Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: what color is clay??????????  (Read 66154 times)

Offline panicqueen

• Rec's: 1
    • Poke This Member
what color is clay??????????
« on: July 10, 2008, 12:42:43 PM »
clay colored stools are a symptom of liver disease.  what the heck does that mean?   i thought it meant gray, but someone else said no way that clay was red?  what is it?

thanks.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Kam07

• Poke This Member
Re: what color is clay??????????
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2008, 01:00:42 PM »
Ah more poop stuff!

Ok I've done my fair share of looking online for the right color stools. Recently as of last month I had a physical done and blood work, I was stressing soooo much, my doctor is the USA Olympic Swimming and Water Polo head doctor so I know I was in the right hands.

Anyways I had blood work done then it came back high liver functions so what ended up happening and making a long story short, I had to go for a ultrasound for my abdomen and then CT scan since the doc couldn't see anything on the US.

I was so worried it was something worse like cancer of liver, bile ducts, pancreas so on so forth,  I was stressing so much my bowel movements were acting up and I was getting light colors of yellow and loose stools.

Clay colored would be almost white/grey because when I went for a CTscan I had to drink the barium smoothie, mmmm banana (NOT) and my stools were a little lighter.

See there is where we get into types of clay and from what I understood clay was pale/white.
Bookmark and Share

Offline marc

• Community Greeter
  • Rec's: 64
  • Mood: Confused
    Confused
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2008, 03:35:48 PM »
Clay colored stools are usually grayish in color. This doen not necessarily indicate liver disease. It may be caused by
certain medicines, gall bladder issues or viral hepatitis or what you ate. If it persists, I would consult a
physician.
Bookmark and Share
If you're going through hell, keep going.
Never, Never, Never, give up.

Offline panicqueen

• Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2008, 04:27:13 PM »
well, actually, i don't have gray colored stools.  i was just trying to verify that by asking y'all what clay colored meant.  if it means gray, then (knock on wood) i don't have it.  my 2 friends said that that would be a reddish orange color.  i did not think they were right.  not to be gross, but mine have been on the pale brown sometimes almost yellowish color.  hope that doesn't indicate anything bad. 

THANK YOU ALL!
Bookmark and Share

Offline Kam07

• Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2008, 06:36:35 PM »
Chyeah! poop is a disgusting thing but also kinda like eh? :sprachlos020: but I can tell you it your body plays tricks on you being what ever you ate is kinda what you see. If you eat alot of veggies then it most likely be darker in color where if you eat not as healthy might be a little looser and not as dark.

Cheers to good poop. ha.
Bookmark and Share

Offline panicqueen

• Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2008, 10:32:13 AM »
so the consensus is that clay colored poop means gray?

just making sure.

i've just been freaking out because mine has been a lighter almost yellow color lately.  WTF????????????????   not really a brown anymore.  HELP... what does this mean?  my liver function tests came back ok, other than my total protein level.  i think she said it was out of wack, but normal for a pregnancy.  all enzymes were normal and billirubin.   i am a wreck.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: