Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: floaty feeling  (Read 5419 times)

Offline goingcraaazy

• Just Joined!
  • Rec's: 0
    • Poke This Member
floaty feeling
« on: September 26, 2009, 12:50:18 AM »
Lots of times, whether I'm having a panic attack or not, (and if not, this feeling tends to bring them on) I feel very odd and the only word I can think of to describe it is feeling 'floaty.'  I have read many posts about people feeling detachment/derealization/depersonilization and I am wondering if my feeling quite floaty is the same as their feeling of detachment.  I've never really thought of it as detachment but maybe this is what I'm actually feeling?
Bookmark and Share

Offline darkeye

• Rec's: 2
    • Poke This Member
Re: floaty feeling
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2009, 07:53:47 AM »
Yeah it could be... everyone describes it differently.
I kind of feel like i am not really there in that siutation .. sounds and sights seem strange and i suppose in a way i do feel kind of floaty.. like i am between worlds almost.... really hard to explain.
Take Care D x
Bookmark and Share
Bored of the same four walls, but scared to walk out the front door

Offline esthergreenwood

• Rec's: 1
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2009, 11:49:12 AM »
I think I can relate. I often feel not quite dizzy and not quite lightheaded, but something where I feel like I am ABOUT to feel one of those things. Is that what you mean? If so, I can DEFINITELY relate.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Bama21

• Rec's: 7
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2009, 12:14:15 PM »
Lots of times, whether I'm having a panic attack or not, (and if not, this feeling tends to bring them on) I feel very odd and the only word I can think of to describe it is feeling 'floaty.'  I have read many posts about people feeling detachment/derealization/depersonilization and I am wondering if my feeling quite floaty is the same as their feeling of detachment.  I've never really thought of it as detachment but maybe this is what I'm actually feeling?
Yeah...sounds like it.  Floaty, detached, unreal, etc. 

The reason you feel this way at times when you are NOT having a panic attack is because, with panic/anxiety disorder, we become overly introspective.  All of our emotions and thoughts are focused on ourselves, whether we even cognizantly realize it or not.  If I'm not anxious about something right now, I'm thinking in the back of my mind about WHEN I am going to be anxious about something.  Or analyzing WHY I'm not anxious right now.  Or wondering HOW LONG I'm going to stay calm.  Etc. Etc. 

When we get that way, we don't have any thoughts or emotions to give to anything else.  Hence...we feel removed and disconnected.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Jorden_M

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Exhausted
    Exhausted
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2009, 09:11:14 PM »
yup! thats axactly what depersonalization is. everyone describes it differently though. disrealism, "floaty" as u called it, ect. i personally have only gotten to that extreme once and ALMOST twice but luckily i controlled it before that point. its defiantely a scay sensation.
Bookmark and Share
~To have what you have never had, you must do what you have never done...Let go of the fear~

Offline abaggett2

• Rec's: 1
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2009, 07:35:41 PM »
 ;*)  I absolutley hate this feeling.  I have it sometimes and I feel so dizzy and like i might pass out.  But when I tell myself that it is just an anxiety symptoms and I am not going to let it upset me, it passes.  So, I know that this is just an occurence that happens to anxious people and I do not let it scare me for long! :bigsmile:  I think that it also has to do with those muscles that go down my neck from being so tense. 
Bookmark and Share
Have a blessed day!  God Loves you!

Offline emma09

• Rec's: 4
  • What doesnt kill you only makes you stronger (:
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2009, 04:44:29 AM »
i get like this, but i can shake it off, it deffiantly is a bit freaky
Bookmark and Share
fill your head with niceness and leave the rest :)

Tags: