Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Constant feeling of impending doom...  (Read 7047 times)

Offline heyheather

• Rec's: 0
    • Poke This Member
Constant feeling of impending doom...
« on: January 07, 2010, 01:07:13 AM »
So for the past for the past few months, my fear of death has become much much larger.  I honestly don't know where it came from.  I feel as if I'm soo close to death and its causing me to lose sleep, I'm pretty scared to go to sleep because I'm worried I'll die in my sleep, it's crazy.  I always think I have an undiagnosed disease or something thats going to take my life.  sometimes I think that if I see something about death or hear about another celebrity or anybody dying, then that's a sign that I'm next.  if you guys have these issues please feel free to tell me about it, it would really make me feel much better and maybe even help me sleep tonight.

one more question, does your anxiety/HA make you feel run down and drained?
Bookmark and Share

Offline TastiiCake18

• Poke This Member
Re: Constant feeling of impending doom...
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2010, 02:23:46 AM »
I feel exactly how you have been feeling. It's been like this for about 8 months now. I'm scared I'm going to die and if I hear about someone dying then it's like a sign that I'm going to die or I'm going to be next. It makes me extremely superstitious and anxious. I too find it hard to sleep at night. That's why I'm up now  :( I keep thinking I will die in my sleep or have a heart attack or something. 
Bookmark and Share

Offline emma09

• Rec's: 4
  • What doesnt kill you only makes you stronger (:
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2010, 02:54:34 AM »
Im just starting to get over this after four months of hell. You have to change your thought patterns. Whatever your avoiding dont! Just do it. Have you tried cbt therapy this will help you.
Bookmark and Share
fill your head with niceness and leave the rest :)

Offline terrified1980

• Rec's: 1
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2010, 07:20:49 AM »
I know exactly how you feel too. I have the same exact thoughts and its driving me crazy! I am turning 30 next week and I am afraid and worried about my health and dying. I get these thoughts in my head "if I do this or if I do that I am fgoing to die". I hate that we deal with this but its reassuring that I am not alone. People who I tell just think I am crazy and i know I am not. :(
Bookmark and Share

Offline Jorden_M

• Mood: Exhausted
    Exhausted
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2010, 10:31:22 AM »
yes i feel the same way every day. in fact, b/c my partner said she had a hard time waking me up this morning i have irrational thoughts over it thinking i may not wake up tomorrow morning. hense why i'm awake at 7:30am right now..no sleep yet at all..fabulous aint it? lol. and yes to answer your question anxiety can cause many physical symptoms... your mind can create anything. remember that. you can feel run down, fatigued, it can cause you to feel aches, pains, ect. its no fun.
Bookmark and Share
~To have what you have never had, you must do what you have never done...Let go of the fear~

Offline Reallyworried93

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2014, 06:13:21 AM »
I know this is an old post but this is what I've been getting!!
I even have daydreams about dying which makes me think it's a warning sign that I am dying!!! I don't know what to do :( all day long I just think what if I die, what if I'm dying now... :(
Bookmark and Share

Tags: