Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: blurry vision in one eye and headache  (Read 58045 times)

Offline Angsthase

• Rec's: 0
    • Poke This Member
blurry vision in one eye and headache
« on: January 23, 2008, 01:58:53 PM »
I am really worried about the blurry vision in my right eye and  often I also have a headache with it with some low grade nausea. This is going on since a week now. In the past I head headaches with low grade nausea but no blurry vision in one eye. Of course I am thinking brain tumor right away and I am freaking out. I had a ct scan of my head five months ago because I banged my head on the ground  when I got hit by a car. I assume they would have seen a brain tumor or  wouldn't they ??? Anyway, the ct of five months ago was fine. Could something terrible develop during that last 5 months.
Bookmark and Share

Offline melly310

• Rec's: 1
    • Poke This Member
Re: blurry vision in one eye and headache
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2008, 03:01:11 PM »
Nope, it wouldn't have developed in 5 months.   Believe me, I've been down this brain tumor road phobia.  And was told a million times after 2 CT scans and an MRI that NOTHING could develop in that short of time.

I have blurred vision in one eye at times, and it's always due to sinus pressure.  Do you have bad sinuses?  I also have had headaches with blurred vision in one eye but again, it was always sinus.  And the draiinage can make you feel slightly nauseous.

I'm from Oklahoma, so everybody around here is suffering from this.

Don't worry about it, if you had CT scan 5 months ago, it would've picked up even a tiny, tiny tumor, you don't have one so try really hard to not worry about it.

All the best

Melly
Bookmark and Share
An idle mind is the devil's workshop

Offline Angsthase

• Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2008, 03:12:58 PM »
Thanks for the reply. I am glad nothing could have developed (brain tumor) within the last five months. I don't have sinus problems and searching on the Internet freaks me out. I am kind of "glad "that I was hit by a car ( was not very serious) and therefore I got ct scan. Is a MRI better ?  I just don't know the difference. I wonder what else it could be ? I did e-mail my doctor today. I don't think anxiety is causing blurry vision or does it ?
Bookmark and Share

Offline melly310

• Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2008, 03:33:57 PM »
This sounds so familiar to me.  When I thought I had a brain tumor, I didn't believe the ct scans either and went for the MRI at my request.  And all because of googling!!!  You need to stay off there for one thing, it scared me to death.

I suppose an MRI would be better, that's what google says, BUT MRI's cost more, and I sometimes wonder if they don't tell you that for monetary purposes.  I actually had a dr. who told me that a ct scan would pick up a tumor easier than an MRI.

I do know this though, if ct scans were useless in detecting tumors, they wouldn't use them.  Think of the lawsuits these hospitals would have on their hands if a ct scan missed one.  And I used to read TONS of brain tumor survivor stories (don't do that!!!) and everyone of those people who had a brain tumor had a ct scan that detected it early.

And yes, anxiety can cause blurred vision.  Go to *****.com and read the list of anxiety symptoms there, I believe that blurred vision is one of the symptoms.

You don't have a brain tumor, you, like me at one time, just think you do.  But you don't, I guarantee that the ct scan would've  picked it up, and nothing would have had time to develop in just 5 short months.  It takes years for those things to grow and by the time you're having symptoms, you bet a ct scan would pick it up.

All the best,

Melly
Bookmark and Share
An idle mind is the devil's workshop

Offline Tatianna

• Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2008, 03:48:26 PM »
I have a brain tumour, benign and very treatable....right now it under observation, I get yearly MRIs..
Its called an acouctic neuroma and its actually in my inner ear but is still considered to be a brain tumour because its inter cranial..
Headaches are not the first sign of brain tumours...symptoms are not always what we typically think they should be.
I remember once I looked in the mirror and I saw that there was this white spot on my eye...I started freaking out being the Anxiety Queen that I am...for two days I thought i was dying...then I decided to touch it and whne I did it came off...lol...it was a spot of liquid paper ( i work at a desk in an office all day....) I felt soooooo stupid and I had wasted two more days with anxiety for no reason.
Your blurry vision most likely will go away within a couple of days, you may have stained your eye or something, have you been on the computer a lot ?? Did shampoo or hair products get in there ?? Were you cooking with spices and you may have touched your eye with your fingers ?? Anything else you could have touched ??
I think if you had a brain tumour you would have many other symptoms..
Hope u feel better really soon.
T
Bookmark and Share

Offline marc

• Community Greeter
  • Rec's: 64
  • Mood: Busy
    Busy
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2008, 07:01:14 PM »
A CAT scan is accurate, but an MRI with and without contrast is more accurate. Your symptoms
appear to be more headache related than tumor related.
Bookmark and Share
If you're going through hell, keep going.
Never, Never, Never, give up.

Offline Hasan88

• Just Joined!
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2012, 01:52:41 PM »
I know it's been a while since this post has been created but I guess anxiety disorders never gets old!! I'm currently suffering from all the mentioned symptoms and more. I've reached a point where I don't know what's really a symptom and what's a game my mind is playing with me. I have this bad habit of going online and read about brain tumors symptoms and it makes me more terrified. I keep on swinging between doctors and medications and my anxiety and depression have never been worse! I feel like losing my mind!! Now even if all the symptoms went away I'm still getting an MRI. I don't know exactly how am I gonna afford it but I have to figure something out or else I'm wasting my life in this madness. I'm 24 and I wish I could just die now. I hope the coming will be better. 
Bookmark and Share

Tags: