Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Why does my head feel heavy!??  (Read 74214 times)

Offline Rae Rae

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Busy
    Busy
    • Poke This Member
Why does my head feel heavy!??
« on: August 20, 2008, 08:19:42 PM »
I don't really know how to explain this, but sometimes my head will start to feel heavy to me.. like it's a bowling ball or something. I know everyone's heard of being "light-headed" but has anyone ever heard or felt "heavy-headed"??? At times it felt like it was very hard for me to hold my head up, like my neck just didn't want to hold it up. Has anyone else ever experienced this????
Bookmark and Share
"The secret of life isn't what happens to you, but what you do with what happens to you."

Offline molbelct

• Poke This Member
Re: Why does my head feel heavy!??
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2008, 11:20:21 AM »
I get neck tension that has given me tension headaches which make my head feel heavy.  I take some aspirin and stretch my neck and it goes away.  I find the more I focus on it the more tension there is and worse it gets.
Bookmark and Share

Offline niteriders1

• Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2008, 05:44:45 AM »
I sometimes get this and for me it's kinda scary. The dr says it's just my muscles all tensed up.
Bookmark and Share

Offline lamy12

• Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2008, 02:02:37 AM »
This is a major issue for me.  Once I had a panic attack while driving...it set the stage for ongoing anxiety/panic.  Especially when I am tired.  I have that feeling that my head is as heavy as a bowling ball and  that I really have no neck.....I am so tense and just can't relax.  I feel weird feelings in my head or anywhere really and then freak out over that.  I have to drive in the right lane so I can get off the freeway if I need to....all of my symtoms vanish when I finally reach my destinatin to get off of the freeway or get home.  It makes e so mad and I never want to drive anywhere too far becasue of this.  My biggest fear is passing out while driving....but it still hasn't happened  :sprachlos020:......lamy
Bookmark and Share

Offline shakingstevens

• Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2008, 08:54:42 PM »
i experience that alot, its usually accompanied by a throbbing sensation; im not sure if its the meds or a lack of fresh air..
Bookmark and Share
Everyone has their cross to bear - ours is just heavier than most

Offline randi77

• Just Joined!
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2011, 11:23:18 AM »
Thought I should post that I solved my heavy head problem.  For 2 years, my head felt incredibly heavy, like a bowling ball that my neck could barely support.  No meds seemed to help, nor did occupational therapist, chiropractor or acupuncturist.  Neck was stiff also.  Lying down didn't seem to help at all.  Felt like spine was compressed and I had the inclination to hang upside down to release the pressure.  (Never helped.)

After way too long, I discovered it was the Adderall I was taking (for adult ADD).  My discomfort was completely gone after going off of the Adderall.  In the 18 months since I've been off of Adderall, I have, on 5 occasions, taken 1/2 an Adderall (10mg) to help me focus on various projects.  Each time, the stiff neck, heavy head problems returned for several days afterwards.  The Adderall also caused me to clench my jaw & grind my teeth at night, which could have resulted in the rest of the problems.  Thought I'd share.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: