Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Anxiety Zone Wire    Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Shaking inside, vibration feeling, twitches, jerks  (Read 27695 times)

Offline angeliz

• Rec's: 3
    • Poke This Member
Shaking inside, vibration feeling, twitches, jerks
« on: May 19, 2008, 03:40:21 PM »
Hello. I have posted on here in the past. I am hoping that maybe some newbies on here may have some answers or something!
I have for a while now suffered not only from Depression but PTSD and severe anxiety. It basically has taken my "life" away from me.  I feel like my depression and PSD Im getting under control little by little. BUT, I can not get FEAR out of my life due to the trembling feeling I have EVERY DAY in my body. At night I have muscle JERKS. During the day its mainly the tremors inside and the twitches where you feel like some one is poking you randomly (sp?) My insides stay tense and trembling and if I get into a enviroment where others are such as having a dinner or something, it escalates. Sometimes the tremors will go into a full shake. Where others can see it too. Like when your cold and shivering, but Im not cold. I go to bed and I jerk and I jerk and I jerk. Legs, arms, shoulders, hands and sometimes it hits my stomach mucles and its almost like I sit up in bed. Like the reaction you get when someone punches you or acts like they are going to punch you in the stomach and you quench. ANYONE ELSE RELATE TO ALL THIS PLEASE???? CBC Normal, Metabolic panel Normal. Reflex test by Neuro Normal. He even said he didnt see any reason to run more test. He said its most likely anxiety and I need a PSYCHIATRIST. I see a Pshychologist.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Xalatimo

• Rec's: 40
  • Live.
    • Poke This Member
Re: Shaking inside, vibration feeling, twitches, jerks
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2008, 04:13:20 PM »
when i used to be extremely anxious i used to wake up feeling like im at sea, vibrating feelings, also twitches as well.  its probably anxiety related.
Bookmark and Share
-X-

Offline whataprettyworld

• Rec's: 4
  • dancing with the taoists
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2008, 04:28:31 PM »
FULL HOUSE!!!......got all of them as well.

Tell me, how would you describe the vibration feeling as this is what annoys me the most...whenever I mention it to the GP I just get a look like I am mad.  I always think it feels like the sensation you get when you hold a hose pipe with high pressured water pulsing through it.  By all accounts, this buzzing/vibration is just very fast light twitches but it never actually feels like that to me.

Anyway, my sensations:

That damn buzzing/vibrating.

Twitching, mainly in calfs but also be in stomach...left eyelid been twitching for 9 months.  Also get the jerks etc and sometimes the startle/myclonic jerk thing...a thumper in other words.

Tingles and pins and needles, mainly on waking but find that get them more often througout the day before all this began.

General fatigue coupled with feeling spacy and not quite with it at times.

General muscular aches and pains.

Joint pains.

Internal tremor...shaky feeling...jelly legs.

Percieved weakness.

.....and probably a ton of other I have forgot.  Seen a ton of doctors and a neuro and all have said the same thing...ANXIETY!!

What fun eh ::)

Bookmark and Share
...all this he saw, for one moment breathless and intense, vivid on the morning sky; and still, as he looked, he lived; and still, as he lived, he wondered."

Offline sda

• Rec's: 1
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2008, 04:38:52 PM »
I have had it too and sometimes still get it depending on how anxious I am, and sometimes, I get it when I don't even think I am anxious, but I do have to say that it has gotten so much better since I went on Lexapro..I know meds aren't for everyone, but they have helped me to be a lot more stable and my mind doesn't race as much as before etc and then the added bonus is I have less and less physical sensations that I had before.  Also, this is a very common complaint here...buzzing/vibrating/tingling etc....
Bookmark and Share

Offline angeliz

• Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2008, 04:52:47 PM »

Well, the vibration feeling is just that. I feel like my whole insides are vibrating. Like maybe when you are leaning against something that is humming. I dont know, lets say like what an electric toothbrush feels like when its on. (Are those even still around? lol) But maybe that is a better word, Humming feeling thru out my arms, legs, neck, trunk area. But with it I feel shakey and tense. Kinda like I feel I cant relax my body. Sometimes I am in tears at night cause I cant get to sleep cause of this feeling. I find myself holding my breath alot of times too. I HATE ANXIETY! It has taken so much of my "freedom" away.
Bookmark and Share

Offline jesshoo37660

• Rec's: 0
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2008, 06:13:24 PM »
this is so me but it is 24/7 is it constant for u?
Bookmark and Share

Offline angeliz

• Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2008, 06:27:16 PM »
I do! 24/7 Some days are better than others, BUT I have it every day. I feel like Im getting no where with Drs. I seen a Neuro and he did the reflex type test they do and reufsed basically to run any test saying its a Psychological thing...anxiety or what ever stemming from my "issues". I really really try to get better, and it stays with me. Do you take any medication or do anything that helps?
Bookmark and Share

Offline jesshoo37660

• Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2008, 06:38:37 PM »
im on 20mg of paxil it has helped me from worrying so much it's just all this physical symptoms that wont go away it drives me nuts.  i went to a neuro also and he said it was anxiety but it seems too physical to be anxiety.  i take ativan when needed but it doesnt subside the vibratings and twitches and tremors it just helps me to cope with it better.  i am supposed to be seeing a psychiatrist next week.
Bookmark and Share

Offline jesshoo37660

• Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2008, 06:41:21 PM »
did they not give u medications?
Bookmark and Share

Offline angeliz

• Poke This Member
« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2008, 06:43:06 PM »
IVe been on Wellbutrin 150x1 day and I also take Ativan as Needed, but it doesnt seem to help much now. How much do you take?
Bookmark and Share

Offline jesshoo37660

• Poke This Member
« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2008, 06:47:23 PM »
ive been on 20mg paxil for a month now and 1mg of ativan.  my doctor wont refill my ativan bottle b/c its addicting.  i literally had to beg him to prescribe me something cuz i thought i was dying.  they need to up my paxil dosage b/c it is not helpping anymore.  the ativan puts me to sleep but it really doesnt help me either.  im sick of it all.  when my head vibrates i feel like enetering myself into some mental institue b/c noone else seems to help.
Bookmark and Share

Offline angeliz

• Poke This Member
« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2008, 06:52:24 PM »
Did the Neuro do any test on you? How old are you?
Bookmark and Share

Offline jesshoo37660

• Poke This Member
« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2008, 06:54:36 PM »
they did a nerve conduction study on me and it was fine (except they found a little weakness in my left ulnar)he said it was nothing to worry about and that i was fine.  he also checked my reflexes and said i am a little too hyperreflexive but it probably doesnt mean anything he said.  i am 23 years old.  what did ur neuro say and how old r u?
Bookmark and Share

Offline angeliz

• Poke This Member
« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2008, 07:10:46 PM »
well Im 43 F. All he did was a reflex type test. nothing else cause he said that he didnt see anything to warrant anything else. Hmmmmm How is the nerve conduction test done? Funny that is was a little off and the other yet he wasnt concerned. But they are the Dr.s huh
Bookmark and Share

Offline jesshoo37660

• Poke This Member
« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2008, 07:20:45 PM »
they did the nerve conduction study b/c my finger tips get tingly alot.  they shocked my body over 200 times.  its not fun at all and it took forever!!!  the weakness in my arm they said was like a headache without the migrain and since i have 2 young kids they said it could be from lifting my children... the hyperrerflexive thing worried me alot until i met a lady at my daughters daycare that also suffers from anxiety and she said that she was hyperreflexive also.  i just cant convince myself that this all is anxiety b/c it is too physical.  its very difficlt to deal with.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: