Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Dizzy, Light headed and weak  (Read 25800 times)

Offline Jillian

• Rec's: 0
    • Poke This Member
Dizzy, Light headed and weak
« on: July 14, 2008, 10:34:04 AM »
Well I have convinced myself this weekend that I now have a brain tumour.  I was just sitting at the computer on Friday evening and suddenly everything started spinning and I felt like i was going to pass out.  Since then I am not sure if it is in my imagination but I felt so lightheaded and really shaky.  Also I have a pressure feeling in my head and also some headaches.  When I am standing in one spot I seem to sway and I feel like I need to hold onto something so I don't fall over.  I have also been having hot sweats.  Feel like I should go to Emerg but keep hoping its anxiety, anyone had anything similar?
Bookmark and Share

Offline dhoosee

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Depressed
    Depressed
    • Poke This Member
Re: Dizzy, Light headed and weak
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2008, 01:13:51 PM »
Yes.  Have Light-headedness almost every day.  Worst in the morning, best in the evening/night.  Also have sensations of being wobbly while standing in one place. 

You may have an inner ear infection.  Very likely anxiety, but if it continues, go see a doc to ease your mind.   A million non-serious things can cause light-headedness  :yes:

Best wishes...
Bookmark and Share

Offline sportybears

• Rec's: 2
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2008, 02:06:16 PM »
Dizziness, lightheadedness, weakness, and feeling off-balance and unsteady are my main anxiety symptoms and i get them more days then not...so it can definately be anxiety related.  Or you may have a virus of some sort.  Try to relax and not push yourself too hard and make sure you are drinking enough water and take a multi-vitamin. Sometimes that helps a little.
Hope u feel better!
Bookmark and Share

Offline groovy

• Rec's: 4
  • Mood: Hyper
    Hyper
  • "Life begins at the end of your comfort zone"
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2008, 10:05:14 PM »
its hard to rule out brain tumor when all you get is dizziness, lightheadedness, and headache. with brain tumor, the tumor expands affecting specific parts of your brain which is why physicians are looking for more than the symptoms mentioned above such as seizure, speech problems, loss of balance, tinnitus (constant ringing in ears) etc. Hot sweats are common to anxiety and does not imply brain tumor at all. you're prolly need some rest. the symptoms u mentioned are classic signs of anxiety. i wouldn't worry that much.
Bookmark and Share
-groovy-

Tags: