Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: NERVOUS, UNCOMFORTABLE "ENERGY" RUNNING THROUGH MY BODY  (Read 12046 times)

Offline Joe1234

• Rec's: 0
    • Poke This Member
NERVOUS, UNCOMFORTABLE "ENERGY" RUNNING THROUGH MY BODY
« on: January 22, 2009, 07:39:52 PM »
Here's my problem --- I get this uncomfortable, almost "electrical" ENERGY pulsing through my body, and sometimes I can't get rid of it. During this, it seems that the muscles in my body get very tight, till my whole body is tight, and pulsing with an uncomfortable energy.  I want to feel RELAXED and CALM very badly, but my BODY stays in this "high energy" state.  I don't drink coffee, but I would imagine that this probably feels like a really intense caffiene rush.

CAN ANYBODY RELATE TO THIS? 

OK------ can anybody give me advice on how you have gotten relief from this CRAZY ENERGY.
Again--- I want my muscles to feel relaxed --- I NEED my muscles to feel relaxed.
Please give me any advice you've got.....   (I have tried vigorous exercise, and that doesn't seem to be helping.)

THANK YOU 
Bookmark and Share

Offline sarah78

• Rec's: 1
    • Poke This Member
Re: NERVOUS, UNCOMFORTABLE "ENERGY" RUNNING THROUGH MY BODY
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2009, 08:44:36 PM »
I get this too, its hyperactivity, totally normal..with anxiety of course...

Mine comes and goes..are you on meds?
Bookmark and Share

Offline laa43

• Rec's: 14
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2009, 08:53:48 PM »
Im not sure if its the same thing or not but I get like this like energy feeling that seems to go through my veins when Im really anxious....I think it might be adreneline. A really good book to get is The Anxiety and Phobia Workbook by Bourne. It covers many many topics on anxiety and offers many good relaxation techniques that might help you relax more! And by the way....welcome to the site! Much information here as well as good people to share with. We are glad you are here!! laa43
Bookmark and Share
"What lies behind us and what lies before us are mere trivial things compared to what lies within us"....Emerson

Offline Joe1234

• Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2009, 08:57:44 PM »
No, I'm not on antidepressants.  TWICE in my life, I broke down and tried them -- Zoloft and then years later, Paxil.  Each time was a DISASTER, with my anxiety going out of control. I stayed on them for several weeks as advised, and then was told to get off them, as they obviously weren't working for me.
THe idea of drugs bothers me anyway, because I really HATE side effects .
I do take Xanax on a limited basis, and it sometimes helps.
Are you on any meds?  
Bookmark and Share

Offline sarah78

• Rec's: 1
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2009, 09:11:58 PM »
Just clonazepam right now and only occasionally. I hate the hyper feeling, I talk fast and feel out of control, but again its just a symptom that should go, once the anxiety does. I guess laa is right, its probably adrenaline....have you ever tried the Linden method?
Bookmark and Share

Offline Thatgirlash

• Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2009, 09:29:49 PM »
its all built up adrenaline, try exercise or yoga.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Pan

• Rec's: 63
  • Duirt me leat go raibh me breoite
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2009, 09:51:26 PM »
Here's my problem --- I get this uncomfortable, almost "electrical" ENERGY pulsing through my body, and sometimes I can't get rid of it. During this, it seems that the muscles in my body get very tight, till my whole body is tight, and pulsing with an uncomfortable energy.  I want to feel RELAXED and CALM very badly, but my BODY stays in this "high energy" state.  I don't drink coffee, but I would imagine that this probably feels like a really intense caffiene rush.

CAN ANYBODY RELATE TO THIS? 

OK------ can anybody give me advice on how you have gotten relief from this CRAZY ENERGY.
Again--- I want my muscles to feel relaxed --- I NEED my muscles to feel relaxed.
Please give me any advice you've got.....   (I have tried vigorous exercise, and that doesn't seem to be helping.)

THANK YOU 

Hi Joe.

