Chat Now!   Member Gallery   Anxiety Zone Wire   Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: OCD Making Me Feel Like a Horrible Person  (Read 396 times)

Offline wheelie19

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
OCD Making Me Feel Like a Horrible Person
« on: December 10, 2013, 08:08:46 PM »
I hate this.  I hate it.   I was feeling SO much better.  I had this memory pop into my mind of doing something bad.  This memory came up about 7 and a 1/2 years ago for the first time but, I don't actually remember it happening for real if that makes sense like I don't remember feeling bad about it when it would have happened, just a random memory 4 years later.  I feel for this reason it is a false memory because why would I have NO "real memory" of when the event happened.  Just a random thought popped into my head that felt like a memory.  I feel undeserving.  Worthless.  Went home from work yesterday and called in sick today… Can anyone provide some insight..?
Bookmark and Share

Offline Leo99

• Rec's: 5
  • Mood: Okay
    Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: OCD Making Me Feel Like a Horrible Person
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2013, 04:38:46 AM »
Hi wheelie19,

I guess the aim of the 'good ol' ( :sick0002:) ocd IS making us doubt ourself and feel like bad people. Most often it's just the opposite to what we really are. With anxiety we tend to 'seek' prove that we are indeed bad and undeserving and our brain willingly offers the 'proof' that we really are, even if it has to dig for it deep in the past.
Ocd usually comes up with thoughts we're afraid of and makes us thinking we might lose control...
What helped my ocd thoughts was no trying to fight or ignore the thoughts. The solution was letting them buzz at the back of my brain, not paying much attention to them. Cus they love attention and feed from it.
Hope your thought are all nice soon  :winking0008:. Take care!
Bookmark and Share
From childhood's hour I have not been
As others were; I have not seen
As others saw; I could not bring
My passions from a common spring.
(E. A. Poe)

Offline wheelie19

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: OCD Making Me Feel Like a Horrible Person
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2013, 06:13:43 PM »
Yes, that makes sense. I guess if I didn't feel that it was a "memory" and was just a thought is have an easier time letting go. I never know when it is ok to write it off as "this an OCD false memory."
Bookmark and Share

Tags: