Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Wire  Bored?

Author Topic: lights make me dizzy  (Read 18594 times)

Offline flossgirl

• Rec's: 0
    • Poke This Member
lights make me dizzy
« on: July 18, 2008, 11:43:16 AM »
i was wondering if light in certain stores makes anyone else dizzy? I have been dealing with HA for a while now. My symtoms are being dizzy alot, somtimes all day. I hate feeling this way! I've had mri and numurous other test. Everything came back ok.
I just hate being dizzy all the time. Then when i walk into certain stores the lights trigger my dizzyness.
Then my Anxiety kicks in, and i get into rush mode to get out fast.
Bookmark and Share

Offline WorriedinTexas

• Rec's: 1
    • Poke This Member
Re: lights make me dizzy
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2008, 01:52:19 PM »
I know what you are feeling, I can't go into Walmart for instance because all the flourescent lights make me dizzy, or maybe it's not the lights but the big overwhelming store because I guess it happens to me at the grocery store too when I am super anxious. It feels like I am walking on a boat or in a tunnel sometimes and everything around me is blurry kinda or distant, very uncomfortable feeling. I have been working on my GAD and have recently started medication so I will have to see if I still get dizzy in stores, or in public in general. I know it's an anxiety thing though, so don't worry about it being something more than that.
Bookmark and Share

Offline flossgirl

• Rec's: 0
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2008, 02:31:15 PM »
Its good to know im not the only one. I feel like sometimes a may have a seizure or something. I Know, stupid, but that is what it feels like. I hate going anywhere with my daughter (2 yrs old) because im scared i will pass out from being dizzy.
I donn't want to live this way. I've started seeing a therapist, so hopefully that will help me.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Xalatimo

• Rec's: 40
  • Live.
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2008, 02:45:52 PM »
I think that's common.  Bright lights, like the ones in some stores, can cause some weird symptoms, even DP/DR.
Bookmark and Share
-X-

Offline Noahs Mom

• Rec's: 12
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2008, 06:06:27 PM »
I think that's common.  Bright lights, like the ones in some stores, can cause some weird symptoms, even DP/DR.

:bigsmile:
Thanks for posting that, Xal!  I was thinking today at work about how a lot of times when I have DP/DR it starts in the bathroom at work!  I was thinking that maybe it was the light... since I have a "usual stall" I visit, and it is right under a light... Think I'll be switching to a more dimly lit stall!  It freaks me out when that happens in there, and this is so gross and I've never told anyone this... I'm laughing just typing it!  I often think "Am I really here right now?  Is this a dream?  Am I wetting the bed?  Am I really some place else and going to the bathroom?"  It takes a long time to rebound from that... it's scary when it's happening, but I can laugh at it later.
I didn't know what DP/DR was until a few months ago, I thought it was just something weird with me!  :-*
Bookmark and Share
"I will prepare and someday my chance will come." - Abraham Lincoln

Offline laura124

• Rec's: 10
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2008, 10:45:05 AM »
Fluorescent lights give me anxiety.  Graduate school was a particular problem for me...almost to the point where going to class was scary because I felt like I was going to have a panic attack.  It's weird.  And I asked my friends if they feel that way and they really don't so ya I guess it's just how some people are "wired".
Bookmark and Share

Tags: