Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Anxiety Zone Wire    Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Introduce Yourself  (Read 2195 times)

Offline emilywmily

• Just Joined!
  • Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Introduce Yourself
« Reply #30 on: December 05, 2013, 04:41:47 PM »
Im Emily. Im 14. I have generalaized anxiety disorder and Bipolar Disorder.
Bookmark and Share

Offline pburr35

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #31 on: December 13, 2013, 12:11:36 AM »
i have never been put on medicind but i focus on the word of god and it seems to help with calming my heart rate down i tend to watch things i think i funny or play video games that are competitive to help but i think inam getting better.

Amen! Sometimes I think my anxiety is God's way of pulling me back close to him when I start straying off.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Rohini Muthuraman

• Just Joined!
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #32 on: February 19, 2014, 05:55:13 AM »
Hi everyone,
I am Rohini, 25, from India. i am having Anxiety Issues for 2 years after my mom's death. Please extend your suppory to guide me. Thank you. :laugh3:
Bookmark and Share

Offline houstonman

• Just Joined!
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #33 on: March 31, 2014, 10:00:55 PM »
I am 47 and was diagnosed in 1997 with GAD and OCD.  It was a very dark time in my life. I was 30 and my career was moving well. My wife is/was a housewife and our two girls were 2 and 4 at the time.  I saw my Grand dad die and we were beginning to struggle financially.  It started with insomnia. I went for 2 days without sleeping and went to my boss to tell them something was wrong. I started having panic attacks and was crying at the drop of a hat.  I was taken off work by the doctor and was diagnosed with severe depression, gad and ocd.  They tried many different meds at the time and counseling. I was on zoloft, serzone, lexapro, buspar, xanax and paxil (all at different times until they got the combination right).  I returned to work after being off six weeks.

I should preface this with the fact I had other trials with anxiety prior to 1997 (beginning at about age 19 or 20) but really did not know what was going on.  I remember getting obsessed with stuff like whether my baptism at 16 was valid or not, blasphemy of the Holy Spirit, sexual anxiety when I was married at 25, etc. These anxieties and obsessions would go away after a time. I suppose I worked through them somehow. 

I have to say that the years of struggling must have culminated in 1997's episode. Although it was a horrible time in my life, I am thankful it happened as I finally knew what was wrong.  I have been on buspar pretty much since that time. I tried going without it for a few years but have come to the conclusion I really need it especially at times when the anxiety rears its head.  I can go for months without any issue and then all of the sudden have a recurrence. 

I am glad to find this site. Perhaps we can help one another. It has been a blessing having an identical twin brother that also struggles with the same thing. Although, his struggles are more with OCD - germs and things like that whereas I am more with neatness, everything in order and general anxiety thinking something is wrong with no justification as to why.   
Bookmark and Share

Offline Eileen777

• Just Joined!
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #34 on: May 15, 2014, 02:22:41 PM »
Hi all!  My name is Eileen and I have Severe Anxiety and PTSD.  I am 40 years old and am seeing a therapist to get better!  :action-smiley-065: :spineyes:
Bookmark and Share

Tags: First post new here