I have highlighted that specific part of your post as I believe it could well be that because you are rebelling so much against this sensation as thinking of the what if rather then the what is then this will exacerbate the problem for you.

I used to get this an awful lot!  Along with my buzzing twitching I would get this intense rush feeling almost like a surge of energy that would start in my feet and travel all the way up my body to the top of my head.  Rest assured this is a classic sensation of physical anxiety and adrenal burnout.

Try to accept this sensation as something that you will have to live with for this moment of your life...much the same way as you sneeze when you have a cold you have this sensation when your anxiety has become physical...it cannot harm you in anyway and it is futile and ultimately self defeating in letting it worry and eat at you...when you feel the sensation coming just recognise it and then relax and let it wash over you...if you do not react and judge it it will become a lot less powerful as the way you are perceiving it at the moment will only give it credence and hence power.

Your body and mind will re-balance themselves when THEY are good and ready....be prepared to accept that we cannot control everything and not everything will correct itself within the timescale we would necessary like.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Joe1234

• Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2009, 03:06:20 PM »
Thank you.. I will try not focusing on it so much, and not thinking of it as such a horrible thing. You have a good point there --- if I'm totally focused on it and fighting it, I am probably making it worse.
I had a similar thing happening, where I was focusing on my breathing all the time. I felt like I was "taking deeper breaths" than usual and felt there must be something physically wrong with me. The more I fought it and thought about it, the worse it got, till I was near hysteria.

What makes people like us so "inward focused" when everybody else is just out there enjoying life??   It makes me angry that I can't focus on the world around me -- instead I'm always obsessed about my body or some stupid physical sensation. IT'S A BEAUTIFUL WORLD --- I WISH I COULD LEARN TO LET GO AND ENJOY IT.

Sarah mentioned the "Linden Method"...?   What is that? 
Bookmark and Share

Offline Pan

• Rec's: 63
  • Duirt me leat go raibh me breoite
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2009, 03:20:30 PM »
Thank you.. I will try not focusing on it so much, and not thinking of it as such a horrible thing. You have a good point there --- if I'm totally focused on it and fighting it, I am probably making it worse.
I had a similar thing happening, where I was focusing on my breathing all the time. I felt like I was "taking deeper breaths" than usual and felt there must be something physically wrong with me. The more I fought it and thought about it, the worse it got, till I was near hysteria.

What makes people like us so "inward focused" when everybody else is just out there enjoying life??   It makes me angry that I can't focus on the world around me -- instead I'm always obsessed about my body or some stupid physical sensation. IT'S A BEAUTIFUL WORLD --- I WISH I COULD LEARN TO LET GO AND ENJOY IT.

Sarah mentioned the "Linden Method"...?   What is that?  

Linden is the surname of the guy who 'invented' a method to rid yourself of anxiety.  I have heard good things and bad things about it.  If you Google it you will find loads of information.  The only reservation I have is that this method is actually something you have to pay for and I'm totally 100% convinced that all the information and the 'method' can be found for free by using your smarts and researching about anxiety and physical anxiety and more importantly applying what you learn.

Having said that, if you decide that you want to do the course and it works for you...well, what price a glimpse of the beautiful word eh?
Bookmark and Share

Offline tmicrowave

• Rec's: 6
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2009, 05:31:27 PM »
I have to say sometimes i'll get what you seem to be feeling
And exercise doesn't help me either
but crying always does
i don't know if it is the kind of answer your lookin for but
all i know is, crying always makes me calm and i've been using it to help myself for awhile now!
and it helps when i feel that way  ::)
Bookmark and Share
Jenna

"When the heart weeps for what it has lost, the soul laughs for what it has found." - Sufi aphorism

Offline Ymir

• Rec's: 3
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2009, 05:00:10 AM »
I have had this for years. Anxiety and depression makes us focus inward and this is a side effect of that.  It is also experienced by those who practice meditation. This energy sensation is normal and what's happened is you've simply become more aware of it. Its your nerves.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: