Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Excessive belching  (Read 1999 times)

Offline Eva62

• Rec's: 5
    • Poke This Member
Excessive belching
« on: May 30, 2008, 09:02:03 PM »
Is excessive belching a sign of anxiety?  I have been having a lot of belching lately. I also have some regurge, and burning. I take prilosec, but is that medicine really for  heartburn?  What exactly is GERD?  What meds work on that?  Maybe I'm just getting over anxious about my vacation.  We leave on Monday at 5 am, My daughter's confirmation is Sunday at 5 pm and my father-in-law is still in the hospital recovering from bypass surgery which he had a stroke during the procedure! 

Can all this be from anxiety and pressure?  I thought I was doing good, but these past two weeks have been real hard, and I don't want to fall back into the same old habits.  I do admit that I've been googlomng again.

Eva
Bookmark and Share

Offline marc

• Community Greeter
  • Rec's: 64
  • Mood: Confused
    Confused
    • Poke This Member
Re: Excessive belching
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2008, 11:24:55 PM »
Prilosec, nexium, prevacid and protonix are designed to fight heartburn/GERD. My GI
doctor told me excess burping is caused by swallowing too much air while eating and
drinking, He said it can also be caused by anxiety and GERD.
Bookmark and Share
If you're going through hell, keep going.
Never, Never, Never, give up.

Offline Beth

• Rec's: 2
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2008, 12:03:35 AM »
Wow, it really sounds like you have a lot going on now. I think you have good reason to be feeling anxiety, and I'm pretty sure that can cause the belching. It's one of the few symptoms I don't ever seem to get -- I just rarely belch for whatever reason. But I've been around other people (family members/friends, etc.) who do seem to belch more when they're nervous, stressed, uptight, etc. Maybe this will all settle down once your life calms down a little bit.

Bookmark and Share

Offline seleck05

• Rec's: 2
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2008, 02:25:40 AM »
omg lol I clicked on this as soon as I saw it cause sounded just like me! my bf makes fun of my cause i'm always burping!  Ithink it is anxiety for me cause it started when I started to get anxious again part of the whole upset stomach ordeal i guess...
Bookmark and Share

Tags: