Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: incomplete bowel movements  (Read 4407 times)

Offline hoopies78

• Rec's: 0
    • Poke This Member
incomplete bowel movements
« on: January 10, 2009, 04:05:03 PM »
I suffered with bowel issues for many years of my life but always just dealt with it. It was believed that i had IBS but I used to get loose bowels and urgency all the time especially in the am and after meals. Now, its the opposite problem. Going to the bathroom has become an obsession and I became a poop inspector. However, it now seems that I hardly ever get the loose bowel movements anymore and it almost feels like not much has come out, or there is more to come out. But when I look in the toilet, there is sufficent stools in there although it feels as if there was not much that came out. Sometimes when this happens, it takes me alot of toilet paper to clean up and i always get some dry blood on the paper but it always comes from the same spot. Just atop the butt crack. Even when I don't have to go to bathroom, I could take a tissue and press on that area and i would get a tiny amount of dry blood. It must be from excessive wiping but the area does get itchy alot too. I dont think i have hemorrhoids but maybe internal ones? I dont want a colonoscopy bc i fear what they will tell me and I am only 30 years old. I think it is very rare without a family history to get colon cancer at my age so I am trying to get that into my head. any help here would be appreciated.
At this point, I would rather have the urgency back and the loose bowel movements because at least I know that i am getting cleaned out.
Bookmark and Share

Offline hbug1624

• Rec's: 1
    • Poke This Member
Re: incomplete bowel movements
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2009, 04:28:05 PM »
This sounds just like me... but a little opposite right now. I have been on Lexapro for about 7 months now. Before Lexapro, my bowel movements were always urgent and came pretty quickly after meals. They were usually loose and would happen more than once a day. On Lexapro, everything got a lot more regular. No cramps associated with bowel movements, not feeling that urgency, more solid stools, etc. The last month, I have been under TONS of stress - family issues with the holidays, having to cancel my destination wedding due to finances, quitting a job and starting a new one, traveling, etc. I have been getting the cramping, urgency, and loose stools again, several times a day, usually soon after eating. I wonder if it's just stress? Keep me posted on your situation!
Bookmark and Share

Tags: