am not dealing well at all with any type of change.  We got a new puppy and my anxiety level is so far over the roof.  Just this small change to my schedule is rocking my world.  I am seeing someone and I am hoping that it will be helpful.
Bookmark and Share

Offline angel1060

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #83 on: April 17, 2014, 05:54:28 PM »
my name is Kristi, 54 years old, bipolar, anxiety and panic attacks, now I seem to be suffering wiith insomnia. take lots of meds. was diagnosed over 20 years ago now
Bookmark and Share

Offline eechypine

• Just Joined!
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #84 on: April 17, 2014, 08:15:52 PM »
Hi My name is Kristen, I am a 35 year old Mom. I have been dealing with anxiety for as long as I can remember. Mainly I am terrified of death, my own and the people in my family. Its pretty much always on my mind. I take Prozac for OCD and Buspirone for anxiety but it really doesn't do much. I would love to let it go but just can not seem to. I look forward to sharing and chatting with everyone..
Bookmark and Share

Offline whatswrong

• Just Joined!
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #85 on: April 18, 2014, 03:01:02 AM »
22 years old, female, student, going through a rough time and looking forward to meeting new people and getting through this together! :)
Bookmark and Share

Offline Dgirl1967

• Just Joined!
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #86 on: April 20, 2014, 02:02:15 AM »
Hi everyone! New here my first post  ;D
I'm a 46 year old female. I come from a long line of mental health issues and my father suffered from crippling anxiety and depression. My first "episode" started when I was in grade school. My parents were getting divorced. LOTS of family trauma. Would wake up every morning with stomach aches and didn't want to go to school. Tons of stuff happened over the next few years and finally was diagnosed with school phobia. I've managed it off and on my whole life but recently it has gotten very bad. I'm having a really bad time at night. Not sleeping and self medicating which I dont want to do. So scared I'm going to end up like my dad. Gerd is off the charts with this which makes me panic more lol. It's a horrible circle isn't it  :(
But I'm glad I came across this site and have looked through some posts and am amazed that I'm not the only one who feels that,experiences that,lives like this. Thanks everyone for sharing and I'm looking forward to reading and posting. Good luck and peaceful thoughts for all of us!  :action-smiley-065:
Bookmark and Share

Offline Revenga1979

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Introduce Yourself - New to the Forum and Anxiety Disorders
« Reply #87 on: May 06, 2014, 01:10:31 PM »
Hi Everyone,

I am brand new to this forum, but also to anxiety disorders. Firstly I'd like to say hello to everyone.

Some Background on me:

I have a meeting with my Dr. Tomorrow for official diagnosis and treatment, but really haven't been doing so good.  I've always had an issue with stressing and worrying.  I worry everyday all the time for as many years as I can remember.  My mother was an abusive person in my childhood though my dad was great.  Also was in a severely abusive marriage for 8 years before gathering the strength to bail.  I'm sure these things probably contribute to my anxiety, but not sure of the exact cause.

About 5 years ago I started developing what I suspect are OCD habits.  I continually check that I have locked my car, if I can't remember whether I locked it I must immediately check or I will obsess and worry until I do.
After that I developed some kind of subconscious "bad habit" where I chew on the ends of my hair without realizing it (gross I know, so embarrassing).

I continually ignored it or didn't consider it an issue I guess until recently.

I am now in a great new relationship (well about 5 years now).  My boyfriend is sweet and wonderful, supportive and never gives me any reason to doubt or worry. Well his brother is getting married and decided that his bachelor party should be a week long affair in Mexico.  Since he also went through a horrible Divorce and only recently having to stop pay his ex which also meant no longer communicating with her, I agreed that he deserved a nice break and a treat and supported him going.

Problem is that with each passing day as that departure date gets closer I literally feel like I'm panicking.  I really honestly feel like I'm having a nervous breakdown.  I'm not hungry so I have to force myself to eat.  I can't sleep, I wake up with anxiety and start crying. I obsess every second of the day about him leaving.  I can't think clearly at work.  I can't think period.  My brain just seems intent of focusing on the fact he is leaving this weekend for a week and he won't be there.

I don't understand it at all, I don't fear the things normal girls do like that he will cheat.  He's been a loyal loving person to me for 5 years, I don't worry about that even now on a day to day basis. I want to be supportive, I want him to have fun and then come home and be happy to see me.  But I just keep losing it.  the very word Mexico or trip sets me off, a picture online of a resort sets me off, everything sets me off.  I can't stop dwelling on him being gone for a week. 
I'm not sure what aspect is scary to me about this.  I really don't.  He told me flat out he loves me now, he will love me while he's gone and when he comes home, that he will be faithful to me and that I have absolutely nothing to be anxious about and that he can't imagine his life without out.  Still I panick.  I say panick because I truly feel like I am panicking.
What if's constantly circling in my mind that I can't seem to stop no matter how hard I try even though I know that it's anxiety talking and not me.  That the what ifs make no sense based on the facts.  I try and focus on the facts of all this but I can't its what if what if what if.
I'm not entirely convinced that I can make it through this week without him, he's my support and the only one I have.  I want so badly to be strong but I can't.

I had a phobia a few years ago and also this winter.  It was driving on highways, I managed to overcome it on my own by repeatedly make myself face my fear.  I had the same thing this winter with the having to drive in blizzards and the like to get home, I had no choice but to face it.... but didn't help my phobia at all, anxious and scared the entire drive, the several times I was stuck.  I made it alive but this didn't see to matter in my mind.

And now this....I don't know what to do I feel frustrated with myself, terrified he will get fed up of my crap and I just want to feel normal.

Anyone have this experience or advice? Anything you can do to help is so greatly appreciated.  Meanwhile...Dr time tomorrow.
Bookmark and Share