Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Switching meds from prozac to Lexapro having problems, help!  (Read 3471 times)

Offline ButterflyGal82

• Rec's: 0
    • Poke This Member
Switching meds from prozac to Lexapro having problems, help!
« on: April 22, 2008, 01:38:44 PM »
I have been on prozac 20mg for less than two months or almost two months. My reg doc put me on it. I went to see the psychatrist and since I wasn't liking it and having headaches, he said he wants to change me to lexapro. He said I could go off my 50 mg trazadone and to take prozac every other day till I see him next week.
Going off the trazodone made me have sleep problems so I went back to it but my body was now out of wake with it and my neuro gave me ambien cr.
Lately Ive been crying more, feeling certain anxiety physical symptoms more, more headache, more anxiety and waking up like I feel sick but I'm not. My psychatrist told me last week on the phone I could continue like normal with the prozac but I want so bad to change meds. I missed school today and just generally feel blah.

Anyone else have problems when changing meds?
Bookmark and Share

Offline sda

• Rec's: 1
    • Poke This Member
Re: Switching meds from prozac to Lexapro having problems, help!
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2008, 01:57:42 PM »
I switched from zoloft to lexapro, my dr had me take half a dose of zoloft and half a dose of lexapro for 1 week at the same time and then start taking a half dose of zoloft and full dose of lexapro for one week and then quit the zoloft and just take the lexapro.  I didn't have to much of a hard time b/c I was taking xanax at the same time as well to help with the transition, but I do think it is normal to have some trouble getting off of one med and starting  new one.  I took lexapro a while back too and when I quit it back then, I had some weird feelings in my head...kind of foggy head feeling I guess.  I hope you feel better soon!  :action-smiley-065:
Bookmark and Share

Offline ButterflyGal82

• Rec's: 0
    • Poke This Member
Re: Switching meds from prozac to Lexapro having problems, help!
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2008, 05:36:57 PM »
I switched from zoloft to lexapro, my dr had me take half a dose of zoloft and half a dose of lexapro for 1 week at the same time and then start taking a half dose of zoloft and full dose of lexapro for one week and then quit the zoloft and just take the lexapro.  I didn't have to much of a hard time b/c I was taking xanax at the same time as well to help with the transition, but I do think it is normal to have some trouble getting off of one med and starting  new one.  I took lexapro a while back too and when I quit it back then, I had some weird feelings in my head...kind of foggy head feeling I guess.  I hope you feel better soon!  :action-smiley-065:

Wow, that sounds better than what my doctor is doing. I left a call back number but he hasn't called back yet...I'm just worried cause this is ruining mine and everyone in my families life.

I hope I feel better soon too, thanks.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: