Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Introduce Yourself  (Read 2613 times)

Offline emilywmily

• Just Joined!
  • Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Introduce Yourself
« Reply #30 on: December 05, 2013, 04:41:47 PM »
Im Emily. Im 14. I have generalaized anxiety disorder and Bipolar Disorder.
Bookmark and Share

Offline pburr35

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #31 on: December 13, 2013, 12:11:36 AM »
i have never been put on medicind but i focus on the word of god and it seems to help with calming my heart rate down i tend to watch things i think i funny or play video games that are competitive to help but i think inam getting better.

Amen! Sometimes I think my anxiety is God's way of pulling me back close to him when I start straying off.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Rohini Muthuraman

• Just Joined!
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #32 on: February 19, 2014, 05:55:13 AM »
Hi everyone,
I am Rohini, 25, from India. i am having Anxiety Issues for 2 years after my mom's death. Please extend your suppory to guide me. Thank you. :laugh3:
Bookmark and Share

Offline houstonman

• Mood: Energetic
    Energetic
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #33 on: March 31, 2014, 10:00:55 PM »
I am 47 and was diagnosed in 1997 with GAD and OCD.  It was a very dark time in my life. I was 30 and my career was moving well. My wife is/was a housewife and our two girls were 2 and 4 at the time.  I saw my Grand dad die and we were beginning to struggle financially.  It started with insomnia. I went for 2 days without sleeping and went to my boss to tell them something was wrong. I started having panic attacks and was crying at the drop of a hat.  I was taken off work by the doctor and was diagnosed with severe depression, gad and ocd.  They tried many different meds at the time and counseling. I was on zoloft, serzone, lexapro, buspar, xanax and paxil (all at different times until they got the combination right).  I returned to work after being off six weeks.

I should preface this with the fact I had other trials with anxiety prior to 1997 (beginning at about age 19 or 20) but really did not know what was going on.  I remember getting obsessed with stuff like whether my baptism at 16 was valid or not, blasphemy of the Holy Spirit, sexual anxiety when I was married at 25, etc. These anxieties and obsessions would go away after a time. I suppose I worked through them somehow. 

I have to say that the years of struggling must have culminated in 1997's episode. Although it was a horrible time in my life, I am thankful it happened as I finally knew what was wrong.  I have been on buspar pretty much since that time. I tried going without it for a few years but have come to the conclusion I really need it especially at times when the anxiety rears its head.  I can go for months without any issue and then all of the sudden have a recurrence. 

I am glad to find this site. Perhaps we can help one another. It has been a blessing having an identical twin brother that also struggles with the same thing. Although, his struggles are more with OCD - germs and things like that whereas I am more with neatness, everything in order and general anxiety thinking something is wrong with no justification as to why.   
Bookmark and Share

Offline Eileen777

• Just Joined!
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #34 on: May 15, 2014, 02:22:41 PM »
Hi all!  My name is Eileen and I have Severe Anxiety and PTSD.  I am 40 years old and am seeing a therapist to get better!  :action-smiley-065: :spineyes:
Bookmark and Share

Offline houstonman

• Mood: Energetic
    Energetic
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #35 on: December 31, 2014, 01:11:29 AM »
Hi all!  My name is Eileen and I have Severe Anxiety and PTSD.  I am 40 years old and am seeing a therapist to get better!  :action-smiley-065: :spineyes:
Welcome Eileen! 
Bookmark and Share

Offline Minnike

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #36 on: January 05, 2015, 02:34:03 AM »
Hi there,

My name is Minnike. I am from South Africa and i am 25. I have been "living" with anxiety for about 7 years. After discovering this site, I never knew that my fears had a name or that it was a life long disease. I believe my fears were caused by two events that happened in my life. I battle to sleep at night and always hear things as if someone is trying to get into my house. If that wasnt bad enough, i have the fear of demons or spirits trying to scare or harm me. thankfully I have a husband that loves me and tries to comfort me. He is very supportive but due to financial difficulties, we were never able to take the right steps in solving my problem. At least now i know where to start and can finally seek professional help.

Looking forward to getting help from this group and also helping others where i can!
Bookmark and Share

Offline Treetop

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #37 on: March 04, 2015, 10:46:34 PM »
Hi Everyone,

I was diagnosed with anxiety disorder in 2003. For several years I have been able to manage my anxiety pretty well with medication and occasionally counseling. I experienced a lot of tragedies over the last 5 years. Each years things seem to get worst which increased my anxiety symptoms. Lately, I have been really having more anxiety symptoms than usual. I joined this site to connect with people who understand what it's like living with anxiety. It makes me feel lonely and sad when everyone around me does not understand me when I'm dealing with anxiety issues. I look forward to sharing the challenges and successes I experience with my anxiety disorder in hopes of helping someone and myself improve our ability to live/cope with anxiety.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: First post new here