Chat Now!   Member Gallery   Anxiety Zone Wire   Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Having a panic attack out of nowhere....  (Read 5050 times)

Offline cbucks2010

• Rec's: 0
    • Poke This Member
Having a panic attack out of nowhere....
« on: October 27, 2009, 01:59:58 AM »
I feel a panic attack coming on....my heart is racing, my breathing is becoming labored, and I am having a hard time sitting still.....I was doing just fine the past 3 days.... and it seems like this came out of nowhere! Just wanted to vent really....once the attack happens in a little bit it'll be over and i can go to sleep...
Bookmark and Share

Offline Slave2Society7

• Just Joined!
  • 27 years of panic and counting....
    • Poke This Member
Re: Having a panic attack out of nowhere....
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2009, 01:17:24 PM »
Ahh, I sympathize with you cbucks, that sounds pretty much how mine come on. I can picture you last night sitting at the computer and you probably could feel the worst of the worst feelings coming your way and just needing to share with someone... ANYONE what you felt because it's so scary alone. :( I don't know what your story is or your past with panic attacks, but I can tell ya that just because you are fine for days or even MONTHS it doesn't mean you won't have panic attacks again. I've had them my whole life and some times I've gone for so long without them that I start to forget what they are like. Then out of the blue I start to get anxiety and it leads to a horrible panic attack! The worst thing is that they come out of nowhere... you can be 100% relaxed with your mind in a peaceful place and they'll still come. Everyone says the trick is to think positively no matter what and to tell yourself that you wont have a panic attack. I still haven't been able to get that to save me yet though... I've been through 100's of attacks and some times STILL believe that I'm dieing! I hate it! So anyway, I feel for ya. Good luck and hang in there!
Colin
Bookmark and Share

Offline arijones1

• Poke This Member
Re: Having a panic attack out of nowhere....
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2009, 01:14:57 AM »
"The worst thing is that they come out of nowhere"
This is not true, and makes people that have this issue helpless, and thus flames on their situation.
It has been proven by David Barlow(the foremost expert on anxiety) that panic attacks have internal or external cues. IE: increased HR, or traffic on highway, that sends initial symptoms, and here is were we have control and why panic attacks are not out of the blue.
If you react to the initial symptoms, with thoughts like OMG i am going to die, further adrenaline with be released, then you will panic.
However, if you react by saying, oh well my hr is up, that's ok, its healthy for my heart to beat fast , like exercise, panic will stop.!
Bookmark and Share

Tags: