Chat Now!   Member Gallery   Anxiety Zone Wire   Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: dizzy and wierd pressure feeling at back of head..please help  (Read 10946 times)

Offline sportybears

• Rec's: 2
    • Poke This Member
dizzy and wierd pressure feeling at back of head..please help
« on: February 29, 2008, 07:46:59 PM »
Hi guys,

I'm a 30 y.o. female.  i haven't been diagnosed with anything officially yet (going 2 dr. on 3/6), but would definately say i suffer from HA and Panic disorder and have so for years.  My most common symptoms are dizzy/lightheaded, shortness of breath, heart palpatitions, heart beats hard, weak/shaky feeling and feeling of doom/fear of dying.

For the past few days, I have felt dizzy/lightheaded but with a wierd sensation in my head. I would not say it feels like a headache, and it's not painful, but its like a really heavy pressure, or squeezing sensation going on in the back of my head...and it kind of feels like something is pulling my head backwards.... :dazed:

I have searched this but can't find anyone who decribes anything like this.  Any ideas on what this is and what could be causing it, if it's not anxiety?  I'm kinda freaking  out about this right now and starting 2 feel anxious over it. ::)

I should also mention i took excedrin tension headache, it offered no relief!
Bookmark and Share

Offline marc

• Community Greeter
  • Rec's: 61
  • Mood: Busy
    Busy
    • Poke This Member
Re: dizzy and wierd pressure feeling at back of head..please help
« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2008, 10:35:06 PM »
Sounds like it could be sinus pressure or a sign of anxiety. I felt sometimes like things were crawling on top
of my head or like I had a hat on my head with no hat. Talk about screwed up symptoms. I had an MRI of my
brain with and without contrast with negative results. My doctor thought neuralgia was causing my symptoms.
Anxiety can cause many somatic symptoms with no explanations. I would not be concerned.
Bookmark and Share
If you're going through hell, keep going.
Never, Never, Never, give up.

Offline Deemet99

• Make each day your BEST day!!!
  • Rec's: 0
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2008, 12:14:09 AM »
sportybears
i have had this feeling on and off since i started having anxiety problems 15 yrs ago. mine would usually happen at night, as most of my persistant symptoms always do. start keeping track of when that feeling is the worst and sometimes you can see a pattern.
mine would always feel like a funny pressure or pushing sensation around the back of my head.  it was so weird and the more i thought about it the more i had it.  go figure, lol.  :happy0151:
try not to worry about it...easier said than done, i know.
Bookmark and Share
"Two roads diverged in a wood, and I--I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference." R. Frost

Offline aletam7745

• Rec's: 1
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2009, 03:59:13 AM »
i get the same feeling...i always fear a brain aneurysm or brain tumor when i get these feelings!!!  mine is like in the back/top of my head......it kind of feels like there is something heavy there...i almost feel like i need to pull my hair but i dont.....it is hard to explain....but i get it to and have been getting it all night an am glad to see there is someone else on here who has the same thing!
Bookmark and Share

Tags: