Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Blank feeling in brain/spacey/feel of face of stone  (Read 16572 times)

Offline angeliz

• Rec's: 3
    • Poke This Member
Blank feeling in brain/spacey/feel of face of stone
« on: June 13, 2008, 02:50:55 PM »
How do any of you stop from fearing everything? Am I the only one whos mind just goes around and around all the time and whos body stays on edge just waiting for something bad to happen? No matter what I do, I cant get my body to relax and Im constantly feeling short of breath, and my mind just feels this "blank" like feeling some times. When I am like this, I just feel like I am going thru the emotions, monitoring every word I say because it doesnt feel like reality around me. I feel in slow motion and I have to really THINK to do anything! Yesterday I was exhausted and I felt the whole day like i was just going to drop over. I was short of breath and then last night my chest got really tight and i could feel myself begin to panicky. It even felt like it was vibrating....I got up and took my BP right away and it was 134/90! Im like ususally 90s-low 100s over 60s. I set there and tried to relax an do breathing exercises and eventually it went down. I feel panicky and spacey most of the time and of course as I have said before fear the the big B.T.
Today I'm like this again, just not quite as bad, but I did not sleep well last night. So my chest is tight and my heart is about 90-low 100s today. I have tachycardia and PVCs anyways but I get scared of going back into atrial fib
Bookmark and Share

Offline WorriedinTexas

• Rec's: 1
    • Poke This Member
Re: Blank feeling in brain/spacey/feel of face of stone
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2008, 03:03:40 PM »
Blank Feeling in Brain/Spacey/Feel face of stone. Yes. Am I in a constant state of fear over everything? Well not everything, the dirty dishes and dust piling up around me doesn't scare me but the way I feel sure does, my thoughts do. I feel too like I am just going to collapse but I have been feeling this for 4 weeks now and even at my very very worst I didn't. Don't take your BP when you are anxious. I have actually stopped even checking my pulse, as long as my heart is beating that's great! I know all about the spacey, blank feeling though, it's the worst for me and everything feels like slow motion around me, nothing looks or feels real, I can't talk to my husband even or interact with him, I don't feel real and everything around me is on hold until I get a hold of this again. I have come back from a place like this before and I will again. But Angel, you are not alone, this is GAD, we all experience some version of this or worse. You have read my posts I am sure and nothing you are feeling is different than what I am feeling. Promise!
Bookmark and Share

Offline angeliz

• Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2008, 03:14:29 PM »
Thanks Worried. But do you ever feel like no matter how much you try to describe how your feeling its still not the right words? That its still not a real clear pic to everyone.?  I hate the feeling of this especially when I feel I cant interact like you say even at home with myhusband and I feel like he sometimes looks at me like "whats wrong with you?" Last night he was begging me not to take my BP but I had too. I have heart issues and when im like this, I panic even more.
My feelings in my head is what scares me. How my "feelings"  seem  to change in moments. Like sometimes I feel really really irritable OUT OF THE BLUE! and then I go back to feeling something else either shortly after or maybe it will take a hour or so. But the irritability feels like EVERY nerve in my body is wired to the hilt! I FEEL like my Bp is 200/100 but when i check it isnt even close usually. 134/90 is reallly high for me so that did freak me out but obviously it was cause I was panicking. I get this anxious over wired feelings in my head too. Do you? Like pressure is the best I can describe it. I appreiciate your help and understanding. It helps to talk to others who can relate to at least some of what we are going thru...
Bookmark and Share

Offline WorriedinTexas

• Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2008, 03:29:00 PM »
Yes I will feel so agitated all over that I can't stand it, I don't wanna even be looked at, or answer a questions or anything. I get the pressure in head like it's going to explode and am not sure if it's quite physical or what it is but it feels overwhelming and then I get the terrible blank feeling that makes me want to hit myself on the head to make it go away. I know what you are saying about not quite being able to express how you feel. I feel like saying, I feel this but 1000X worse. It's so hard to put a finger on these very vague but bothersome sensations. Some are not so vague. But believe me I just go through the motions day to day and somedays like today I feel so heavy, physically heavy, like I could sink right onto the couch. It's all just anxiety. I know it's from my Central Nervous System. Have you tried just laying on the floor with some nice music and just start with your toes and feel every inch of your body mentally. Acknowledge all of it and then let it go. Take deep breaths all the way into your stomach. It helps me to feel back in touch with myself. Because at my worse I don't feel attached to my body, in fact I feel like I haven't looked down at my body in 4 weeks. I am getting better each day. You have to find something today to be thankful for. Look outside of yourself and focus on a tree, or flower, or bird, I know it sounds simple but it works for me sometimes. I am pretty low right now but I am fighting. If you are on medication consider changing it maybe. There is a way back from this, you just have to find it.
Bookmark and Share

Offline angeliz

• Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2008, 03:44:59 PM »
Worried; I dont know what your faith is, but I have a strong Faith in Jesus! This may sound funny being here I am on here going from forum to forum. But every day, sometimes 10x a day or more I call on him either just to thank him for something of my past, or something that I cant see yet but know that He has in store for me, or alot of the times to call on Him for strength. There is NO WAY i could of made it thru my sons death without Jesus. I cant even tell you what it was like during that time and I know that Jesus just picked me up and carried me cause for so long I was so out of it. So I know if He can take me thru that, he can take me thru this. BUT, of course satan is always lurking around to say hahahahah, if Jesus was this or Jesus was that then YOU wouldnt be feeling like you are". But I know I give the devil too much credit to work with because I get so weak, so scared that I cant fight it and I give in to the fears. I have went back and forth in my head with Can I be healed of this with enough faith and works on my own? OR is a chemical imbalance that only time and medication can take care of???
Those are just MY feelings and not meant to preach towards anyone else, just My beliefs and feelings. I feel like God is trying to help me but IM not mentally working hard enough to drive out the bad thoughts, the negative thoughts in order to let any GOOD in. Its like I get stuck on this wheel or despair. And of course when things are Good for a few days or a week, I feel so Free and I want to believe its all over forever, but it comes back.
Bookmark and Share

Offline WorriedinTexas

• Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2008, 04:34:25 PM »
Angel I do have a strong faith in God. I pray all the time and ask for peace in my heart and in my mind. Now I just have to do what God wants me to do to obtain that and he just wants me to stop doubting that I am capable of achieving that peace and start living that peace. It's starting to work. How do I not fear everything everyday? Well I stopped trying to control my fears, the more I try to control or stop them the more they scare me. Now I just say ok, well my head hurts because my neck is tight and if I get up and stretch that will go away. Or if I have a particularly scary thought, which I get alot I just acknowledge it and then dismiss it. I tell myself over and over again, if something bad is going to happen either a.) it would have happened or b.) hey I can't live my life fearing what may or may not happen. That's like quitting your job and waiting to win the lottery because you just know some day you will but in the meantime the bills are piling up. It really is simple but only if you keep it simple. Find what gives you the most peace and stick with it. Today for instance I keep saying, what am I waiting for, I am happy right now, I don't have to wait to be happy, it's here today. IF we can convince ourselves we are unwell can't we convince ourselves we are well?
Bookmark and Share

Offline Xalatimo

• Rec's: 40
  • Live.
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2008, 04:37:18 PM »
Angel I do have a strong faith in God. I pray all the time and ask for peace in my heart and in my mind. Now I just have to do what God wants me to do to obtain that and he just wants me to stop doubting that I am capable of achieving that peace and start living that peace. It's starting to work. How do I not fear everything everyday? Well I stopped trying to control my fears, the more I try to control or stop them the more they scare me. Now I just say ok, well my head hurts because my neck is tight and if I get up and stretch that will go away. Or if I have a particularly scary thought, which I get alot I just acknowledge it and then dismiss it. I tell myself over and over again, if something bad is going to happen either a.) it would have happened or b.) hey I can't live my life fearing what may or may not happen. That's like quitting your job and waiting to win the lottery because you just know some day you will but in the meantime the bills are piling up. It really is simple but only if you keep it simple. Find what gives you the most peace and stick with it. Today for instance I keep saying, what am I waiting for, I am happy right now, I don't have to wait to be happy, it's here today. IF we can convince ourselves we are unwell can't we convince ourselves we are well?

Damn...how much are you charging for that advice?  You'd make a good therapist.  :winking0008:
Bookmark and Share
-X-

Offline WorriedinTexas

• Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2008, 04:40:26 PM »
Xal just use it and pass it along. And if you feel so inclined please purchase a copy of "The Power of the Shower" available in paperback November 2020. Hehe! :action-smiley-065:
Bookmark and Share

Offline Mike S.

• Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2008, 04:41:41 PM »
I've also been going through the same stuff (except worse), and I also have strong faith in Jesus...although it has been hard to comprehend big topics. Medicine has helped me significantly, and I've only been on it about 3 weeks. Just stay positive and do positive things. See a psychiatrist or a psychologist. They can help. But just know that there are MANY people going through the same thing you are right now, trust me.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Xalatimo

• Rec's: 40
  • Live.
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2008, 04:45:48 PM »
No discount?
Bookmark and Share
-X-

Offline WorriedinTexas

• Poke This Member
« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2008, 04:52:51 PM »
Tell you what, I will sign it for you.  But yeah I guess you can have a discount and a shout out because you my friend helped me to tap into this inner Buddha. HAHA!
Bookmark and Share

Tags: